Blackfeather Woods The good, the bad and the dirty
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All Welcome 
All welcome... but @Nemesis wanted a thread since forever so she has dibs.

Sebastian had bonded with his father, or at least he liked to think so. They had talked and he didn't blame his father for what he did anymore. He could understand it in a way. He had accepted being in his pack to get to know him better but Sebastian wasn't sure if the pack was going to accept him. Burke kind of threw him int the deep end. He left to do something, maybe he was watching him from the shadows to see how he reacted to the new members. He wouldn't know. Sebastian decided to at least move through the dark woods, explore more of the woods. He would have to get to know these lands. His eyes were already adjusting to the darkness. 

There were quite a few places that were dangerous for him to go. Sebastian wondered why anyone would settle here. That meadow with that tree and those swamps they called the 'mire'-something. Even the pack mates were dangerous so Sebastian didn't feel entirely safe as of now. He made sure to make his fur smell like these lands, it would probably keep him from being attacked. Was he even allowed to fight back now he was the lowest rank? He didn't want them to think he was a complete wuss either.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Omg thanks for remembering <3 This'll be interesting..

As the winter progressed, more and more found themselves at their borders. As a result, more and more were turned away, to her approval. Some just didn't have what it took to survive in their shadows. And the next new face greatly surprised her.

"Ah, Burke! I-," She stopped herself short. This most definitely was not Burke. Had she looked out for the scent difference rather than the appearance she would not have made the mistake. Infact, the only difference between the father and son was the tail. It was quite uncanny. Huffing slightly, purely out of the annoyance that this wasn't her Alpha. His scent was still knew and just the fact that he was Burke's infamous bastard son gave her reason to do attack. She had not judged Sebastian when she had heard about him, but it had been quite clear that his presence was most unwanted in Burke's life. It led her to speculate why he was even here or who let him in. This knowledge was all backed up by what little she had been told, though she had never specifically asked about Burke's previous life, nor did she have any interest in putting her nose where it didn't belong. 

"Well, who let you in?" Her eyes narrowed at the thought. Didn't Burke hate him or something? Or was it the other way around.. Either way, she did could not believe by what she had picked up that he had simply been allowed to join their dark pack. The sight of his practically radiated euphoria and she doubted that he had even one bone of bad in his body. "It is Sebastian right? I'm Nemesis," She introduced. While she didn't think that Sebastian's opinion of her mattered to Burke, she remembered what the Alpha had said about social skills and no matter how much she could try to find an excuse, this was no exception. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Of course! I have a good memory, sometimes, haha!

Sebastian watched a dark female approach, instantly he stopped and lowered his tail a bit. He was not sure how to react. For a moment he thought it was Burke's mate, the dark female he had seen last spring at these borders. Sebastian hadn't seen her in a long time so he just assumed this female before him was... her. He watched her movements and cleared his throat. She had mistaken him for his father, which was probably going to happen quite often now they lived in the same woods. He let his eyes roam over her for a minute, just as she seemed to glance over his body. 

"Didn't Burke--- I mean my father... tell you?," he returned to her, but then came the reveal. His ears fell back and looked over her once again. Oh maybe she wasn't the same, yeah probably too young to be his father's mate. "Oh you are not.. her." Sebastian cleared his throat once again. "For a moment I thought you were Mel--dresi?? The dark priestess! I saw her once... long ago," he admitted to her. Sebastian stance was a bit tense. "But yeah. I am Sebastian, indeed. I confronted my father at the border, or well, yeah... and uh..," he stammered lightly, looking at the female with the storm colored eyes. This sounded not very ... good.

Sebastian gathered his confidence, taking a different stance. "Let's start over," he spoke, more in control now or at least Sebastian thought so. "I came to these borders to settle the argument I had with my father. We talked. Burke showed me his perspective like he can do so well. Under the promise I would work hard we would have bonding time.--- And that sounded totally lame," he spoke, sighing afterwards. They were probably not going to like him here. He wished he could have said that he won a fight from his father and he was totally badass, but he was not a liar. "I just really wanted to get to know my dad, okay? Everyone here seemed really pleased with him and I wish I would have know that Burke. That is the truth," he ended his final statement. Yeah, when he was stressed or nervous he would talk.. a lot.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
omfg it just ate my badass post *cries*

At first, she had been intrigued to hear Sebastian's explanation, but her expression soon turned sour. Who did he think he was? The lack of submission told her much. Clearly he thought he was too special to submit to a rank much higher than him, but his complete disregard for the Mark was horrifying. Apparently Redhawk didn't teach manners, like much of their other faults. "Do you not know of submission?" Her cold eyes narrowed at him, her muscles tensing with agitation. "I don't know how things work at Redhawk, but we run things differently here. Just because you are Burke's son does not mean you are less entitled to give respect where respect is due," She snapped, the sharp edges of her teeth showing from under her lips. She highly doubted Burke would even let his son have a free pass just for being his son, anyways. "I will not hesitate to put you in your place the next time you talk to me like that, or anyone with the Mark as a matter of fact," Her tone was reprimanding, for the disregard of authority had been evident in also his tone of voice. Though the size difference said something, Burke had taught her how to use it to her advantage. Big was slow and she was quick. "Other's won't be so kind," And she left it to that for him to ponder on. And it was true, for she doubted Damien would appreciate the male's presence nor have any patience for it. 

She met the next topic with less intensity, though she the same cold gaze did not leave. "Our Dark Queen had met her eternal sleep a little while ago. She rests in Redgrove, so don't let anyone catch you there," Getting caught near Meldresis's corpse was a one way ticket out of Blackfeather. At least she was glad that her encounter hadn't even been intentional. "Actually, don't even go near there," She reworded, for good measure. It was baffling that he had even though she was the late preistess, though thinking about it, the same dark coat and size similarities were miskatable. 

"I believe you," She finally said. "And trust me, if I didn't i'd be hauling your ass to Wolfskull," She chuckled in a wicked way at the thought, thinking about the mutt she had forgotten about in there. Had he escaped or had he starved? She didn't bother to check up on him since the last time. "But you don't seem the type to live here. This is the Dark Woods after all," She commented. He just wasn't dark enough, she could see. What had Burke been thinking? But she wouldn't dare question his reasoning more, he always had a clear head. "And i'm sure you've heard of our reputation, this isn't a place for the faint of heart," She wasn't trying to deter him away from living there but make him realise how real the situation was. She'd rather him leave now, knowing his reasoning to find him gone in a few days. And honestly, unless he was pursuing a career in the Brotherhood, she didn't see much of a future for him in Blackfeather Woods. 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Awww that sucks!

Sebastian knew he had been forgetting something. Of course he knew about submission. She did not have to reformulate that for him. He wasn't stupid. The male did change his posture. The last time he was in a pack he had been in the middle ranks. He was used to the ones he should show submission to. This was a whole new deal. He had to remember that he was all the way at the bottom. Sebastian decided to lie down before Nemesis on his stomach. "Sorry-- Hey! Redhawk isn't that bad! They are good wolves and they do ask submission. I don't want special treatment. I am not that kind of guy. I work hard, always. The last time I was in a pack it was mid-autumn and I was in the middle ranks. I just need to remember that I am at the bottom," he returned to her. The younger grey did stay on he ground though. He still felt very protective of the Caldera wolves. They were still part of him, probably always would be. Apparently Nemesis was kind to him, and yeah, she kind of was... weirdly so. Because it sort of contradicted with her later statement that he wasn't dark enough. "I shall behave accordingly now."

To Sebastian it came as a shock that his father lost his mate. He had lost his almost mate too! Maybe this was something he could bond about with him! Sebastian's mind started to think of possible ways-- It might not be a good idea to start about that. Burke hadn't told him the reason why he wasn't allowed in Red Grove. Maybe he didn't want him to know about this. "I'm sorry for your loss," he spoke genuinely. "I wasn't planning to, actually. That must have been horrible. So that... That means that my new half siblings don't have their mother anymore?," he asked. He didn't even know their names. How embarrassing. He should probably search them out. He was curious about the two Burke spoke about in such heigh regard. "Is my father okay?," he asked. He was curious how his father had handled this. If he had showed his mourning or kept it to himself. It would make him learn a lot how his father worked with emotional things.

"Wolfskull?," he quipped. That was one of the places Sebastian hadn't seen or wasn't shown to him by Burke. His face fell a bit into a frown, still laying down on the ground. He hadn't made eye contact with the female ever since she commented about his submission. "Don't judge me. You don't even know me. Then you are not dark enough either for dragging me off to be tortured because I didn't show you submission in the beginning. I am not judging you either. I have heard of your reputation, why do you think I stayed away for so long? I am not stupid. I'd rather be alive." But in fact Sebastian was known to make stupid or reckless decisions in the heat of the moment. "I killed my uncle. Burke's brother. Don't think he ever mentioned it to you that the male even existed. And he probably won't appreciate you bringing it up. After it came up in the conversation Burke... thanked me. So I must at least have some darkness. Or at least he was grateful enough to allow me to get closer to him."
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She nodded stoically, indicting him to get up. She found no need to reprimand him further, since his apology had been clear. The promise of dedication softened her image of him, though she wasn't entirely convinced he belonged in the dark forest. Though he had a smart head, and knew his place even though he had gone of the rail for a  moment. It was excusable. Though she wasn't sure about his loyalty to Rechawk or to them. Apparently, they still meant a lot to him, but just how much? Shaking away the though, she realised ha Burke wouldn't just let him in without his assurance of all these things. "Good," She shortly replied before leaving the subject alone. She wasn't one to pester and she wouldn't to anyone no matter how much they may deserve it.

She had a change of attitude when Sebastian apologized for something he could never have prevented. She hated it, words that meant something but not what she wanted to hear "No, they don't," She replied bitterly at the fact. Maybe now he would understand that Burke had better things than to deal with him showing up at their borders all the time. But she remembered that he was now one of them and she could not think that way anymore. "Well, you said you wanted to know him. Find out for yourself," Hadn't his whole reasoning to even joining them to be close to Burke? Though she knew Burke wouldn't open up to him right away. Almost everyone was like that in Blackfeather. Trust issues were a big thing and she would be greatly surprised if Sebastian even got Burke to talk about Meldresi.

Her ears flattened against her skull as Sebastian proceeded to talk back to her. "I'll do what I want, and I do it for a reason. Remember your place," Her tone grew cold once more. Someone had to judge the new arrivals for their potential for the Brotherhood, if not Burke himself. Someone from the inside. And as far as she was concerned, Sebastian had a hard time remembering that he was at the bottom. "I'm not the one who brought it up, you did!" She snapped, clearly not amused by blaming her for what he said. "I have no interest in knowing about your's and Burke's past life and if you want to keep your head, you'd better stop blabbering about his past," She continued to rant. The last thing she wanted was to be accused to meddling, of all things. "Besides, personal stuff you know," She hinted that perhaps Burke wouldn't appreciate Sebastian retelling his life story to everyone in Blackfeather. The outcome of that was too horrifying to imagine.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian pushed himself in a sitting position. The large male kept his eyes on her but not looking into her eyes. His nose scrunched a bit up once she spoke that she should find out herself. Sebastian wondered why she suddenly gotten all so defensive, all she spoke then was more guarded, probably because he commented on her darkness. He was remembered of his place while he had been only questioning her, her answer was that she had her reasons. Well that was a great explanation. Wow next time he would definitely be more respectful of her reasons. Sebastian felt like rolling his eyes. She couldn't even hold a normal conversation with him while she clearly had a hight rank?

Sebastian shook his head lightly, pushing himself to his feet. Clearly she had an image of him in his head and wasn't going to look past that. He could probably talk all he wanted but that wasn't going to chance. Sebastian might be the current lowest rank but the fact that he couldn't even do his story without her scolding him for it made the young male less inclined to have a good conversation with. She had not been enthusing him. He had been open to listen to her, which was clear how he had stayed on his belly, but the questions he asked were apparently the wrong ones. So instead of pissing her off even more Sebastian decided to just leave. "I won't bother you then," he stated. Burke had seen something in him and if this Nemesis did not what to listen to the story or believe it then that wasn't his problem. He was here to work and to get to know his dad. He wasn't here to make friends, frankly he wasn't even expecting it.

Just so you know, he hasn't officially exited the thread :P
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Ah she's so mean sorry :p

She stood baffled by his abrupt exit. What, did she hurt his feelings? It was true, she had no need to hear of his story or what seemed to be Burke story. The Alpha had not told her anything, she did not want to know anything she wasn't allowed to know. It was just better that way. "Hey!" She called after him, feeling instantly guilty for jumping to conclusions. "I meant what I said. As much as i'd like to, I don't think Burke would appreciate me talking to you about his feelings. You have to find out yourself," She explained, though it seemed awfully obvious at the time. She came into stride to match his, she couldn't let him simply run off. He seemed quite judgemental of her, though she only spoke what she seen. Quick to take offence, unlike her apparently. 

Even so, as far as she had known Sebastian wasn't even allowed to be anywhere near Blackfeather until a second ago did he inform her of his new spot in their ranks. The hell? If he was anything like the impression she had been given of him, she wasn't sure exactly how he would fit in. "You've told me quite a lot of your story, and some of which is private to my Alpha. I'm sure you can understand my hesitance to know more," It was all very explainable, though somehow this guy didn't understand the whole privacy thing. Nobody could blame her for being suspicious of his true purpose in Blackfeather or if his loyalty truly lied to them, and she was sure she wasn't going to be the only one. Everything about the situation screamed skeptical. Though she was willing to ignore it, if he gave her reason to.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian stopped when she called out and then turned to face her. The female instantly started to explain herself. The young male watched her for a moment. "I didn't want to know about his feelings. I was interested in your opinion and why you follow him. What inspires he in you that you want to climb his ranks and work hard for him. That was what I wanted to know. You were the one pushing me down that I don't belong here so I pointed out that I might be fit for this pack seeing that I did kill," he returned with his voice, almost as calm as Burke's.

He wanted her to know why he had said those private things. He also wondered why she was so hesitant about it. Was she afraid of him? What was the deal with her not wanting to know. Sebastian was curious to say the least. But he wouldn't pry. He was genuinely curious but he didn't /need/ an answer. Sure he could find out this himself, but he was interested in the other perspectives of the members of this pack. What was their reason for being here? Why would they want to listen to Burke? Maybe he wasn't sure a bad wolf after all. It was all curiosity driving him.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
At this point, the boy was starting to tick her off. Had he nothing to say besides his pitiful attempts at making her feel bad? He didn't want to know this, he wanted to know that.. this was going nowhere. The rant just continued to annoy her right out of her capacity, she was practically done. "You can't fake darkness. It comes from inside," She sneered, fuming at the fact he could claim his nonexistent evilness. "Just because you kill one dude, don't make you dark," She said it like it was the fact of life and he was just learning the rules. "The fact is, I don't trust you. Sue me. You're just not like us, and you don't belong here. Deny it all you want," She pushed back in his face, feeling quite proud of herself and childish at the same time. She didn't sugarcoat the truth, and she wouldn't lie to his face. It was bo form of bullying, though she highly doubted he would see it that way. So what, he was butthurt. Go cry about it somewhere else but here, thank you very much. He couldn't just waltz in there and expect everyone to trust his good will. It simply didn't work like that. 
"If you had wanted my opinion, you should have just said so instead of claiming that i'm not dark enough, like you know me or any of us," Her own words made her fume, and she mentally decided she was out. Turning swiftly before giving him one last hard glare, she permanently decided she did not like him or his morals. Something just wasn't right, whether or not Burke seen it. Just because they shared the same genes, did not mean Sebastian was anywhere close to following in Burke's footsteps. The sooner the son butted out of their lands, the better, she decided. It was fake hope that he would be like them, and it was just plain foolishness to keep him around for so long. Their ranks were for the wicked at heart not the aspiring, it was a waste of space for a small chance. And she just could not support it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Truthfully the male hadn't even been listening. He decided that he disliked her and did not feel the need to listen to her. There didn't came anything useful from her mouth. The male looked at her with a skeptical gaze. "Alright," he just commented. "Like I stated before I will leave you alone then," he pointed out, shrugging. He wasn't going to do the 'i'm darker than you' speech mainly because he didn't feel like she was that dark. She might be grumpy and growl at him but she had not used any aggression on him so far. One had he was glad about that but it only proved that she was not as dark as he thought they would be. But for once he could hold his tongue seeing that it would probably get him nowhere.

With that thought in mind Sebastian shook his head slightly. He turned away from her and this time he really took off, what ever she would call out to him Sebastian wasn't going to stop. He would just ignore the irritating female. He couldn't care less he was going to prove himself even though she might think he would not. His father had seen something in him and he believed that judgement.

- Sebastian exits -

You can archive after your post or just archive it straight away! :3