Be my little flashlight
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
Woo for new knowledge! :D Sorry for the wait on this, by the way! I research the stars a bit more before replying to this thread each time, and hadn't had the time to do that until now.

The young owl smiled in the best way he could when he heard the noise the wolf made. He didn't quite understand it, as he did not possess nearly as much knowledge on wolves as he did, say, the stars. Even Keyx, despite not being entirely sure of what the noise meant, could tell that the tone of the sound was a joyous one, and he felt happy because of that. It was nice being the teacher, he'd admit to that, and was experiencing second-hand joy through the woman as she followed what he was telling her. The boy had found it strange, at first, that the girl did not know much about stars, especially since he had always thought other animals relied on them just as much as owls. Now, however, he could sort of understand it (not really, but his mind is at least pretending to), and found it a great feeling being useful to a creature that could have very well eaten him, had he been close enough to her.

When the bears of the stars were mentioned, Keyx had to think for a second. His large, dark eyes traveled up to the sky, quickly locating Polaris. He extended a wing to point to the star with the tips of his feathers, before turning his head to look back to his fellow stargazer. “Ursa Minor and Ursa Major are the bears of the stars, and also referred to as the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper at times. Polaris marks the tip of the little bear's tail, and the rest of his body trails above him.” Once again, the owl turned his head so he could look in the sky again, then adjusted his wing so it was pointing to the Big Dipper. “Look West slightly, and down a little bit, and you'll see the big bear.” Keyx pulled his wing close to his body again, but his optics stayed stuck to the stars above. Without them, there's a good chance he would lose his way frequently, so he was glad they existed. Deep down, the owl hoped that his new found friend would be able to get a use out of them as well, and maybe even start to recognize certain constellations with direction to different places; much like he and the other Navigators do.
Messages In This Thread
Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 14, 2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 21, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - March 05, 2015, 05:35 PM