The Heartwood The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home
44 Posts
Ooc —
Aha, thank you! :D I'm really liking Dagger~

The caw of the bird was unable to grab her attention, as it seemed like nothing to her ears. Growing up so close to the ocean had attracted seagulls, whose calls where much more annoying than any other bird she'd ever encountered—though that wasn't many. Had it grabbed her attention, she would not have deemed it to be acting rude, as it was a bird. She'd never met a polite bird in her life, granted the birds she had met were mostly seagulls. Those thieving little featherbrains. They weren't worth the fish they stole from some in her rookery. They were evil little beings, and she couldn't believe that Lir would ever allow such creatures to feed from the fish he raised in the sea. As much as she could go on and on with thoughts of seagulls and other seabirds, she didn't. They weren't suppose to be her topic of thought, her focus was suppose to be on the older man.

Muirgen was curious about his words. Chilly waters? Surely they couldn't be that bad. They were probably much warmer than the ocean, but she didn't mention that. Instead, her ears perked to the second part of his words, concerning the fish. "You can catch fish?" she questioned, a bit curious. Maybe the wolves here weren't so different from those back home. That was another thing she didn't know, as the girl was still very new to the land, and had hardly met any others. She wished to learn, however, so she could live a much better life wherever she ended up. "Are you good at fishing?" Another question made it's way out of her mouth, but one she deemed to be important. As a selkie, she'd been taught to fish before she was taught to hunt, and knew to value others who did good with such a task. After all, fish could be awfully slippery at times!

Her bright optics stayed glued to the stranger as he drew closer to her, but she refused to move even an inch. She had her suspicions about new people people who were not of her kind, and the one before her definitely was not a selkie. Her suspicions only seemed to increase when he voiced an interest in her skin. "It is not just some 'prize'," she stated, a bit of a huff in her voice. She didn't like the fact that he was so close, nor did she enjoy him taking an interest in her skin while being so close. "It is my skin!" she informed him, a bit shocked he didn't know. Muirgen had to take a second to remind herself that she wasn't back home, and that it was perfectly understandable for someone to not know of her kind. "All us selkies have our seal skins. They keep us connected to the sea so that we may always return to it, our brothers, and our sisters."
Messages In This Thread
The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:32 AM
RE: The Waves Underneath Will Soon Be My Home - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 09:09 PM