Sleeping Dragon i'm building this house on the moon
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
@Lorne! Excuse this crap post, I'm so exhausted, haha.

The days were starting to warm, days weren't freezing anymore and snow was beginning to melt in the snow. Clumps form in the shadows of Sleeping Dragon, piled up from falling from trees or off cliffs as they slide from their smooth surfaces. The rocky terrain above her leaves her wet as it drips, wrinkling her nose each time as she tries to avoid them. Walking in the shadows gives her comfort and protection but at the cost of feeling cold, chilled to the bones.

She shakes out her fur and deviates, pushing out into the open. The setting sun rests on her shoulders, feeling her wet fur warming a little, but doing little to ease the damp coating along her spine. With the night on the horizon, Thuringwethil makes her move toward the cave she sometimes shares with Gyda. Her scent isn't heavy as she nears, leaving her to wonder where the queen is, but she doesn't linger long. The young leader passes by, not quite ready for sleep.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
86 Posts
Ooc —
Lorne paused in her digging,she had caught a squirrel earlier on in the day and was now burrying what was left. She caught a scent on the wind,it was familiar from her time when she observed her pack. Most never noticed her, even when she was half way in the open. She was quiet like that,not much to notice. She recognized this scent as the Heda's. That was what everyone called her anyway. She wasn't sure what it meant exactly but guessed it meant something like Leader or Commander. Otherwise they would call her Alpha if that's what it meant. She turned,straightening to greet her when she came through. The wind was blowing her scent behind her so it was likely that the Heda wouldn't know she was there until she could see her.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Without much of a destination in mind, Thuringwethil's direction doesn't lead anywhere in particular. She'll turn, thinking she might find something or someone if she changes it up but, for he most part, she comes up empty handed. The scents nearby are old and only lingering behind and she doesn't follow them, knowing she wouldn't find anyone anyway. It doesn't disappoint her, she enjoys her time alone, but it doesn't stop her from looking for them.

She jerks when she catches a glimpse of another, tawny in color and for a brief moment she thinks she sees Hush not too far away. Her brows furrow in second thought and recollection, adjusting to the confusion and seeing Lorne instead. The fact her scent carries in the opposite direction doesn't aid her confirmation. Thuringwethil hadn't spent much time with Gyda's latest recruit but she's been informed and it's a good of a chance as any to put to the test her queen's decision on the female. "Lorne," she intones, drawing her attention to the Eta. "How are you settling in?"
Trigedasleng · Common
86 Posts
Ooc —
She dipped gracefully into a submissive stance as Thuringwethil approached her. "Fine,thank you. How are you,Heda?", she asked politely. She was nothing if not polite to her authorities.

Ooc:sorry for the short post
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
No pressure. :) Also, you can use this code to use the ooc box, if you'd like (without the space in the second one, it wouldn't let me post it with the space):
Quote:[ooc]OOC text[/ ooc]

Like with Hush, she wants to ask questions she’d ask wolves at the borders of her home, but she bites her tongue. Thuringwethil trusts Gyda in her decisions but the ways of Seageda do not shed easy from her skin. The sole leader of a large pack, as well as that of a coalition, makes it difficult to accept someone into Drageda she hasn’t inspected first. Lorne has been a member for a while now, has contributed to their wellbeing, and the Heda couldn’t ask for much more that wouldn’t be determined over time.

“I’m glad to hear it,” she tells her and even offers her a small smile, softening her features for a moment before it disappears. “I’m well, thank you.” She considers departing the woman then, going about both of their business, but she decides against it to better acquaint herself with her subject. Battling her previous urge, she offers a swish of her tail arched above her spine. “Have you considered taking up any trades?” she asks, a roundabout way to find out more about the woman without treating her like a stranger on the outside.
Trigedasleng · Common
86 Posts
Ooc —
thanks!

Lorne nodded,"Hunter and mercenary. I was head hunter in my natal pack and a warrior although not the lead warrior there." She didn't know if that information was particularly important but one sided answers would lead to a dead conversation. The Heda scared her but she would never admit that. She was a force to be feared from what she had learned.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Of course! This is a good reference to all the tips and tricks the board offers. Also, I must admit it amuses me Lorne is afraid of Thuringwethil. <3

Two trades that would benefit Sleeping Dragon immensely and Thuringwethil is glad to hear it. Mercenary is where she easily falls in line but a second trade, if any, has yet to present itself. Seageda kept her busy and most of those duties fell to the wolves she led, wrapped up in her own politics and struggle for peace. She would oversee warriors of all shapes and sizes, giving Lorne an advantage that even in her small stature, Thuringwethil has faith she’s plenty capable enough to take up the tasks. 

“I look forward to seeing your progress.  Perhaps you could lead our next hunt. How is your tracking?” she asks. One side of Sleeping Dragon attracts herds of deer though she’s seen it dwindle, whether because of the winter or the fact wolves live above the natural salt-licks, she isn’t entirely sure. Spring, she hopes, will bring her these answers.
Trigedasleng · Common
86 Posts
Ooc —
haha yeah I watch the 100 and Lexa seemed like someone to fear. :P *fangirl moment*

"It's okay I suppose. It's not my strongest suit but I can find what I'm looking for,"she chuckled a bit. She had yet to do any major tracking and hunting in Sleeping Dragon but she had been hunting with her friend Belle.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
!!

There isn’t much confidence in Lorne’s words but Thuringwethil doesn’t pressure her about it. As the other works toward gaining the trade and proving herself, she’s sure the skill will be picked up easier. “I’m sure you’ll improve with practice,” she tells her. Though generic in advice, the truth remains the same. By the sound of it, Lorne will benefit Drageda enough and Thuringwethil’s satisfied she’s passed through whatever limited inspection she’s given Gyda’s recruit.
Trigedasleng · Common
86 Posts
Ooc —
starting to fade here I think lol

Lorne nodded as she didn't know what else to say,murmuring a soft thanks. She figured Thuringwethil would want to be on her way as it was getting late. She would be heading back to the pack's core here in a minute,closer to the dens of the other's so that she could sleep.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil scrutinizes Lorne a little closer but she doesn't push the matter. Her appreciation is quiet, a little subdued, but Heda takes the inclination to take a step back. "If you need anything," she offers with a light shake of her arched tail. She's here for her wolves, she belongs to them just as much as they belong to her, and bettering them betters her in the long run. A hint of a smile appears on her features before she takes the chance for departure.
Trigedasleng · Common