Be my little flashlight
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
The owl young owl had, pretty much, rambled on about the stars, shooting off word after word. It never dawned on him that the other might not know exactly what to look for when he went on about two constellations, as it was common knowledge among the owls he'd grown acquainted with. The realization came to him when the wolf inquired what they were, as well as what they looked like. For a second, he just looked at her, unsure if there was a chance she might be joking about not knowing. When nothing of the sort was found, though, he knew he would need to explain. Hopefully his words telling of what they looked like would allow her to see them, but if they didn't, he told himself he'd work up the courage to land on her and move her head to see them himself. The albino wolf had allowed him to settle on her back without a problem, so maybe this new wolf wouldn't mind either. Keyx knew that to be unlikely, so he would explain as best he could to avoid that situation.

"Orion's Belt is what is around the waist of the Orion constellation," the boy started. "Start at Polaris, then slowly turn to look to the Southeast until three stars in a line come into view. That is Orion's Belt, and you can see the stars surrounding it as Orion himself. He was a hunter, like us." Keyx was enjoying sharing what he knew, especially when the lupine seemed a bit interested in it, rather than just asking to be polite. "If you looks up from his belt and to his left shoulder, you'll be able to see the star known as Betelgeuse. It isn't as bright as Polaris, but is still noticeable enough. That takes you to the feet of the Gemini constellation. Gemini are twins, but legend says they had different fathers. Weird, huh?" The stars that created the twins, as well as the story behind them, was one he held a fondness for. It was due to him seeing himself as being able to relate to it, though he shares no similarities with him. It just speaks to him on some level, and the myth always caught his interest.
Messages In This Thread
Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 14, 2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 21, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - March 05, 2015, 05:35 PM