The Heartwood The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home
44 Posts
Ooc —
The calm waters had took hold of her entirely, luring her into a trance. It stole her focus completely, leaving her without even the ability to hear the sound of approaching steps. The voice that was carried with the steps, however, was quick to reach her ears. The sudden words and realization of another's presence made her jump, but whether it be from fear or shock she couldn't tell. It was probably a combination of both, as she realized, and the girl slowly turned her head to see who was there. Her sea green optics immediately shot to the trace of blood near the man's muzzle, and it drew her up from her laying position and around to face the other entirely. Still, she stayed atop her beloved seal skin, as it was practically the equivalent of her life and her freedom. Muirgen did her best to keep her expression calm, but anyone could tell that the selkie was as nervous as ever.

The inquiry seemed harmless enough, but the look in the man's eyes had the girl on edge. What was going through his mind, exactly? She wondered about him, but made no move to voice her question on the matter. "I do not wish to just yet," she told him, the muscles in her legs bunching unconsciously. She wasn't ready to enter the water, but if she would have to then she would. She couldn't tell if the older wolf was a good swimmer or not, but she hoped he wasn't. That would present her with an excellent escape plan if push came to shove. The thought made her realize her body's reaction, and she forced herself to relax as much as she could. She didn't know the man or what triggered him, and wasn't all that eager to find out, either. "Is that why you have come here?" the selkie asked him, tilting her head slightly. "To swim?"
Messages In This Thread
The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:32 AM
RE: The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 06:58 PM