Redhawk Caldera god karen, you can't just ask people why they're white
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Got a little bit long, don't feel obligated to match XD

That the female's enthusiasm had been dampened by his lack of engagement was not lost on him, and for just a brief moment he furrowed his brows, a twinge of pity stirring in his gut. Jaws was not a cold wolf, he was just a poor conversationalist and perhaps worst at re-assuring or comforting others. He did not know what she did but did not like to see her - or anyone - suffering, whether physically or emotionally.

"No - Peregrine did," he answered her, a bit wary of her questioning about him and Dove. Where he saw no problem the white female did, and thus, he was in no hurry to make mention that they had encountered each other before he joined the pack. "She was the last one left to have something said about her," Jaws went on. "I don't know anything about her besides what I can see." That was his explanation and it was completely truthful.

Before she could prod him more about Dove, Jaws had a subject change. "Look, I get it," he said. "You stepped on some tails and now you're not sure about yourself. Head up - move forward. Maybe put out a little more..." and he trailed off, a roguish grin revealing a glimpse of his teeth. He stepped toward her, leaned close, and then backed off just as quick, his face again expressionless as he finished his statement. "Effort."

Although lacking grace and punctuated with his usual salacious humor, the advice was not all terrible. Really, moving forward and putting the effort in to reshape the views others may have formed of you (if they were worth it) was all you could do. Or just leave and say nuts to them which would have been Jaws' tactic.
Messages In This Thread
RE: god karen, you can't just ask people why they're white - by Jaws - February 28, 2015, 06:01 PM