The Sunspire No other shotgun rider
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Things had been going well, despite the slightly rocky start their reunion had gotten and though Vienna's words that followed her jibe about being in good company confused him at first, after analyzing them for a few moments dread rushed in to greet him. It settled like ice in his stomach, though he could not directly place why her words had unnerved him as they had. A swell of anxiousness rose within him and he shifted his weight, pressing his nose into the fur of her neck again to hide the anxiety her words had created, not really sure how to deal with it. Sumayl Ostrega didn't get anxious. He was cool, calm, collected. He had a narcissistic comeback for everything, except...he realized now that he didn't. There had been nothing as serious as this in his life before and he didn't want to mess it up, afraid that he inadvertently would. He couldn't lose Vienna. He couldn't, not because of something outside of his control and definitely not from something within his control. He had never meant to fall in love but he had and he knew that there would be no one else but Vienna for him. It was so undeniable to him that he didn't want a future that didn't have her in it. She belonged with him, and he her and that was something he felt in his soul.

Vienna mentioned that she had met Jace on her way back into The Sunspire and Sumayl felt his muscles grow taunt as he tried to rack his brain for anything that might have set Jace off on some tangent about him. Sumayl had actively avoided Jace since their last disagreement, which was nothing new. As long as he wasn't in the ebony male's presence than, for the most part, Sumayl was alright. Her following question had Sumayl's muscles taunter yet. For the most part he didn't consider his happiness because when she was around he was happy and didn't give a shit about anything else. Sumayl didn't mind Amekaze, though he did not know her well enough either way, and he didn't, really, socialize outside of Vienna. He understood how that could make it seem like he wasn't happy. He didn't know. He didn't know what he felt, or which answer was the right one. Though he favored himself to be mild tempered, he was angry at Jace. Angry at him for ratting him out to Vienna who hadn't, really, needed to know that Sumayl had been a recluse in her absence. If Jace thought Sumayl hadn't liked him to begin with, well now everything was worse, and the ebony male would be hearing about this, later.

“I'm happy when you're around,” It was the truth; but he couldn't lie to her even if he had wanted too (which he didn't). “You're the most important thing to me,” He didn't care about rank or anything else. Only her. Only the future together that he wanted. “I guess I could be more sociable but my perfection tends to breed resentment towards me pretty quick,” Sumayl teased, though his smirk didn't touch his eyes. Basically, what he had said in so many words was he was a confrontational, narcissistic asshole and no one but her really liked him. “I don't know Vienna. Your brother and I will never get along, I fear, and he's the Beta? I've tried to work out my issues with him but all I get is an attitude and a “well you're the one that always makes everything about you” or some bullshit. I can't even try to have a rational conversation with him because he doesn't want to hear what I have to say. When is that going to come back and bite me in the ass? When is he going to use his pull of power against me? Eventually, it's going to happen because he doesn't want to communicate with me,” Sumayl told her grimly, realizing that he might be killing himself in the process.

He wasn't sure why but he had a feeling that she might choose Jace over him if she were forced to make the choice. Probably because they were siblings, and siblings were supposed to be close. Although, Sumayl would chose Vienna over his siblings not because he didn't love them but because, eventually, someday, they would come back around and forgive him for it. That was the beauty of siblings, after all; but Sumayl was difference. He wouldn't be mad if his siblings chose their future spouse over him; for he couldn't be that for them and he wasn't going to be the one to make them happy for the rest of their life.

“I'm not saying I'm not at fault. I know I'm a confrontational, narcissistic asshole, I get that I have shit to work on, too,” He drew back slightly, figuring that this would either make or break them. He wished he could feel differently, convinced as he was that he was about to lose her. The best thing that had ever happened to him and he was terrified that his brutal honesty would cause him suffering for the rest of his life without her. “I'm tired of trying to avoid a leader of this pack. Someone who is supposed to listen to his subordinates and try to work out their differences with them without pushing it all back on them because it's not what they want to hear. It's one thing between two regular pack mates but a leader and a subordinate? Tell me that isn't going to come back and bite me in the ass.” Why did Jace have to be her brother? Why couldn't Sumayl just lie out his ass like any normal wolf would?

“I'm sorry Vienna, I know that me and Jace hating one another puts a strain on you and if I knew how to make it better, the magic fix it all I would, but I'm not going to change who I am because he doesn't like it,” Sumayl Ostrega would not change for anyone. “If I have to live as an Omega for the rest of my life to be with you then fine, I will. I don't give a shit. I told you I'm not going to make you choose, and I'm always going to choose you if I have to make one so I'll do what I've been doing. You make me happy, Vienna. I don't care about anything or anyone else.” As long as he had her then he'd deal with it because it was the only time he could deal with it.

Messages In This Thread
No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 14, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 15, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 16, 2015, 10:06 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 16, 2015, 07:19 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 18, 2015, 07:36 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 18, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 20, 2015, 09:16 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 22, 2015, 08:08 AM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - February 22, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Sumayl - February 26, 2015, 02:53 PM
RE: No other shotgun rider - by Vienna IA - March 06, 2015, 04:52 PM