Fox's Glade when i'm miles and miles apart from you.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
The Hollow had been quiet as of late. In ways it was a great comfort to her. Any day that didn't involve a packmate arriving at their door bloodied and broken was a blessing to her. Some of their number had disappeared, but Harlyn did not worry much over this. She alone knew what had happened to Ilya, and she still was certain that Luke would be returning to them any day now. Lagon and Misty both were now gone as well, but part of her believed they had gone together to start their own family somewhere - or so her romantic mind was wont to believe even when no evidence truly existed to support the idea. There were others too, she knew, but she had missed them altogether over the past few weeks being so distracted by her children.

It was their lack of members that made her slightly nervous, though. Fortunately, Winter had passed and prey was growing more and more plentiful by the day. They had no neighbors uncomfortably close to their borders, so she had little fear of their territory being overcome. If anything, she would perhaps consider pulling back their borders for fear of not being able to hold it all. But with no threats to their claim to speak of, she was not yet so concerned over this.

In spite of the contentment she had with the pack's current situation, she did feel terribly lonely sometimes. Mordecai and her pups aside, she was not enormously familiar with many of the wolves that she called family. Harlyn was aware that the lack of familiarity was her fault, but still.

She left the Hollow that day with the kids in the care of their father. It wasn't her intention to be gone too long. After all, the pups weren't fully weaned yet and she couldn't let them starve. But the spirits were whispering to her today, urging her to take some time to herself, and Harlyn would not ignore. And so, her paws took her away until she was striding through budding flowers and humming winds. After a while she paused to gaze out across the quiet field, her heart aching slightly as her mind wandered to a forbidden place that she had rarely allowed it to go since he left. It had been so long ago, and yet in times when her soul was aching such as now, she couldn't help but pray that he found his way back to her. And she couldn't let that prayer go.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
... /slips aaron in here

As of late Amara had been a pain. She did not return his affections as he wished that she would, and it often left him frustrated and confused. The man was handsome, gallant, and a natural-born leader (usually), any woman was sure to at least be attracted to him. He'd chosen her as his mate and co-leader, and she appeared to want nothing to do with him anymore. Aaron was at a loss, he did not understand the workings of women.

He now explored, free from the screams of the foxes and ramblings of the wolves in his pack- not that he minded listening to them. He wandered out of their dark, mysterious territory and into the bright green Valley, stopping to breathe in the air every now and then. It was during one of these stops that he came across a wonderfully beautiful she-wolf. He smelled her before he saw her- she was milky and warm, it seemed, and he decided she must be with pups. He sought her out right away, the thought of a mother somehow alluring to him. There was nothing she could give him other than a quick chat, but he was intrigued by her sweet scent. 

The man soon found her, standing silently and viewing the field with grace. The man began his approach slowly, making sure he was well within her view, before letting out a low chuff, his tail wagging. 
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yay! :D I'll try to keep Harlyn from attempting to murder this one :x

Harlyn was not displeased when her solitude was interrupted, but she was surprised. She turned to face him as he attracted her attention with a brow quirked in curiosity. She settled the mild anxiety that had arisen at the sight of her friendly posture and wagging tail, offering a gentle smile in response.

The man was handsome - there was no overlooking that fact. Broad, strong-shouldered and fit with gorgeous, soulful eyes. His fur looked soft as a cloud, and almost as pale with ribbons of charcoal and sable woven over him like a blanket. There was power in his visage, but also a gentility that appealed to her completely.

But he wasn't Luke.

"Good afternoon," Harlyn greeted him with a friendly wave of her own tail.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
LOL much appreciated! also that description of Aaron is absolutely beautiful *o* <3 

The woman received him kindly, politely, and with a greeting. He stepped closer, feeling that she was comfortable with his presence. The man dipped his head to her, and when he raised it smiled kindly. "To you, as well," he responded, his light eyes watching her. His head was raised slightly but his tail still waving behind him in a relaxed manner. He was not trying to dominate anyone right now, but he took great pride in himself and his power- he wished to make that known. 

"My name is Aaron- I lead a pack named Rosings, in a forest south of here at the base of the mountains," he informed her, feeling the need to fill her in before he spoke with her. She seemed like she could hold a decent conversation, and even if she couldn't he figured he would at least try.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*giggle* I can't help myself - I'm soooo in love with Mr. Darcy and I can't help but picture him right now lol

Harlyn couldn't help but shift her own posture slightly in response to his own. It wasn't done in a challenging or threatening way - more just as an effort to match him and communicate that she too had pride and power in her position. The smile on her muzzle remained just as inviting as ever though, softening the strength in her frame to show that it was not meant as a threat.

"I'm Harlyn," the druid responded in kind, a cheeky sort of smirk flashing in her eyes, "I lead pack at Lost Creek Hollow, to the East." She wondered briefly if her response had been one he'd expected at all.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
!! me too! unfortunately though Aaron's recently been stuck with a bit of Mr. Collins, as well xP

The man's ears perked, and he settled himself into the dust. He was intrigued to find that she was a Alphess, although he was not very surprised. He did not know of many wolves who were allowed breeding rights outside of the higher tier, if anything he had guessed Beta. His blue eyes traveled to the East, studying the direction in an attempt to pinpoint where she resided- he wasn't sure he had much luck. He looked back. "Who do you lead with?" he asked, traditional in his ways and unable to believe that a single woman led a pack by herself. It did not come off this way, however, and he was fully aware of her milky scent- usually Alpha's did not just go and get knocked up by some stranger.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn was not put off by the question in the least. She too was a traditional sort of woman and had never once pictured herself leading a pack on her own. She had always imagined a strong, solid partner in her mate and for a while, she'd had it too in Mordecai. But when the question was posed to her in that moment, Harlyn found she could not say that Mordecai lead beside her. He had been so distant and withdrawn lately, ever since Ilya had disappeared. And as much as she wanted him to return to himself and be her partner again, she knew in her heart that he was no longer Alpha of the Hollow.

"My mate is named Mordecai," the druid responded, evading the question not out of a desire to hide that she lead by herself, but moreso because she wasn't prepared to speak intelligibly of it yet. Instead, she pushed it from her mind and replaced it with curiosity about his own status. Certainly a fine specimen like him would have claim over just as fine a woman? "What about you? Do you have a woman at your side to help you make more sensible decisions?" the corners of her lips twitched upwards in a teasing smirk.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Mordecai seemed like a handsome name, and Aaron thought deeply about the name for a few moments before he returned himself fully to the conversation. He imagined a dark wolf like the graceful female sitting before him, perhaps sharp yellow eyes and a handsome smile. But he couldn't be certain before meeting him, and let the thoughts drift from mind. "Then I assume this Mordecai is the father of your pups?" he asked, a sly smile plastered across his face now. His tail waved freely behind him, but his eyes remained steady on her.

His smile faltered for a moment, a bitter expression showing itself for a moment. "You could say that," he replied smoothly, eyebrow raising. "She refuses to be mine," he elaborated briefly, "But she is my Alphess, and does a fair job indeed of fine-tuning my decisions," Aaron finished, eyes gleaming with mischief once again.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn nodded in response to his question. Though she'd come close to mating with another, she had had the sense to stop herself before they'd gone too far. It was Mordecai she had chosen, for better or worse, even though it seemed now like a lifetime since he had been that man she'd fallen for.

Aaron was more open with his response than Harlyn had anticipated. Her brows lifted slightly in surprise at his honesty, but she appreciated it nonetheless. His return quip made her smirk again, but soon after she furrowed her brows thoughtfully, her mind returning to the predicament he had voiced. "She refuses you?" the alpha repeated curiosly, "Are your wooing skills not quite what they ought to be or is there some other problem?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
She didn't answer, simply nodded in response. He sensed that there was something bothering her, but while he was extremely open to strangers he wasn't sure she was comfortable voicing her issues to a random man. But she continued on, light quips to set the mood in a bit of a happier place. Aaron smiled, and answered somewhat dryly, "I wish I knew."

Not that she necessarily cared, but she didn't seem underwhelmed by his problems, so he continued on. "I feel as though I am quite the charmer," he said, raising one eyebrow to the woman, "But I suppose she just doesn't agree."
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn wasn't sure what to make of this one. He seemed like he was jesting when he referred to himself as "quite the charmer", but there was a ring of truth in his words as well that suggested he truly did think himself that way. There was nothing wrong with that, of course, but still. Not many would speak so boldly of themselves.

"Well, I'm sure your silver tongue will pave the path into her heart one day, gods willing," Harlyn replied then gave a coy grin, "My own certainly worked on the man I chose."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Mmm," the man purled, his tail wagging behind him. He cocked an eyebrow at the woman, smiling mischievously at her. "You certainly do seem like someone with such a silver tongue," he informed her. "That man must not have known what he'd gotten himself into-- hm?" he offered the playful banter lightly, switching the conversation away from himself. He did enjoy talking about himself, but if she was a possible ally he saw no reason not to find out more about her. Plus, she was quite lovely, and he rather liked talking to her.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn couldn't help but give a sly smile at Aaron's comment. Truth be told, she had never been certain in her first few encounters with Mordecai that he was feeling the same things that she was. He seemed to take a liking to her, but it had taken her a while to determine if his liking had been merely the friendly sort, the physical sort, or the undeniable, all-encompassing attraction that she herself had felt. At first, it had been his status as alpha of Ouroborous Spine that had drawn her, which had of course been deepened his the simple fact that he was a handsome specimen of their species. But then she'd gotten to know him, and it had grown to so much more. He was different than she; Mordecai had had no real aspirations for leadership or family, or any goal for his future really. He'd gone where life had lead him, as hard Harlyn, except that she'd always prayed that life would lead her to what she'd always dreamed of. Mordecai had found contentment in whatever he'd been dealt, and the druid had found such a nature infinitely irresistible.

"You know," Harlyn responded after her thoughtful had passed, "I think it's actually me that didn't know what I was getting into when I set out to win him." She chuckled softly at the thought, and quite suddenly she felt the turmoil over their current state easing a bit. No, he hadn't risen to the occasion lately and been the partner she'd expected him to be. But he was still Mordecai. He was still hers, and he still contained within him the beautiful soul she'd fallen for from the start.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
yikes! so sorry, i totally missed this thread ):

"No kidding," Aaron says, his ears perking as he looks the woman over. "And what makes you say that?" he asks, leaning forward slightly with interest. He somehow couldn't believe that such a beautiful woman would have any troubles with men. Surely they flocked to her? He was unsure if she would share the full story, but he figured he'd ask anyway. He was geuinely curious.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
It's no problem! You wanna wrap up? :)

Harlyn was smiling to herself, entertained by her own thoughts. Aaron's voice brought her attention back to the present, but her facial expression didn't change from one of evidence joy. If anything, his question made her smile even more, for she could sense the compliment behind it. She was not a vain woman and usually behaved with modesty, but that did not mean that she was unaware of her physical blessings.

"Just that I fell for him with my mind first thinking that it was my heart," Harlyn replied honestly, "Once my heart fell, things changed. It became not a matter of want, but one of need. He is my mate, and I am incomplete without him. It is a humbling thing to have such a wonderful truth."

A heavy wind chose that moment to sweep across glade and it brought Harlyn's gaze skyward. "The birds are flying low," she commented as she noticed a few doing so, "Storm is coming. I should return home. My daughter gets anxious during storms." She stood then and offered a parting smile to the man. "Thank you for keeping me company. It has been truly good to meet you, Aaron. Good luck with your woman," she said with a small wink before turning towards home and her family.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron smiled and nodded, his tail waving behind him. He looked to where Harlyn had looked, staring as the birds went by. They were low, he supposed, but he had no idea why that meant storms. He stood, offering her a gentle nudge to the shoulder and a smile. "Good luck with your children," he replied, tail wagging lowly. "If you need anything, my pack is open to yours. The Blackfoot Forest is nearby," he adds. His head dipped lowly for a moment before he turned to head back to his pack, pleased with this woman's companionship and feeling ready to take on his quest for Amara once again.

<3