Firefly Ravine Black, white, and brown.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He nodded, finishing off his meal and tossing the carcass back into the water where it was doomed to be consumed by its kin. Fish were odd like that.

"The world can be cruel like that. I suppose we're all meant to be consumed eventually though, right? Even us. That's just the circle of life."

That lion king song is stuck in my head now :(
[Image: ddcfa3u-bfc8087c-9156-41db-804a-e9a1fd26...231428.png]
"Some Things are Better Left Dead"
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
"Naw, not us. Dead, maybe. But ain't much that eats wolves."

Except other wolves. Though it was rare, but not impossible. Bears, too. 

"And leeches I guess."
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Of course not - but when we die the bugs and birds will eat away at us. It's comforting in a way."

Some people found it disturbing to consider what would happen to them after death, but Phobos had always found it comforting. It was his idea of reincarnation; you would never be put to waste.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
"Maybe if yer sick in tha head. I'm fine bein' not bug food for as long as possible."

He wasn't scared of death, but it's not something he really enjoyed thinking about at length.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Just don't let it scare you - life is a lot more enjoyable that way."

He pushed himself to a stand, brushing up against Pepper as he passed him on his way back to the edge of the ravine. With his meal done he wanted to return to watching the water bugs.

"Sorry if I was being snappy with you earlier. I do appreciate the meals, I just don't want you to think I can't care for myself."
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Pepper was hardly scared. 

He did appreciate the apology, though hardly saw it as warranted. But he didn't believe the wolf could care for himself. At least, he hadn't been shown that to be the case. No wolf who was healthy looked like he did. 

"Don't mention it. Figured I might as well fish for ya, since ya wanna keep yer coat dry."
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"I feel like something should be done in return, that's all." He responded, looking Pepper over. "You look healthy enough though, so I'm not sure what I could do."

"Well, unless there's more leeches I don't know about. Need me to check?" He snickered.

The sly smile was a quick change of mood. There had been a lot of that during this visit - though it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He didn't feel healthy, regardless of how he looked. If he didn't try so hard to look healthy, he probably wouldn't. 

He raised a brow at the offer, maybe reading into it a bit too much. He felt the same flash of guilt he'd felt walking back to Leto the last time, but it didn't last, or wasn't as aggressive. 

"Couldn't hurt. Can't be too careful. Need me to lay down for ya?"
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He nodded in response to that, shifting to lean on his side as though it was an invitation.

Admittedly he enjoyed teasing Pepper - how could you not relish in bringing such a large wolf down with ease? Though of course it really wasn't that sinister in reality.

"Hurry up then - they only latch harder the longer you wait."
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
The large wolf stepped forward. He could still back out of this. If he left now, he wouldn’t have done anything wrong yet and his conscience could be spared. 

He didn’t leave, though, and was soon lying on his back, revealing everything to Phobos. It still wasn’t too late to back out. 

”Then quit waitin’.” he said, inviting the black and white wolf over.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He moved himself to Pepper's side, beginning the promised examination - thought this time he was more or less just grooming the other.

"You know you can sit up, right?" He asked with a snicker.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
”I been sittin’ up all day.” 

That wasn’t really why he was laying down, but he was pretty sure that was clear to the black and white wolf. 

His fur flinched where Phobos’ cold nose prodded him, but it quickly relaxed. His tail wagged behind him. 

”Why? You’d rather me sit?”
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"No, but I thought I should offer."

He gave a quick lick to the fur around the other's neck, moving on a moment later.

"You know, you seem fine this time. I think you might just like the attention."
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
”You sure? I got a lotta fur to sift through.” 

He chose not to answer the attention part, because it was very true, but he guessed Phobos already knew that.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Roll over then, hm?"

He responded, lifting his head back up. The way Pepper seemed to consistently his order's never failed to amuse him, so he had no issue pushing it.

With the sun beginning to fall the Fireflies whom the ravine promised had begun to make an appearance. The small, glowing bugs hovered in the area around the two with little care for the presence of the pair - the atmosphere they created was comforting, or at least it would be if the situation didn't appear so intimate.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He gave several slow wags of his tail, then did as he was asked. He let his back legs splay outward, his front paws up over his chest, pulled up against his body. 

He wasn’t sure what the black and white wolf wanted with him like this, but he had an idea. He could also still leave at any time, guilt free. Nothing had happened yet. 

From this position, he could see up. The sky was a dull blue, still affected by daylight, but quickly approaching night time. He could see the fireflies flickering in and out of existence, figuring Phobos probably knew why they did that. But he wouldn’t ask just yet.

”This better?”
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He nodded, laying himself next to Pepper with his legs tucked under himself.

"You'd hurt your back if I kept you like that." He hummed, licking at his muzzle - partially with the purpose of annoying him.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Pepper reciprocated the lick, though his had intentionally been slobbery, as he wanted to see Phobos’ reaction. 

”Don’t worry about that. I’ll be fine,” he reassured him. ”But I will tell ya, I ain’t usually the one layin’ under.”
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He responded by nuzzling into Pepper's neck, purposefully rubbing it back onto him.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

He smiled, holding back yet another laugh. "I don't think I could picture it."
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He knew the wolf knew what he meant, he was just being intentionally ignorant. But Pepper could play along, if the black and white wolf wanted to hear it so bad. 

He rolled over, taking a moment to stand up, ignoring the audible click in his shoulder. 

"Guess I'd best show ya," he said, then stepped over the wolf, leaning down to draw his tongue across the dip between his ears. 

"Stand," he said, his voice a low whisper.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
It was his turn to listen, he supposed. He stood up, looking to Pepper expectantly. This should be good.

He was certainly interested, but he didn't plan on letting him have his way too easily.
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
HOW FAR DO WE TAKE THIS BC IM NOT TRYNA CATCH A BAN

The wolf stood, though Pepper still had a fair amount of height over him. He wondered if he’d crush him doing this. 

”Atta boy,” he said, nudging the black and white wolf’s shoulder after. 

The voice inside of his head felt to be screaming for him to stop. He could still leave and this would’ve never happened. If he continued, he’d be betraying Jackson. If he left, he’d be betraying Jackson’s wish for him. He didn’t know which was worse. He did know, however, that he was quickly approaching a point at which he wouldn’t have clarity of mind to stop on his own volition. Hell, he might already be there. 

He moved to the tail of the wolf. 

”Move your tail,” he demanded, though there was no aggression behind his demand.
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
LMAO I think we just have to add M to the title and fade to black, I gotchu with the slowburn tho

He smiled, whacking Pepper across the muzzle with the fur of his tail before turning to face him. He had no issue making his amusement with the situation clear on his expression.

"I'm not that easy - calm down."
Sapphique
Slate
248 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
The large wolf peered over Phobos’ rump, eyes somewhat narrowed. Were they doing this or not? 

He’d never been one to draw out the experience. They were both wanting the same thing. No need to artificially pad it. 

And he wasn’t particularly enjoying being told to calm down. 

”What? change yer mind?”
Sapphique
Granite
147 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He raised an eyebrow at the question. "Was it expected? I know better than to let you have your way."

Phobos understood well how these things worked. While it may not have been Pepper's intention, he assumed that the male was attempting to take this situation as compensation for the meal. He didn't care much for fair trades.

"It wouldn't be nearly as much fun for me."