Emberwood beyond the veil
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Confirmation that they had not reached home made her spirits fall, but she resolved not to let it worry her too much. There were three (four? I'm on mobile and can't double check D:) of them and all were formidable. Not many could best an Amazon in battle, and even amongst them, they were deemed elite. Trust the training, trust your sisters, she thought firmly, effectively cutting off that line of speculation.

True, she was not fond of the slaves, but they were useful when they knew their place. Five was such a slave, she knew, dutiful and never prideful. She knew him to be trusted with Quetzalcoatl, so she accepted without emotion that he had been the one to bring her word. She was a little surprised to hear that he had offered and been refused... though it was true he may not have been up to the task. Life of the savages could tempt the mind of even the strongest slave, for males were weak-minded creatures always. He may not have been able to ensure his return. It was better the Queen had come herself, though the task might have been better served with one of their other sisters.

So they had arrived at last upon this conversation. Manauia nodded, expression grave. "He has lost most memory of his time in Coatl's Rise. When I first came upon him, he did not recognize me, nor believe me when I told him who he was. He believed himself a Viking." This last was said dripping with disgust. "He has since come to realize that I spoke truthfully, though I do not know yet how much he recalls. If any. He still insists on going by that name." It was not happy news, and she did not know how the Queen would take it. After all, she had just indicated it likely he would not even remember his own mother should they meet. It was her own fierce hope that, when they did, it would perhaps be the catalyst he would need to come to his senses and forget this place. If only he could remember where his true home was. "He said he does not wish to disappoint you," she added, hoping to soften the blow.

Her gaze darkened a bit, though, at the thought of Tuwawi. Tezca's admiration of her was confusing, and the nature of the attachment was not known to the huntress. "I am not sure. Her name is Tuwawi, and she is fierce, but I do not understand fully why he is so loyal. He pledged himself to her before I caught up to him, so perhaps it is a desire to honor his word." She did not know that she fully believed this, but it would be preferred to the alternative the Queen was suggesting. "It could very well be more." She could not lie, nor would she wish to.
Messages In This Thread
beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 14, 2015, 07:04 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 15, 2015, 07:41 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 21, 2015, 12:40 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 28, 2015, 07:03 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 09, 2015, 12:13 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - March 22, 2015, 07:21 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 28, 2015, 09:45 PM