Blackfeather Woods The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
For sure @Burke I don't know about anyone else.
Cyn looked down at her wrap that smelt like herbs and blood. The cut had been a bad one, but she didn't know what would have happened if she hadn't gotten some herbs on it just to keep it from getting an infection. Even the toughest of wolves could die from something as simple as a cut. She had set out to find Burke soon after having the cut looked at. She sighed as she contined forward with the vine and leaf wrap in her back right leg. A depressed feeling clawed at her. She shook it off, but couldn't seem to get the tired look on her face off.

What, are you going to kill yourself because of me? She could sense the voice smirking at her. Was that its plan all along? She would take her life because of a dumb little voice? Cyn would not let that happen if it cost her everything. She was determined to get rid of the voice even if she had to scratch her brain out. Speaking of scratches, the wolf sat down and scratched an itch on her neck before continuing on.

She did not want to howl since she didn't want Burke to think she was in danger or anything like that. She also did not want to seem needy. Her ears flicked around searching for noises. After relieving herself she continued her search.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was for once not working like crazy which he usually did. He already patrolled the borders and checked the surrounding lands if there was anything suspicious happening. Of course he had his outriders for that but it was still nice to do it himself. Currently he was at Melonii's entrance, happily nibbling on some raccoon he already wolfed down. The male was sort of protecting this entrance from other wolves going in. The pups would be there in about 3 weeks or so but he still liked to sit by the entrance and protect Meldresi who was further into the tunnels resting. 

The alpha male was cleaning the bones and lazily chewing on them. He really liked the bone marrow that was inside of the harder outer shell of bone. His strong jaws bit down on it and the smaller bones cracked under pressure. His ears perked up when he heard something. Probably someone approaching. He sat up, chin raised and his pale eyes scanning for who was approaching.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Wonderful, he was just relaxing, Cyn would probably interrupt him. She felt bad, but continued to walk forward. She appeared from the shade and almost looked like she was a shadow exiting the safety of its fellow shadow wolves. Her voice screamed at her and gave her a pounding headache. She mentally sighed and continued forward.

"Hey Burke." She had heard of the new pups coming since word spreads in Blackfeather Woods. It was wonderful to hear that there would be new little bundles of joy to entertain. She could finally become a caretaker like she had wanted to before she joined. Her mind rewound and she realized how different she was now. Her goal was still to be a caretaker, but the need for it had gone down. A smile worked its way to her face as the memories flooded back to her.

Joining, meeting the pack, climbing up the ranks, etc. All of it were good memories to remember. She still was stuck on how different she was and hadn't even realized. It was like she was reflecting on how she had been before. Cyn was unsure if she liked how she was now or not. She would probably stress over it for days.

She shook her head and her fur floped around in the air. The only thing that was the same about her now and back then was that she still did not have a mate. A lonely feeling crushed her on the inside.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's pale eyes fell on Cyn who approached him. He had no trouble with pack members approaching him. As long as they didn't want to enter the web Burke was more than happy. He wanted to give Meldresi some rest. "Hey Cyn," he greeted in return and studied her for a moment. He almost mastered his counselor trade and he could just see that something was bothering the female. He cleared his throat. "Is there something wrong? You can tell me," he offered, sounding rather civil instead of his usually calm and emotionless tone. Burke wanted to be there for his pack members, he was actually pretty caring when it came down to it.

He started to wonder what was bothering Cyn and why she would be like this. It was true that she had dropped a few ranks but that was because he hadn't seen her around the pack grounds. Maybe something happened to her? He wasn't sure which is why he asked her what was going on with her. The young female might have a problem he could easily fix.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Had he not seen the cast? She turned to the side and looked at it. Should she tell him about the lonely feeling that stuck in her chest? She decided that maybe he could help her."I have a lonely feeling crushing me from the inside. I can't tell why I have it." She decided she could tell him about the voice she had in her head some other day. He already had enough on his plate.

A feeling of relief rushed through her when she told him, but the lonely feeling never left. A sad smile found her face and she looked at him with a craving to know. Her tail had stayed still as it had for a long time now.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
sorry i must have missed the part about her cast?

Burke looked over the female and tipped his head a bit. He slowly nodded when he told him her problem. "Maybe it is because you haven't been very social lately?," he asked, it was not that he was trying to be mean or talk her down. It was a fact that she hadn't been around. "I don't want you to feel that way Cyn. I am sure you can find some wolves to hang out with." Burke's mind then thought about the fact that she was a different type of lonely. He tipped his head a bit. 

"Ah or do you mean mate-wise? It could be that your biological clock is ticking and you want to settle down with someone. Is that the case perhaps? Because I can't really help with that," he tried to joke a bit. Secretly Burke did care for his members even though he was a grumpy mess.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
It's okay!
Cyn wondered about it. Was it really her body telling her she needed someone? She seemed embarrassed to even think that, but in the back of her mind she knew one day she knew it would happen. Maybe today was that day. She decided to brush it off."Anyways enough about me, what has happened to you that you want to share, if you feel like it?" She knew the new puppies coming were probably the first thing, but she figured Burke would like to tell her instead of her knowing from others.

Her eyes seemed to brighten up from being able to talk to someone and being able to ask how they had been. She had been very antisocial and hearing a voice that she did not have to spy on to hear was very comforting.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was a bit surprised when she turned the topic around to him. He wasn't really eager to share anything not after what happened with Ayana. He also didn't have anything in particular to share. Still since he wanted to give a feeling that she belonged in this pack and trusted her he would need to tell her something. "I'm okay. But I am not sure if you heard but Ayana betrayed us," he pointed out. He wanted to know what she thought about it maybe he could get some reassurance from it. 

The big male had been rather affected by the betrayal it made him only more paranoid especially now the pups were coming closer to their arrival date. Burke was on edge and patrolling more than might be necessary.

Edit; @Cyn don't forget this thread! :3
6 Posts
Ooc —
Hugin was observing the wolves from afar. While his deal was with the black male, he had watched the big short tailed one since he arrived. The raven had been here long before the Alpha even became Alpha. These woods were his home, and yet he still caught sight of things he did not expect. See wolves dwell in self pity was something he'd never understand. From the height of where he was standing, he looked to the side to see a figure move. He opened his wide wings and flew above Burke, towards the border and croaked to signify there was something worth the alpha's attention
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn looked at the bird that caught her attention after she heard the news of Ayana. Tear her throat apart. The voice growled and for once she agreed with it. This had made her beyond angry. Even more than furious. She was pissed. Her eyes seemed to have flames in them and when she looked at the bird it was almost a deadly look. She almost growled and her tail had puffed up. This bird better have something important to do here before she let her rage out on the world around her.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Wrapping this thread up because it is old! Have a new one soon?

Burke looked at the bird and recognized him. This one always knew when to signal him for something important. "Excuse me, Cyn. My attention is needed somewhere else. We will talk soon," he spoke to the female. It wasn't like she replied to him on what he problem was. Was she just depressed because she wanted a mate? Now she seemed more angry actually. Burke could never understand emotional females. He was glad Meldresi wasn't one of them. 

Burke let out a somewhat of a bark to the bird that he was responding. The large docked tailed male rushed off, following the bird as to where his attention was needed.