Emberwood beyond the veil
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><><FONT COLOR="#2b343e">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#394047"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#484c51">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56595a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#656563">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#73716d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#827d76">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#908a80"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e9689">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ada292"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#bbae9c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#cabaa5"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d8c7ae">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e7d3b8"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#f4dec0">m</FONT>></i></span></p></i></span></p>
11 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
There were many things raging within Quetzalcoatl in that moment, many intangible emotions that were raising and ebbing like the tide upon the sea, but she controlled and conquered each one that rose her way, allowing only the most important: concern to dominate her. Relief followed as a close second, however, finding that she was truly relieved that Manauia was, from an outward look, well and with Tezcacoatl. So long as one of his guard was present, Quetzalcoatl had determined that she was not going to try to fret too much over her son's safety though as a mother this fretting never truly went away in any real aspect. “A message had reached me but it did not come from your sisters,” Quetzalcoatl explained and then hesitated only slightly, sure that her following words might cause some distress in her loyal Huntress, knowing how against the slaves she was. “Word came from Five when I'd sent him out, he had caught Tezcacoatl's scent nearby looping back in the direction of this place,” Quetzalcoatl explained to Manauia, giving a small pause. “Five volunteered to follow it, but I refused his offer. I have been left to wonder too long and I needed to come myself.” Quetzalcoatl might have held some affection for Five as the father of her beloved son but she did not completely trust a man to do a woman's work; especially never a mother's work.

Which brought Quetzalcoatl to her next set of questions, though part of her was unsure if she truly wished to know the truth. “I have met a girl from the pack whose scent you and Tezcacoatl wear, Duskfire Glacier, I believe she called it,” Quetzalcoatl studied Manauia for a moment before continuing, “She claims that she knows no Tezcacoatl but that a male who looks exactly like me calls himself Týrr, do you know why this is?” Quetzalcoatl was trying to keep her royal calm but it was beginning to slip in her desperation for answers, and the despair that her son was not calling himself even “Tezca” despite that it was his favored nickname as a small child. The Serpent King, was he being true to his namesake, choosing cunning like the serpent or was there something else going on here? She didn't know. All she knew was that something didn't feel right.

“She has also told me there is a woman, one that Tezcacoatl is fiercely loyal and fond of. She was not able to tell me more, but you know my son more than she does. Who is this woman?” Quetzalcoatl demanded, unable to help the familiar thought that if it was the fondness that she anticipated (for what else would bind Tezcacoatl's loyalty so fiercely?) then she would have to do something. No one but an amazon woman was acceptable for Tezcacoatl. Once upon a time, Amoxtli and Tezcacoatl had been close, which was namely why the Queen had made her the head of the guard (though not the only reason), hoping to sow the seeds of that relationship, though Quetzalcoatl could see now that it had not been meant to be.

Messages In This Thread
beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 14, 2015, 07:04 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 15, 2015, 07:41 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 21, 2015, 12:40 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 28, 2015, 07:03 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 09, 2015, 12:13 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - March 22, 2015, 07:21 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 28, 2015, 09:45 PM