Otter Creek Sister, sister
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away

Potema wasn't sure why she skirted around the edges of Blackfeather. Perhaps it was apprehension — she didn't have the bravado she thought she would have when returning. It wasn't as easy as she thought. Perhaps she was still waiting for Inigo; some rare chance that the wolf would come find her before she stepped foot in her home once more still lingered in her mind. Either way, Potema lingered by the creek northeast of her childhood home. Her mother's pelvis and the bundles of herbs were still grasped in her jaws, despite the intrusion of the white female a while back. For now, instead of striding headfirst into Blackfeather, proudly crowing her return, Potema stared at the dark forest. Part of her felt unwelcome. Part of her was frightened by the thought of settling down once more.

Oh, by the Daedra. She muttered to herself, internally kicking herself to get up. This is pathetic.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra had been rather intrigued by meeting the young male at Otter Creek the other day. She had not meant to leave the forest but she had no clue that this tunnel would leave Black Feather Woods. It was not because she fancied the boy or because she was interested in him a person. It were his words, speaking about things she did not know about. Oceans, other forests. The little Naturalist wondered if that meant that there were other plants too, if she would ever learn about them. She was hesitant to leave her home. She disliked the light that hurt her pale eyes, and she didn't want to leave her brother and father.

Currently Kendra was laying in the entrance of the secret tunnel. Hidden away in the shadows thanks to her dark coat. It was almost like a cat watching the world go by from a window sill. The young girl was really starting to grow more into her female form, much like Meldresi had. Her coat as soft and gleaming black as her mother. Kendra would never know how much she looked like her, except for her eyes and pale dots. Those eyes fell on a pale female that came into the picture. Kendra pushed herself up into a sitting position. She watched the other for a moment. Something about her wad familiar, and she had something curiously red under her eye. It reminded her of the red dye of the brotherhood and of course the red dye she had in the tip of her tail.

Kendra stepped forward, her eyes squinting but she could not look away from the pale female. She carried her head low, curious and trying to figure this older female out, yet her tail held a bit up. The female had muttered something but Kendra could not decipher what had been said. What her eye caught next now it was a bit adjusted to the light difference was the bone in her mouth. Kendra had seen bones before, that of her mother, so she was god damn curious why this female was carrying a bone in the first place. A curious as she was Kendra stepped forward once more. "Why are you carrying a bone?," she questioned to the stranger.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She had been away from her home for far too long — she had already forgotten the placement of the hidden tunnels that led out of the territory. She didn't jump when the little voice spoke, masking her shock with annoyance. A snarl entered her throat as she turned towards the speaker, but she was again met with a familiar face.

Mother.

It was surprising how much this little black female, however young, looked like Meldresi, with that dark fur and those blue eyes — minus the two silver dots that accented her brow.

Wait a minute.

Princess Kendra Boethiah Rochester. She blurted, remembering what Meldresi had named her second daughter, not even bothering to answer the girl's question now. Potema had only seen her younger siblings twice in their lives, but the resemblance to both Meldresi and Burke were uncanny. If it wasn't the black fur-blue eyes combo, it was definitely the dots. Her family had a tendency to have unique features limited almost only to their bloodline — white eyes, silver brow-dots. Potema stared down at the little Meldresi-lookalike, a mixture of sadness and annoyance (still stemming from her own inability to sense the pup) in her single eye. I am your sister Potema.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra watched the pale female before her, seeing that the stranger was checking her out too. Yet instead of answering her questions Kendra was told what the girl's name was. Something she didn't ask for. The girl even called herself a princess, one thing Kendra never wanted to be called. It seemed the sisters were not so alike at first. Kendra did know their interests alined. Her red tipped tail flickered. "I didn't ask that," she returned, not sounding angry or irritated. Actually she sounded quiet mellow, like stating some facts. Her pale eyes fell on the other, she did interest Kendra.

"If you are my sister then why are you lingering around our borders instead of entering it," she pointed out, getting directly to the point. The peculiar girl watched the other for her reaction. It was clear that Kendra was mainly curious and not out to tease or probe her. She sat down before the other. Kendra knew that her father was going to be really happy, along with her two brothers, if this was truly her sister and not some imposter.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
on mobile sorry

Potema scowled at her sister's response. She was expected some kind of excitement, but really, she barely saw either pups before she left. I know you didn't. I'm just stating the facts. Potema looked at the red-tipped tail that flickered in annoyance, wondering who taught her how to make the dyes necessary.

I'm thinking. She looked at the seated female, still surprised at how much she looked like a baby Meldresi. About mother. About what our family was like before I left. Sappy stuff that has no business on my mind. Potema looked over to the bone, gently rolling it over to nestle it by her stomach. Kendra would ask about it, she was sure.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at the pale female before her and studied the female closely. Kendra was quite observant and seeing that her so called sister instantly introduced herself did sound like how her sister had been described. Some members had called her princess but Kendra didn't care for labels. Potema telling Kendra her full name was interesting, more interesting is that she used Burke's last name. Kendra had less doubt that this was an imposter. Kendra caught the flicker of annoyance and tilted her head bit. "It seems I have offended you already."

The girl sat down, her pale eyes staying on the other, not in a dominant way but more in a curious way. Supposedly this was her knowledgable sister. Kendra noticed how one of her eyes was glazed over with white, along with scarring. Hmm. She could probably not see though that eye. All so fascinating. Potema thought of 'sappy' as bad, but what it told Kendra is that Potema cared about her family. It also told Kendra that her sister might be a bit uncertain what her role would be in their 'new' family. Kendra had the feeling if she would say that she would probably offend the female even more.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
An amused smile crossed Potema's face. Don't be upset by it; everyone offends me in one way or the other. She quipped sardonically, a snort accompanying her words. The white witch noticed how her smaller, darker sister was observing her. Her eyes seemed so intelligent and curious at the same time — almost like her when she was young she supposed. Potema wondered what Meldresi would have thought of Kendra, but quickly pushed the thoughts of her mother aside. She had already reminisced enough about her mother.

So, tell me: what has happened since I left? Potema wanted as much information as could get before she strode back into her childhood home. She didn't like to be uninformed.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra battered her pale eyes up into her one eye. "I am not upset," she spoke on a calm tone that seemed to come naturally for her, seeing that Burke was her father. Now the female before her looked amused, yet Kendra was wondering if it was real or just some of a mask. She did not know Potema enough for that. Kendra looked at the female that now told her to tell what happened. The girl had not been busy with pack politics. She had been a child and played around, mostly played with Naturalist plants.

Still, the question was not one she knew how to answer or she wanted to answer. Kendra's eye fell on the piece of bone that was by her sister. Her pale sibling had not answered her question about that either. "You didn't tell me about the bone," she mentioned, not paying much attention to Potema's question. Two could play that game.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema had underestimated Kendra — she was a child after all, what would she know about what went on in the pack? The thought hadn't crossed her mind, nor did it cross now as her sister asked once again about the bone. I'll tell you about the bone and you tell me anything you know that went on while I was gone.

Potema pushed the bone towards Kendra gently, allowing the dark girl to get a better look at it. The pelvis, kept clean by Potema, shone in the light. Strange marks decorated its surface, etched in by experienced wolves in a specific pattern. It's mother's pelvis. The witches at Hag Fen — where I went for all of these months — they enchanted it. It's supposed to make it easier to connect with the Void and Sithis through mother's spirit, but I honestly haven't tried it. Potema wondered if the younger girl was even convinced by such drabble. Were the youngest two Melonii's Daedra worshippers or were they indifferent? Kendra's response would tell.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra raised one of the dots on her brow as her sister spoke. The girl then slowly nodded, not sure what she should even tell the pale female about this pack in the first place. She didn't know what was different or what happened. She knew that Venus disappeared but Kendra was not even sure that Potema had lived together with Venus, or had even met her. "Sure," she said.

Kendra's eye fell on the bone. She knew she had seen it somewhere, yet she hadn't been sure if it had her mother's or just another bone from a wolf. Kendra had the feeling they would be the same. But as Potema explained it, it was like she was speaking another language. The void? Enchanted? Kendra slowly nodded when the pale female spoke. She knew a bit of Sithis. Burke had told bed time stories to them about Mephala and Sithis. "What is the void?," she asked curiously. "Does that mean thanks to her bone you can talk to mother?" Kendra had never known her mother. She was uncertain what she felt for the woman. Kendra was at least curious about her. Her pale eyes looked over Potema. "Can you tell about her?," she asked.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema's brows rose as her half-sister said she hadn't heard about the Void. Had Burke never talked about it to them? It was a good thing she insisted on coming back now instead of completing a half-year's worth of training like the others. Imagine, the children of Meldresi growing up without knowledge of the Void and Sithis? It was one thing to be an assassin. It was another to be a Dark Brotherhood assassin.

The Void...it's complicated. It's both a place and the embodiment of Sithis at the same time... But, let's think of it as a place for the sake of simplicity. She thought back to the debates the priests and witches would have at Hag Fen over this idea. With so many different wolves coming from different sects, conflicts on this would spark heated, sometimes violent, debates amidst the coven. Potema never involved herself in debates on that matter — why did it have to be one official thing anyway? The Void holds both the souls of Sithis' faithful and those whose lives were taken by the Dark Brotherhood. The former enjoy it as a paradise; the latter...some might call it hell for them. But, Mother's soul is there. And yes, through this, I can speak to her, since it belonged to her in life. She knows what Sithis says. She will tell me. Potema was certain that, if she followed the rules for the ritual, she would be able to contact Mother through the bone. The messages would be vague and the first experience would be frightening, she knew, but any chance to speak to mother again would be worth the risk.

Potema felt a glimmer of sadness at the thought that Meldresi's last two children would never know her. But it couldn't be helped, she thought. She could teach Kendra all she knew, for Meldresi's sake. Mother was enigmatic. One could never truly know what she was thinking. And yet, she held herself with regal dignity. She was calm, serene most of the time. But she was scary as hell when she got mad. Potema thought, remembered the few times her mother's mask of tranquility slipped. She was motherly too, not just to you and your brother, or me, Damien and Cicero. She advised everyone. She assessed the situation and gave good advice; she was a great teacher. She knew a lot more than I do, even now. I wish she taught me more. She murmured longingly, rolling the bone gently in her paw. That was her one true regret, the only thing that made her angry at Mother. Why didn't she teach me everything?!
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra let out a soft 'oh'. She got it now. It sounded like something her father used to talk about it when going to bed, only a bit, because he did not talk often about their mother. For Kendra it was a bit of a pity but she could understand that her father would miss her mother a lot. It had all been very fresh and he only tarted about it recently. The way Potema explained it was more clear to her. The girl nodded slowly, keeping her keen pale eyes on the female with some curiosity.

However, Potema telling her that she could talk to mother was something that made her wonder. She was not sure if talking to the dead was possible, but what did she know? She tried talking to her mother's bones but she never returned. "Can you tell her that ---," she started but then she realized that she didn't know what she wanted to say to her mother. "I wish I could see her," she then admitted to her sister. It was unfair that she didn't get to know her mother while everyone thought she was so great.

Kendra frowned at Potema's last words. She disliked that the girl spoke such wishes out loud that she wanted to be trained more by her mother. How about her? Kendra hadn't even known het mother let alone learned things from her. She let out a soft scowl. Maybe it was a hint of jealously that was there for the first time seeing that Kendra never had something she needed to be jealous about.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema sighed, turning her face away from her smaller sister and towards the forest, leaving Kendra's wish to be unanswered in the wind. What could she say anyway? Besides, all this talk of her mother made her paws itch to be back on Blackfeather soil. As she longed, she barely caught the sound of her sister scowling. Potema turned her face towards Kendra, her eyebrows raised as she scrutinized the Rochester-dotted female, then she rose to her feet. Come. We've talked enough about the past. It's time for me to return. Potema scooped her mother's pelvis into her jaws, then looked down at the youngest Melonii. Lead me home. She commanded through the bone, expecting her sister to listen to her authority.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra was not sure how her sister spoke to her. Like she was some minority that would have to guide her way. The girl flicker her tail, also disagreeing with the fact they talked enough of the past. She scowled deeper at her so called sister. "You can wait at the border as I get my father," she stated to the pale girl, face not looking very happy. The girl dashed off leaving her sister without a goodbye to get her father. Seeing that this was something really big for their family she would do it otherwise she might not have listened to the stranger that knew a lot about her mother.

-end-
Peculiar Little Thing