Can pack formation threads be private?
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
I was wondering if there was any kind of information regarding whether pack formation threads should be AW or Private. With all the drama surrounding PHX and pack's setting up in the Emberwood and with NWF; it got me thinking.

From what I can tell, there's nothing to stop packs from forming solely from private threads and just ignoring any AW threads that other's make if there characters are unhappy with the pack forming. In my personal case, if all the NWF formation threads were AW I'd have FitzDutiful jumping into every single one of them to "stop" them forming. There's also a kind of time-scale thing too, there's nothing to stop people spreeing out their formation threads to "get it formed quicker" which then removes the IC drama from having other characters try to stop the formation. In my head, trying to oust a rival pack before they're formed should be easier than once they are formed.

So, yeah, is there any kind of info as to how to let other characters "air their grievances" so to say?
elastic heart
172 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
But.. what's to stop say, STM barging in to NWF and blatantly pissing on their borders, harassing the future NWF members, etc?
Just because you can't hop in to the few P threads we do have, you could always make your own threads to do so?

RHC went hard at HW when they were trying to form.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
... This wasn't any kind of attack against NWF. It was a more theoretical question as there's a lot of X wouldn't like Y creating a pack at Z.

At the start of my second paragraph I said "From what I can tell, there's nothing to stop packs from forming solely from private threads and just ignoring any AW threads that other's make if there characters are unhappy with the pack forming." So yes, AW threads can be created by the pack with a grievance but I was wondering as there's nothing to stop those being ignored.
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
.. I never said it was? I was going with the same example you were going with.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Is there a time line on pack formation?  If 5 threads were formed in a day and finished in two days how realistic is it to expect thgat would establish a sufficient pack border?
Out of Interest and theoretical I stress, before I have my head bitten off :D
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Ah, my misread then :D

Edit: double posted Em haha.

yes, just primarily wondering how it stands if aw threads weren't answered and private threads were the only thing used to found a new pack and the timescale thing tool.
i know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying
184 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Ignoring AW threads would be piss-poor sportsmanship. It would be something to bring up with admins as a grievance, but as for forming threads, we can't force a pack to make their forming threads AW so their neighbours can show up. That is their choice.

There's also no timeframe. Iirc STM and BC are two packs that formed in less than a week, and we were perfectly fine with that. How sucky would it have been if we imposed an arbitrary timeframe to prevent those packs forming quickly? Some packs take longer to form, others need less time. We just can't force people to slow down so another pack can give them grief; remember, they are excited about their pack, too, and may be spreeing to get it done rather than to somehow prevent a pack from bothering them.

You are welcome to bother thempre- and post-formation by making AW threads. If they ignore your AW threads and try to pretend it isn't happening, that's almost a form of retconning... which is the only thing against the rules here. Packs may have AW or P threads for forming and they may form as quickly or slowly as they like. We can't regulate that.
Formerly Farstep. Name changed to suit the fact that he has no known name.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Thanks Chels!