Porcupine Ridge spiney pine
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Private 
idk if I picked this term up from a show or if this is just some stupid term my family has had since we were babies. But a 'spiney pine' is a sea urchin. (:
The wonderful @Anwyl <3

Deciding she hadn't seen her new friend for so long (probably a day or two), Jhala decided it would be best to seek him out. Tail wagging, she made her way towards his den, sniffing curiously for him. Her dark ears were perked as she listened for him around her, and she placed her nose to the ground as she sniffed him out. He appeared to be in his den, but that was just where his scent was most concentrated anyway. She let out a light bark, hoping to find him in there, and waited curiously to see if he would emerge. 

"Anwyl!" she yipped to him, her head tilting. "I was promised to be taught how to hunt porcupines!" she teased lightly. It wasn't a promise, really, and he was by no means obligated to teach her. But she wanted to learn, and it was a valid reason to seek out the pale boy. Her wait continued.
too much heart was always his problem
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
Lol I feel you, me and my mom have so many weird words that nobody really gets. Like huacamohe. My mom thought that was how you pronounce guacamole in Spanish for a while xD And thanks boo you are wonderful too <3

Anwyl was indeed in his den, doing what he usually did when he wasn't exploring. Sleeping. He awoke to the sound of a familiar bark. His fur was all crazy and stuck to his face with the wet from the snow and also probably a little bit of drool. The big baby immediately freaked out. I look terrible, I can't go talk to her looking like this! She'll think I'm a slob, I don't want her thinking that girls don't like slobs! He thought, frantically licking flat his fur and trying to look respectable. Yeah I'm coming! He shouted back in a friendly tone, trying to hide the frenzied trill in his voice. He really really like Jhala, maybe more than just friends did.

He came out of his tree root den, looking the best he could within a minute of preparation. He gave her a wild eyed smile and sighed. Sorry, long morning. So you said you wanted to do what now? He hadn't really been listening the first time she'd said stuff. He'd just been freaking out. He was lucky to have a really furry face, cause he was blushing. What was it about her that made him feel so giddy?

Somebody has a crush on somebody x3
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
omg. My brother used to think that pricks or thorns were called porks. So you can guess what we call them now lol

The boy appeared to be a bit frantic, but in a cute way she decided (low-key though). Jhala smiled as he appeared from the den, bowing playfully as her rump and tail wagged behind her. Her glowing amber eyes shone in the morning sun, and her teeth shown in a happy smile. "Porcupines," she repeated, amused. Her tail continued to wag as she straightened her posture, head tilting ever so slightly to the side. A leaf stuck to the side of his face- probably stuck there from drool, she thought. "Wait, hang on," she murmured, moving forward to nose it from his face. It was a friendly gesture, more than anything, but the touch still sent warmth down her chest. Perhaps it was a more subconscious gesture rather than friendly, and she couldn't help but feel jumpy at the thought of whatever she was feeling.

Young things were too fond of each other far too quickly, but there was no stopping them.

She coughed awkwardly, wondering if he too had felt the feeling, whatever it was. "I uh, you... you porcupine.. hunt," she sputtered out, all mannerisms and usual confident charm failing her momentarily. She cleared her voice, then repeated quieter. "You said you'd teach me to hunt porcupines."
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
LOL porks I love it! Also when I was little I thought Hugh Jackman's name was Huge Ackman because of the way people said it xD

Anwyl smiled greatly and bounded down to bounce around playfully. Oh right those things. Yeah sure I'll teach you today. Let's... He was cut off when Jhala reached forwards to get a leaf off of his face. He shuffled his paws bashfully, giving her a foolish grin. The feeling of her so close to him made his heart skip. He was beginning to worry that there was something wrong with him. Why did the girl make him feel this way. So warm and fuzzy. He laughed at her awkward and fragmented sentence as she reiterated her reason for coming.

Anwyl started to respond but it came out sounding like his throat was full of porks so he cleared his throat as well. Yeah ok  let's do that. He finally managed, his tail still wagging all over the place. He nudged her side with his shoulder and began to walk. They would first have to find one of the little spiney pines, and he would have her track it the same way Tagg had allowed him to try. As he trotted through the snow at her side, he turned to talk. Ok so first you have to find one. They like living around trees and they leave these ugly scratches on them. You should try tracking one to get used to the way it's done.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
OMG you used both of them in here I am crying laughter.

Overcoming the awkward spell that had been placed over them, the pair continued forth and spoke calmly to one another. Jhala nodded curiously as he spoke, and she shrugged in agreement. She had assumed as much, but easier said than done she supposed. 

But to her luck, she had caught scent of one further down the cliffs, and with a wag of her tail she nudged him towards a spot they could travel down, offering him the lead spot. She hoped he too had scented it and she hadn't mixed up the smell, but porcupines had a pretty distinct scent.
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
;) Now I feel like I can never use the word porcupine again. We are now Spiney Pine Ridge xD

Jhala didn't seem to want to lead him. This surprised him, she was of a higher rank, more dominant than he. He had expected that she would want to take lead and track it herself. He must've misjudged her, she wasn't as strict and prideful as he'd originally presumed. Or maybe it was just because they were friends. He rolled his eyes with a huff. Girls. He thought, bounding into lead and climbing down. Together they continued to track the spiney pine. He spotted the scuffing on the trees that porcupines left, that was a good sign. That meant they had been doing something right.

He stopped and nudged her shoulder, pointing his nose towards the torn up tree. That's what I meant by the scratched up tree. If you see that, it usually means there's a porcupine nearby. Come one we're getting close. He turned and gave her a mischievous grin and then turned back to the path. After a little bit more walking through the sparse forest, he spotted one, shnuffling all over the ground. He stopped again and tapped her shoulder with his tail tip signaling for her to stop as well. He crouched down, watching it from behind a bush. Time to teach.

Ok so this is the tricky part. So you can't attack their backs, because you know. Spikes. So you have to get around to their faces and attack their noses. They'll try to turn around and get you, so you'll have to be really fast. He was tempted to be a show off and tell her about how he'd caught his on his first try. But he was a pretty humble guy, and didn't want her to feel bad if she failed. He somehow doubted she would fail though. She seemed kind of like the 'failure is not an option' type of girl.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
omg, i cry everytime i read it... it's going to be painful roleplaying with you XD
failure isn't an option sort of girl eh? let's see... 1 catch, 2 catch but get pricked, 3 miss, 4 miss AND get pricked... 
3 :o ooo. looks like bby is missing... I'm gonna make her get porked anyway. 

The girl had heard him mention the trees, but she was used to tracking via scent. She also couldn't believe that the things would be that common. But clearly, they were. He pointed out the scratched up tree and she approached it to sniff curiously, her head tilting to the side. She stuck her nose to it for a second, just to feel the bark, and moved back with a fun expression. "Why do they do that?" she asked, her head tilting as she turned to look at him. Then they moved on.

He taught her how to attack her, and she was curious how well that would work. But the girl trusted him regardless, and couldn't help but become eager. 

They both spotted the porcupine and with great enthusiasm she immediately lowered herself into a crouching position. Anwyl seemed to prompt her to move, and with a gentle nudge to the shoulder, she moved out to attack it. She decided to circle it, so she could get its face, but she soon had the right angle and smirked as she geared up to leap. Taking it from behind at first seemed too much of a risk, she decided, so she went with her own unique tactic.

Bad idea.

She thought she was well hidden in her spot, but apparently the creature disagreed. Just as she leapt, it turned. Unable to stop herself as she was in midair, she wiggled frightfully in the air and attempt to get further away from it. Alas, she was unable to, and wound up with a chest and stomach full of spiny pine quills. The creature waddled off, leaving Jhala shocked and in a little bit of pain. She glanced to her friend with wide-eyes that asked, 'what just happened?' It was, perhaps, a little bit funny.
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
;)

Anwyl shrugged when the black and white female asked about the scratch marks. He had no clue, so he decided out of some instinctual place, that he'd make something up to impress her. I think that's how they make their spines sharper. Sounded plausible enough, he made him seem intelligent. Good idea Annie, he thought giving himself a mental point. 

Finally they came to the porcupine. After telling her how to hunt it, Jhala set forwards on her hunt. He watched her elegant and strong movements in awe, he was sure that she could make it. Well he was wrong. The damn lil spiney pine turned around at the last moment and stabbed Jhala, before running away snorting and squealing. His friend turned her head, an astonished look on her face. Anwyl was holding back a hysterical laugh. He tried his best to hide his smile and look concerned but it was just too funny. Jhala had gotten porked pretty bad.

He quickly walked to her, his words coming out with a faint laugh. Its ok, I didn't do too good on my first try either. Well that was a lie, he'd completely aced his first porcupine hunt. But he didn't want her to feel bad. He got close to her, yanking some spikes out of her cheek timidly. He didn't want to hurt her at all, but the porks had to go. The gentle pup was very fond of his new friend, and gave her a happy smile. Let me get those. He wanted to help her, but also liked how good it felt to be close to her.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He'd come over to her immediately, reassuring her that it was hard and even he hadn't gotten it his very first time. She let out a huff, somehow not believing him, but nodding with understanding. She knew the laws of success and failure; they sucked. But he soon had found his nose near her cheeks, and she felt them heat up wildly. She tried to edge away from him, her hotness affecting her speech right away. "No, no... I've.. I've got it," she said stubbornly, but he pulled anyway and she gave a gentle cry. It wasn't a really painful experience, but it certainly wasn't comfortable. Her friend offered to- well, kind of pled to- help her. Although she preferred to do things on her own, Jhala obliged hesitantly and sat with her tail tucked under her. "Fine..." she murmured, avoiding his gaze as he continued to pluck the quills  from her. 

The dark girl was quite embarrassed by now, and somehow the fact that it was Anwyl here with her made it even worse. But she knew he didn't really care, and reluctantly nudged him when he'd pulled all the ones from her face, leaving her chest and stomach. "Thanks.. Anwyl..." she muttered softly, her tail thumping lightly on the ground.
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
At first as Anwyl tugged the porks from Jhala's cheeks, she seemed a little reluctant. Did she not want him to get them out, or was there another reason she didn't want him close. He had liked the feeling of being close to her, maybe she didn't like him that way. He had been a little hurt by that, but Jhala had finally given in. He grinned to himself, she does like me! He thought as he continued to pull out the naughty little quills. Finally when he was finished, Jhala nudged him and thanked him. He looked away bashfully, a goofy grin on his adorable little baby face. Naaaaaw it's fine. Any- anytime you need to get de-thorned, just howl.

He realized it wasn't a very good line, but he didn't care. He could only think about how cute and pretty Jhala was right now. His tail thumped quickly, just like the beat of his heart. There she was, being all Jhala. And there he was, wanted to kiss her. What? Kiss? Suddenly his instincts got the best of him. He leaned forwards and plucked a lick on her cheek. He sat back, horrified. Had he really just done that. oH nO wHaT wiLl sHe tHiNK! He thought in distress, and then bolted away, completely embarrassed.

OMG CUTE! <3333 We can fade here or Jhala can go after him. Whatever you want :)
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Last one for me! <3

The boy seemed completely smitten- it was extremely obvious. The girl he was smitten with could see it and she couldn't help but feel hot. He was tripping over his words and acting like a complete goober- then again, wasn't she? He finished pulling the quills from her chest and she took the remaining ones from her stomach, feeling awkward to have him pull those out. Then, when she thanked him again, he answered in this long ass statement that made her heart race. Why? She had no fucking idea! He seemed to be just as nervous as she was though, and somehow reassuring.

Maybe he wasn't just as nervous as her though. He plopped a kiss right there on her cheek and she sat, frozen, as he realized what he'd done and bolted. "An..Anwyl, wait!" she called after him, but made no movements to go. Goodness gravy what had just happened; clearly something important. She continued to sit for a few moments before falling over and curling into a ball squeeing uncontrollably. This was the most awkward day of her life and most likely the greatest!!!!

Damn. Teenagers fall in love so easily.