You're like a Menstrual Cyclist
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Especially for the new girls @Nemesis @Cyn @Ayana (good luck - I mean, have fun with Meldresi in heat!)

Heat. She never thought she would experience this again.

She had almost forgotten how uncomfortable and degrading it was. The Queen was restless, unable to sleep, pacing frantically, a low soft whine erupting from time to time. Now that she had a mate, she felt a desperate, aching, longing for Burke. Where the hell was he? This was a once in a lifetime chance to get her pregnant, and he was absent? Pathetic.

It was only in the hormonal storm that was estrous that Meldresi would dare insult or question her mate. The cycle tended to make women snappish and horny all at the same time...it was quite interesting.

She made her way to Redgrove, searching for any sign of her mate. In this flux of hormones, Meldresi thought back to the young girls that Burke had collected over the weeks she was gone. A little harem, if you will. The Night Queen growled at the thought, though the rational side of her reminded the rest of her brain that Burke was far too loyal to ever think of that...but would he? No, he wouldn't...
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn had heard footsteps which had woken her up from her nap. Who was here? She sluggishly got up onto her feet still feeling groggy. Her eyes fluttered open. She looked over at the wolf and noticed a female walking by. She her scent had Burke's mixed into it. Was this Meldresi? She had heard about his mate from time to time."Hello?" Sleepiness was mainly heard in her voice. What was Meldresi doing here? She shook herself trying to awaken herself.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis woke in a fit of sweat and fury. She never had dreams anymore. Only nightmares. Only ever nightmares. Growling, she pushed herself up from the warmth and to the chilly air around her. She had made a bed for herself in Red Grove. It was quiet, but not too quiet. This would only be temporary, she knew that when the arctic air's flowed and snow rained down from the sky that no grove would shelter her. Many of the suitable den's and caves had been ruined in the storm or hastily claimed by others. She sighed, I may just have to kill someone for it. 
Yawning, she stretched her legs and shook her head from the urge to crawl back up and sleep. The would be no more sleep for at leased a few days. Anything to avoid the nightmares. She was just about to set off when a rustle from the bushes set her into defensive mode. She had just about enough of wolves trying to sneak up on her, recalling how Cyn had tried. She tilted her head and sniffed the breeze. The scent was strong, not like anything she had smelt. It was definitely a female. In heat. All the more reason to stay away.. She thought to herself. But the scent was new. Could it be a trespasser? She growled, not now. But maybe it wasn't. She knew that some of Blackfeather was not on the territory when she arrived and she could have missed the female. Just to be sure, she went to check. 

Creeping silently, she spotted a dark female, who looked considerably anxious and annoyed. Ahh, this must be Burke's mate, she thought. She has picked up that his mate had taken a vacation just before she joined. But she doesn't know me. And with a mood like that, who knows who she'll react. Oh well! She approached the female, steadily and with caution. "Are you okay?" She asked, that was all she could offer. She knew that females in heat could be unpredictable and she didn't want to cause trouble with her Alpha's mate.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi paced through the red leaves and flowers of the grove, breathing in the faded scents of Burke and several females here. It infuriated the Night Queen even more than before, sensing these scents intertwined in this spot, and this spot alone. She growled at the thought of Burke spending time with them, training or not. He should have come to save her, shouldn't he? No. He had a pack to lead. He had to stay here...

The Queen's ears perked at the sound of two female voices in tandem, both questioning. Meldresi turned to face both of them, one with the dark cloak familiar to Blackfeather wolves, the other golden brown, like Grimnir. How funny. "I'm as fine as I will be in this state." She murmured to the second, sitting down, her eyes half lidded. "I am Meldresi Melonii, Burke's mate." She introduced herself and subtly inviting them to do the same. She had a lot to catch up on, though in her estrogen-addled state, it really wasn't the best time.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn woke up completly when she heard the word Burke and mate. She was right. She did a little bow."Pleasure to meet you Meldresi." She could see heat was going through the wolf's body. That wasn't good. She could remember the times she was in heat. Even though it happened a few times Cyn felt like she was dying for a mate when it came. She didn't know what to do with her. Usually Cyn would try and sleep through it. That wouldn't be the case for Meldresi. She would need to get her to Burke or take care of her until the alpha could get there. Why did she have to deal with this?
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis wondered what she could possibly do to help. She let out a sigh of relief when she noticed Cyn. Giving her a quick nod of acknowledgement, she turned her attention back to Meldresi. 
"My name is Nemesis, a pleasure to meet you. Though I wish it was under better circumstances. Is there anything I can do to help you? " She asked, being careful with her words. She knew she couldn't just leave her alone like this, At least not until Burke arrived. If he did. 

Nemesis realized that Meldresi was the pack healer and could take care of herself, but it would be rude to, in ways, just leave.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The golden girl did not give her name, but Meldresi glossed it over. She could learn more once her mind went back to its normal state. The young women greeted her politely, wary of her in her hormonal state. They were right to be respectful and submissive, regardless of her state; she was still their queen.

"There's nothing you can do." Her tone was morbid, as if she was diagnosing a fatal disease. She paced again, her mind racing with thoughts of Burke. Her ears pressed back against her head as she laid down, twitchy. "I'm told you two were interested in becoming Dark Sisters." She tried to make the topic more professional, though it was hard when all she could think of was Burke. "Has anyone ever told you about the God and Goddess of the Dark Brotherhood?"
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
" Yes madam, the name is Cyn." She didn't want to seem rude to her. She was clearly many ranks above her and could get her kicked out in a split second. All she had to do was tell her mate, Burke. She must be yerning for him right this moment. This only made her want a mate. One that was like her and would calm her in moments that she needed him. She just had to look. She cleared her thoughts and put helping Meldresi at the top of her to do list that was obviously in her head that would over flow with thoughts each second it got. Cyn looked back to the Dark Queen had her mood change from tired to obedient.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis instnatly nooded.No matter how bad she was, her mother was deeply religious and had taught her all that there was to know about mythology, specifially Greek. Nemesis knew that the Goddess Blackfeather was founded on was the Night Mother, Mephala. But of the God, she did not know. He had to be something sinister, something fit for this pack. Or maybe, more of diety than a god, like Thanathos.
As Meldresi dismissed her need for any help, Nemesis backed away from that topic. She wasn't one to instist on anything. Instead, she wanted to know about the God. Religiouness of the sort had rubbed of on Nemesis, much to her avail. But to this, she was curious. 
"I have heard of the Night Mother, Mephala. She is the diety of sex, lies, secrets and murder. But of the God, I do not know"
Nemesis was eagar to learn more about the pack. Meldresi was right, except she was more than interested. She would do anything to earn her place. Any info she could obtain from the Dark Empress would be deeply valued.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
In an attempt to bar her mind from the raging hormones of heat, Meldresi delved into the thing the loved secondly to her family: Mephala and Sithis, the Dread God and Spider Goddess of their cult of the Daedric Princes. The black-clad female, the one named after a Goddess of a different religion, expressed her interest in her gods. Good. She could use a few more who followed their beliefs rather than their rules. She wondered if the tan-cloaked female, Cyn, was the same.

"Sithis is Mephala's Consort. Keeper of the Void, where we all go when we die." The mention of the word Consort instantly brought Burke to mind, though he was her consort no longer, but a King in his own rights. She shook the thought of him away, pacing to keep herself calm. "It is to him we send souls to when we kill."
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn nodded. The Dark Queen was most definitely right. Everytime she killed anything she would thank the gods she believed in for the animal and sent the soul to him. She smiled since she had known every inch of the religion, or at least she thought so. There probably was some things that she could learn. She hadn't thought about religion before she joined the pack, but when she was surrounded by everyone she realised that she believed.

Her mind wandered and she wondered why Meldresi was out all alone away from pretty much anyone. Her curiosity was hard to control, but she didn't want to upset the Queen or anything, she knew that she could take care of herself. She scratched her head using her back right leg and tried to stop thinking. That was a hard thing for anyone that tried it.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis felt her brows furrow. She had never taken thought of sending another's spirit to anyone, as a matter of fact. This religion was all new to her, she had never practiced Greek herself but instantly felt bad. Now that she took her place in Blackfeather, she knew she was to follow through with not but the rules but the beliefs. If she had done the wrong thing, not giving the souls she silenced to Sithis, she would correct herself. From now on, she would part her ways properly with the innocent dead. But when she would eventually silence that dimwitted wolf she used to call her Alpha, she would not release his soul to anyone or anything. He would suffer, his soul roaming the dark lands to find no peace. 

"Will they find peace, in the Void? Some dead don't deserve to go on to whatever safe haven they can find" She said, not in a rude tone. She was curious, simply.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi shifted on her paws, her mind wandering again. She sighed, trying to focus again, her hormones making her growl low in her throat, possessive and jealous of the two girls that had spent so much time with her Dark King. She pawed her face, wiping her eyes, and trying to clear her vision.

"I cannot say. Sithis deals his judgement when you arrive. Regardless of what you've done, you will go to him, and speak to him." Their religion never promised anything in terms of an afterlife. They focused on the present, their lives on the mortal plane. Where they went was not for them to choose. In any other religion, they would have gone to hell, or somewhere similar. Daedric worshippers never had to worry about such things. That was the attraction behind it.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Wrapping Cyn's part up.
Cyn nodded and yawned. She was once again tired."I would love to talk more, but it seems I am too tired to continue. Maybe we could continue this some other time?" She bowed to the two as if she was saying goodnight and started to walk back to her bed. She spun around and found a comfortable spot and got comfy in it. She had stayed up the night before and was alseep in the next minute. She wasn't being impolite, she was just exhausted.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Last post for me too!

Nemesis casually listened to the priestess, noticing the simple agitations bugging the Queen. She hardly took notice as Cyn left but quickly decided to bid her goodbyes as well. She would not trouble Meldresi with such minor questions when her mind was not fully in the conversation, somewhere else enticed by her heat. Though, Nemesis understood, and rose to stand. "I must be going too, the day's troubles have distracted me from hunger" She explained, suddenly noticing the dull ache from her stomach. 
"Perhaps we can meet again, there is much of Blackfeather's religion and traditions I am still eager to learn" She smiled after giving a quick nod and disappearing back into the forest. But she was true to what she said, she would be no stranger to their ways if she was to be one of them. Meldresi seemed wise in all her ways, a fine teacher, Nemesis acknowledged. The patience to deal with, she could never do. She never had time to deal with others and their questions and problems, unlike the Dark Queen had even in her uncomfortable state.