Blackfeather Woods This should have happened ages ago
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 
Going to fly this solo until Burke calls for someone.

Sebastian had parted with the Caldera once again, but only because he wanted to do something that had been needed to be done for a long time. He had been a coward, hiding behind Caldera borders, but today... Today would be the day that he was going to confront his dad and finish that chapter of his life. The young male made his way towards the borders he had avoided at all cost. He was not sure how this was going to end but if he wanted to live at the Caldera in piece then he would have to confront his father. 

Sebastian trotted forward closer and closer to the dark forest. How could anyone live here was the first thing he wondered. Sebastian hoped that he would at least come out here alive. He inhaled sharply and then howled loudly, his voice echoing on through the forest requesting the presence of Burke and Burke only. He was not sure if anyone would show up, he would just have to way. But the male did feel his heart going crazy in his chest. He had only heard about his father. He had not seen him ever since the day he left.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke heard the howl loud and clear. The male raised his head as it sounded so familiar? The heavy set male listened to those tones that sounded like his own in a way. For a moment the horrible feeling settled over him his brother was here. Darius was not someone he wanted to see ever again. Burke instantly trotted forward, wanting to see who was calling him out so personally. The tank moved at quite a speed, knowing he would have his whole pack as a back up if things needed to be done. For now he would face this wolf alone. Maybe it was just someone who wanted to join. 

Burke inched forward from the shadows, his face fell into a scowl when he saw the grey male before him. Not Darius then. That is when he saw.. himself? Burke bared his teeth. "You!," he called out. This could only be the Sebastian other's confused him with. The annoying son that kept aggravating him. He stepped before him, his size exactly the same height of his own. It was strange and rather unnerving to see this sight before him. Burke's normally calm face was clearly showing anger now. "So finally you decided to show your face to me," he hissed and that at his border. The boy got some nerve to show his face. Maybe not such a coward after all.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian inhaled sharply when a dark shadow came from the forest. This was it, this was the moment. The younger male let his pale eyes fall on his father. Now he was full grown there was no denying really that they looked alike. Sebastian's tail as neutral, yet he tried to come over as confident. Though then the older man, which Burke was really becoming, bared his teeth. Ah, there it was. Sebastian took a step back mostly for his own safety not because he was scared. Well, he might be a bit scared. Burke looked rather angry. 

Sebastian sucked in a breath of air before responding. "I did. It has been long overdue," he pointed out, which was mostly a fault on his side. His father looked older, not the young man he was when he left. He had the feeling that he was going to do the talking first, but where to start?! "I want to settle this for once and for all," Sebastian spoke to the male now he wasn't attacking him yet. He wanted something that would trigger the male in talking. He needed to know why his father would leave, or why his father would ignore him ever since birth but he would take in those two arrogant black colored male and white colored female he met, which weren't even his own!
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a huff when the male came over so nonchalantly. It wasn't his fault that this confrontation was happening now. Burke was still rather defensive of the young male showing up randomly. He wasn't sure what triggered him to come to see him now. Yet, having him here would only make it easier to kill him in the end. "It is not my fault that this has been long over due. You have been harassing the ones I am close to," he stated with clear annoyance in his voice. He knew the boy had been hiding at the Caldera pack.

Burke let out a snort at his next comment. Settle? There was nothing to settle. This pup would just go back to the hellhole he came from and stop bothering him with it. Frankly the reason Burke reacted so vividly towards his look-a-like was more because of the fact that he was reminded of his past and how much he disliked his time there. He didn't give any attention to all of the young because he was too busy trying to make the pack function and now he still had to deal with a pouty child he wanted to avoid at all cost. Burke stepped forward with bared teeth warning this Sebastian that he was close to being attacked.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly felt the jab of his words, which he probably intended. Sebastian was conflicted with what he was feeling. He wanted his father to be around, but he seemed to be the biggest asshole in the universe. Why would he still want his attention. Sebastian thought that he was over the want for his approval, he still wanted answers. "Why am I not the one you are close to? Why do you hate me so much?! What did I ever do to you except want your love?!,' he blurted out in a spat or rage. His own teeth baring as his father did. Sebastian never was one to fight and he knew his father did. If this came to an actual fight then Sebastian would have to run if he wanted to say alive he guessed. The young male doubting himself quite badly.

Burke had giving him a warning growl and after his out burst Sebastian braced himself to dodge and run. Yet on the other hand he did not want to run. He wanted his answers. It was quite the risk he was taking, answers or having no answers and still loosing his life because he was reckless enough to stick around for too long. Sebastian was stubborn like his father, and not so considerate towards his own life. Time proved it over and over again that he always had a stupid reason to do something out of the norm.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
The father let out another growl when Sebastian commented back at him. Burke inhaled sharply, trying to calm himself. The therapist wasn't entirely sure why this boy pissed him off so much, maybe he was the living proof that he fucked up in his life once. That he wasn't perfect. Burke was mostly annoyed by him, sometimes his annoyance went that far that he intended to kill Sebastian, but it stayed mostly with intent. "I don't hate you. I never did," he returned. "Well, now I do because you are annoying as hell, telling the ones I am close to that you will kill me is not really a good technique for making me like you," he pointed out to the younger wolf.

He did not want to be close to the boy at the time simply because he didn't have time for all the young he fathered, it seemed best to him to ignore them all. But of course one had to be offended by that. Burke had bettered his life now, he was a way better father now than he had been before. "I was not close to you because I decided not to. Thorn Ledge was dysfunctional as hell. All of you were an accident and I was too busy making the pack work on my own to make sure you are living right now, you bastard," he huffed, still agitated. How dare this boy question him while he had tried to at least keep him alive, to a certain point, until Burke couldn't go on himself.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was quite surprised to hear that his father had never hated him before he stated to 'bother' him. But didn't he had the right to get to know his father? Could it be that he had been wrong the whole time? His father tried to keep him alive? But he didn't want any contact with him? Sebastian was getting more confused by this man. The young male had to admit that talking about killing his father to his loved ones wasn't so smart indeed. But Burke wanted to kill him to, he had said so right? 

It was a low blow to hear that he was an accident, that Burke never wanted him to exist. Anger was still running through his body especially after that comment. Sebastian's ears flattened and he growled back. In his rage he stepped forward baring his teeth. He was not a bastard in his own eyes, but he was technically because his mother and father never mated. "So you never loved my mother then! She loved you, I know that? You left! She died because of you!," Sebastian snarled at him. "Why would you want to keep me alive if I was an accident? Why do you not want any contact with me after keeping me alive?," Sebastian fired his questions.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's mind had to think from which female Sebastian was coming from, but he remembered soon enough when Sebastian mentioned that she had loved him. Dalia. She had always been devoted to him alone. Her loyalty had been admirable but she was a foolish girl really. He had been a fool too, to not think of the outcome that would later unfolded. "Of course I did not love her," Burke returned, probably only firing up the fuel even more. "So she died huh? She did not die because of me. She was perfectly alive when I left. She was a fool really." Clearly Sebastian and the same dream like beliefs she had.

Burke ground his teeth together at all his questions. "I wanted to keep you alive because it was the right thing to do. I am not like Darius. He was the one that only liked power, he was the one that did nothing. I had to do everything to keep the pack running with five females and their pups needing food and protection. In the meanwhile Darius still though he deserved the alpha title and fought me over it. There was no free time for me. I had no energy to spend to all those pups, including you. I hated my life so once most of the pups were old enough I left. I chose for me and that might be selfish in your eyes. But I praise the day I left that poisonous place!," he growled. "You portray me as the villain in your life but I am not. You're delusional." Yes, he made a mistake but he did try to make up for it. There had been no working with Darius. He was the one that had gone rogue, the one that dragged Burke along with him in his mistakes.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was quite dumbfounded when Burke started to spill it all out. It came as no surprise that his father didn't love his mother, he hadn't seen her around or give her any affection too. But apparently he did love that dark witch of a female of his. What Burke did reveal was that he had a heart and that was something that didn't fit with the vision of his father. Burke had been right that he had been painting him as the villain, after all he had been thinking that he couldn't end up as heartless at his father. Yet, calling his mother a fool was not very kind. "She wasn't a fool! You shouldn't have left! Then Darius wouldn't have gotten her pregnant, and then she wouldn't have died at the birth," the young man called out. He still liked to blame Burke because it was so much easier. Sebastian had a bitter expression on his face.

"I'm not delusional! You should have been there for us as a father! You should have tried to be our father, not only by keeping us alive, but-- But also---," Sebastian started to fall over his words. What could Burke have done more than to at least try to keep them alive and protected. Sebastian frowned with an upset expression. This wasn't at all going how he played it in his mind. This wasn't the settlement he had pictured. The bitterness raged through him. How unfair. Burke shouldn't have a reasoning for what he did. A sigh came from his lips. Burke had been quite harsh but also honest, and that was not something the young male had expected.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke lowered his lip over his teeth, gathering his inner calmness again after he noticed that the young wolf was starting to lose his arguments. The male had let his own rage out, calming down enough to watch the boy with his therapist eye. He looked pretty broken but not in a way it couldn't be fixed. Yet, Burke wasn't sure if he wanted to help him. This wolf was like .. two years old? Maybe three? And here he was acting like a child in need of guidance. Maybe the wolf before him did need his guidance to get through life. He hadn't realized he was that important to the boy. Then again, Burke thought about his own father and how fond he was of him. He let out a sigh at the same time as Sebastian did.

"I would have done what exactly, Sebastian?," he returned to him, expression slightly annoyed. Burke did get the feeling that Sebastian was quite done with blaming him at least. "Darius did nothing all day. I thought while I was out hunting or patrolling the borders he could play father to all you guys," he stated. Not that Burke had checked on the fact if Darius was a father to them. For Burke it had been just easier to avoid the mess had created and make it right by at least giving them life. If he was truly heartless as wolves often thought he was, he would have killed them all. He would have ripped them from their mother and killed them on the spot. Yet, often Burke let wolves think that. They would stay away, clearly Sebastian thought differently about that.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian flattened his ears, yet his gesture wasn't in aggression but more because he was scowling like a child. Often Sebastian still had childish mannerisms because he never really had been a child that could play without worries. He often watched Burke and Darius fight, or one of his half siblings would have been playing to close to the ridge and fallen off it to their death. There was never time for play, especially not with Darius around. That was why Sebastian snorted loudly when Burke spoke about Darius being a father for them. That would not have happened. Darius wasn't a father figure and Sebastian never saw his uncle as a father in the first place. He had only wanted Burke's attention. Maybe that was why it had hurt so much when his father wanted nothing to do with him. 

Sebastian ignored his father's first question, it seemed rhetorical anyways, to only stomp him more into the ground. "Darius would never been my father in my eyes. I could not kill my own father in my worst bloodlust, even if I wanted to, but I could kill the one that I called my uncle," Sebastian stated. How often he had wished that the would kill Burke for what he had done to him, but Sebastian couldn't. He never really had the heart for murder after the guilt he went through of killing his uncle. His pale eyes now looking in to the name Burke was sporting. Sebastian's eyes looked so dark and cold for once. He disliked remembering that day, but it was part of his past. It was something Burke did not know about.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke frowned at the words Sebastian was saying. The alpha male's face went from a frown to his eyes widening a bit. For the first time Burke's pale eyes were casted away from the other as his mind started to rattle. He soon recovered with a quick snort. This could not be. This pup had killed Darius? That was absurd, yet he could hear in the tone of Sebastian's voice had not been lying. "You killed Darius?," Burke stated. "You cannot have killed him. My brother is dead?" Burke had mixed feelings about this. Of course it came as a shock to him that his brother was killed but there was also a sense of relief. The one that had tormented him was finally gone from life. After the relief and glee a sense of bitterness grew. He should have killed his brother, not this... pup.. son of his... No.

Burke had ran from his brother's torment, the one he couldn't win from. For some wolves it might be horrific that there was someone worse than Burke, but technically the male was never evil. Burke's face fell into a deeper scowl as he looked at the young male before him. That scowl was the only thing visible compared to the inner turmoil of emotions he was feeling. Burke inhaled sharply, really needing to adjust that Darius was dead. Sebastian's words started to flood in. He had been right! Thorn Ledge stopped functioning after he left! Sure, there had been some collateral damage but he had been right all along. That was the one thing Burke instantly was pleased about. The scowl he was showing to Sebastian was slowly vanishing. Burke's chin rising with his own pride he was creating from being right. It calmed Burke, gave him a certain peace he did not know he had been looking for. He was the better brother of them two and Burke did right by leaving. Maybe Sebastian being an accident out of a dominant battle he had with his brother Darius hadn't been an accident after all. Burke looked over his son with a new perspective. "Thank you."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pleased to see that he shocked his father. Yes, that had been quite the news huh! Sebastian was never proud of his actions that day. He saw it as something that needed to be done. That male was not in the right mind to lead a pack or a life. It was mostly Sebastian's brutal rage that killed his uncle. Yet in this moment seeing Burke scowl at the information he was given Sebastian felt almost proud for doing something his so called father couldn't do. The male kept scowling so Sebastian decided to boast himself by providing more details. "Yes, I did. After my mother died I was so angry. My hate for him made me snap into a pure rage. I attacked him and he fell off the thorn covered ledge," Sebastian stated. "He didn't deserve to-------"

Sebastian fell quiet at Burke's words that seemed to come so suddenly to him. Now it was the younger male's turn to act surprised. Sebastian fell back on his butt and looking so confused. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again. Did he just say 'thank you'? To him? Sebastian had pictured being close to slaughtered but he didn't have a scratch and he made his father say thank you? The whole conversation was becoming a blur now. "Did you just say thank you?," he was close to stammering. His eyes a bit widened as they looked in disbelief at the docked tailed male before him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke grinned internally at the shocked look of Sebastian's face. He was not sure how this male could even be his son with his childlike attitude and answers at times, but then again he wasn't really around to be there for him. "I did," he returned to the younger male. "I tell wolves when I don't like things and I also tell them when I do," he cited. That he had done from the beginning. He couldn't stand when wolves didn't do anything and were being lazy. But when they were doing a good job he wanted to reward them. He was even tempted to possibly make Nemesis a Beta, yet it was tough because Kove was also a dark brother and a longer one at that. Damien was still too full of himself but he also showed promise to be a beta. His mind returned to the case that was standing before him.

"So you are still at that Caldera bunch?," he questioned. The male didn't smell like them, only vaguely. Burke wondered what the young male had been up to now. He was not sure why Sebastian had chosen the Caldera before, yet, Burke could approve of the way they had protected him as their own. It must mean that Sebastian had done something right to get such protection. Because now they had talked about most of their issues, at least Burke thought so, unless Sebastian was still not done ranting.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian inhaled softly when Burke spoke about himself in a way he could not see that it was the truth. Maybe he just didn't know his father enough to judge him about that. He had no clue what kind of alpha he was. It sounded like he wasn't like his uncle, though that was why he had been looking up to his father before he had been growing bitter about him leaving. Sebastian shook his head as his question. "I was for a long time, but then I left before winter," he explained. "I was planning on joining them again after this. I didn't want to live there knowing that that tension would be there again. I told them I would try and fix... this," he admitted. Sebastian looked at Burke for a moment. "Is it fixed now?"

Sebastian felt like they were doing at least a bit better. Burke had stopped growling at him and could keep up a normal conversation. Yet, Sebastian wasn't sure what the male was thinking behind that mask of his. For all he knew Burke had been plotting something else and was he just standing in a trap. Sebastian hoped not, it didn't feel like it was a trap like it had been before. He wanted his life to go on, even after Haven and how she abandoned him. Maybe there would be a nice female for him at the Caldera now. Who knows.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at the young male with a skeptical gaze. Why would he be stupid enough to leave before winter? That  was quite a bold move, and he wondered what his reasoning was. The large male looked at his son with a curious gaze. "If things are fixed? It is up to you to feel if they are fixed. You had a problem with me." Technically Burke also had a problem with Sebastian but that did seem to be better now. His annoyance was to a certain point and the male had done something right by killing his brother. As a therapist Burke felt that Sebastian's problem was not that quickly solved by them talking. It would probably take a longer time before the young male would get over the fact that he grew up with a father. At least that was Burke's opinion about the matter.

The large male took from Sebastian's statement that he hadn't officially joined Caldera. That meant that he was a lone wolf and winter was coming down. "How about you come live here? You will have to work hard like everyone else, and I will whoop your ass if you don't behave accordingly.... but then you will have at least some time to hang out with your... father and your half siblings" It was weird to refer to himself as that before Sebastian, the wolf he had been so agitated with. But he was also thinking of Pietro and Kendra, what if they would run into Sebastian. Burke had more time on his hands now. Sebastian might make a good member of the Dark Brotherhood. But he would have the same rule as every newbie, the two week trail period.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian thought about what they talked about, and he did have some peace of mind now he knew the truth behind all the things that were said. He was surprisingly not that mad at his father anymore. He did have morals. Sebastian had envisioned him just as bad as Darius after he left but Burke was not. Clearly so. "It feels better at least," he spoke to the male. Though he would like to see his father more, have to get to know him better. Apparently he wasn't the only one in this because Burke seemed to offer him a spot in his pack. "You had... more kids?," he asked with a frown. "Me? In your pack? These dark woods?," he asked. He couldn't see himself live there, he had always said so, but what if it wasn't that bad? But then he remembered his promise to Aduin.

"I can't. I think I would... want to... but I made a promise to a friend, someone that needs me that I would return after I dealt with all of this," he admitted. The male wouldn't want to upset Aduin even more. Haven and Maja had already left him, he couldn't leave Aduin too. He would be devastated. No, he would have to think of something. Little did Sebastian know that there wasn't even a spot left at RHC, but he would first check with Aduin. Sebastian still had his morals, a sense of loyalty towards others he became good friends with. He had not only promised Aduin but also Elwood.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke instantly let out a growl towards Sebastian in warning. "Watch your tongue. Yes, I had. These were planned and wanted unlike you," he instantly huffed. The tank of a male had expected for the younger wolf to be more grateful for such an opportunity. He was about to join the Dark Brotherhood of all places. Loners didn't get in that quickly at all, they would have to convince Burke that they were allowed in or not. The large male let out a softer snort. The alpha raised his head a bit. "But who says we are finished? You can't admit that it has been fixed, so lets fix it then," he pointed out to Sebastian. "Do you want to get to know me or not?," he asked sharply to the male. 

Burke was only going to offer this once, and if the male wasn't going to take it then it would be bad luck for him. Burke was often in these woods, only leaving it when he wanted to do a wider patrol around the territory, search through their neighboring lands if there was anything interesting. He was not going to leave as an alpha to hang out with Sebastian. Burke had better things to do. His so called son could come and see his perspective for himself now this opportunity was there.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a huff when Burke had to give a verbal slap in his face. He probably deserved that one. It was only a hint of what his future would be if he would live under Burke's command. He probably wouldn't get any privileges being his son, in fact it would probably work against him. But he did want to get to know his father. The male already proved to be a bit of a bad influence seeing that Sebastian's moral side was protesting lightly. The man that he called his father did make a point. He had told Aduin that he would need to fix things first. Once he was accepted in the pack he could always travel to the Caldera right?

Sebastian looked at Burke and slowly started nodding. "Okay," he spoke then. A craving for knowing his father better was instantly coming up. "Okay, I will join." Sebastian was very curious how he would like living on these lands. He hoped he was able to deal with the pack mates too, he probably didn't have a good reputation at all. If it didn't work out he could always leave... right? Go back to RHC and grow old and rotten on the Caldera grounds.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded shortly when he agreed. "After two weeks you are allowed to do a rank challenge, if you are allowed to stay that is," he pointed out to the younger male. Burke lowered his guard and then stepped aside. "Follow me," he instructed and started walking. It was a strange feeling to let Sebastian enter the woods, but it might be for the better. He wasn't so sure how Damien was going to like this. Burke wasn't too worried about Kendra and Pietro, they were small. But Damien... hmm. Burke showed him the places where not to go and which ones were dangerous. Giving a tour through the territory which was normally done by other members or not at all. Sometimes he let new members find out themselves. But seeing that this was Sebastian and he had time to bond more with him then so be it. 

Burke hoped he made a good choice letting the young male into his lands. The lack of trust was still there. Maybe he was currently being tricked by his own son. Burke wouldn't be surprised but it was a risk he needed to take. Burke looked over Sebastian, at least he looked healthy enough to help with hunts and other tasks that needed to be done. 

- END -