TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Just gonna warn you now, I'm up to my ass in paperwork for my microbiology lab tomorrow so my posts are probably going to suck ass compared to yours. XD Also, could you please use a larger font? I have old lady eyes, lol. <3

It was the first time since his acceptance into Blacktail Deer Plateau that he had stepped foot outside their boundaries. Events of late had just pushed him too far, pressed too heavily upon his mind, for him to be comfortable anywhere near his brother or Hawkeye. The very scent of them bothered and upset him. Having decided that a few days away would do him some good, he now found himself wandering aimlessly in a place that was as radically different from his pack's landscape as an oasis was from the desert.

It was magnificent. He had grown up fairly close to the ocean, but had never once taken for granted its boundless power, majesty, and beauty. The sea flirted with him in kisses of salt upon his lips each time he licked them, and the hypnotic, dull roar of the waves transported him away on wild, tumultuous wings of imagination. He could live here. The idea of leaving Blacktail Deer Plateau still tiptoed at the edge of his thoughts; he had tried to find the good grace to forgive Peregrine, but it was lost somewhere in the bleak darkness within him. It was truly a thing that only time could tell.

As he lingered at the entrance to a mysterious network of caves, he let his thoughts on the subject drift away. Peregrine and Hawkeye and all that drama were many miles from here, in another place, another time. There was only here, now. And these caves beckoned to him, a dark labyrinth of secrets and discoveries yet to be explored. A fresh lupine scent lingered on the beachy air, and he wondered who had beaten him here. A soft woof into the dim light of the cave announced his presence here, its deep timbre echoing gently off into the darkness.
Messages In This Thread
TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Anemone - February 06, 2014, 11:30 PM
RE: TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Atticus - February 06, 2014, 11:48 PM
RE: TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Anemone - February 07, 2014, 12:05 AM
RE: TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Atticus - February 26, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Anemone - February 26, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: TERRITORY DISCOVERY | strange and beautiful - by Atticus - February 28, 2014, 02:20 PM