Horizon Ridge pride comes before the fall
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
When the Alpha expressed gratitude for her well-being, Pied smiled weakly. She was far from okay but she wasn't about to call him out on his semantics. She remained silent as he spoke of the blackfish, though he referred to them alternatively as killer whales and orcas. Considering her own abilities—of which Akhlut still knew nothing—Pied very much doubted that the orcas were the reincarnations of deceased relatives, yet she saw nothing wrong with such a belief and certainly didn't want to refute any aspect of Akhlut's spirituality.

"Maybe I will feel more blessed once I can move again without it hurting like the dickens," she quipped wryly. "Dublin is doing a good job of taking care of me," she added, feeling it was important to drop the would-be medic's name in the Alpha's presence after what she'd done for the ailing Gamma. "I wouldn't be here if not for her..."

With a muffled groan, Pied shifted ever so slightly and then, after exhaling through the pain, mentioned, "I'm not exactly a fan of the blackfish—the killer whale, I mean—right now but I will reflect on what you've told me." Her eyes flicked upward to meet his, holding his gaze for a moment and seeing the gentleness there. She felt another lick of guilt, then quashed it, deciding she would never speak of her plans to run away to the plateau. They didn't matter now anyway.

Even though she'd meant to contemplate his words later, she found herself thinking back on Akhlut's remark about accomplishments. "I do have so much to live for... this pack and Kisu for starters. I just hope..." She felt her throat tightening as she considered a thought that had already begun to gnaw at her. "I just hope I'm still able to carry a litter to term after this. Dublin said there was internal damage." Her voice lowered nearly to a whisper as she admitted this and her golden and indigo eyes began to shimmer.
Messages In This Thread
pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - January 30, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - January 30, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 12, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 12, 2014, 10:06 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 20, 2014, 08:48 PM