Be my little flashlight
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
If the owl would have been able to learn that the wolf was starting to see him as being intelligent, he would have wasted no time in acting out in a joyous manner. A miniature celebration, even, depending on how great he found the compliment to be. Lucky for them both, the wolf didn't seem to have any plans of sharing her inner opinion with him. If she ever had, the owl surely would have made a pact with himself to follow her around constantly to share more of his limited knowledge, and try to earn himself more compliment-like words.

“They are amazing things, aren't they?” Keyx said, question entirely rhetorical as a sense of wonder filled his voice. Without the stars, the night skies would be bland and he would have a large chance of getting lost often. It would be a terrible thing. Thankfully, the stars didn't seem like they'd be going anywhere anytime soon, leaving all those on the earth to come up with their own thoughts and uses for them. Speaking of uses... the boy smiled the best he could at the woman's inquiry, more than happy to share what he knew with her. “It takes a good big of practice, and a lot of memorizing,” he started, his head twisting about until his dark eyes landed on the North star. With his right wing, he pointed it out in the sky. “That star is called Polaris, and it's always pointing North. Many of us use it to get an outline of what direction we're heading in.” He pulled his wing back against his body, and his head started to twist around some more until it landed on a group of stars—a constellation, if you will. His wing moved out again to point to a line of three stars. “We also look at the constellations to figure out what area we are in, and they also tell us the seasons and what weather to expect if we are in a neutral climate at the time. That is Orion's Belt,” he said, wing moving some more until it was pointing above and to the left of Orion. “That is Gemini.”

Over his short life, he needed to memorize as much as he could to be successful as a Navigator, and honor his parents. Keyx didn't want to end up being the disappointment of the family, so he'd worked hard, in his own way. Once again, his wing was pulled back to his body, and his head turned right around to rest on the silver lupine once more. “Over time, you can relate certain constellations and lone stars to directions you need to go that point you towards places you need to be.”
Messages In This Thread
Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 14, 2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 21, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - March 05, 2015, 05:35 PM