Blackfeather Woods Welcome back to the Gamiest Grumps that you know
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Joining 
She's back! @Kendra (slight-PP) @Burke @Damien @Cicero @Pietro I guess I should label this as a joining?

Potema walked towards the dark forest of her birth, trailing far behind her younger sister as Kendra disappeared into the forest to find Burke. Just like she had when she entered Teekon Wilds, the white witch felt a change in the air around her. This place was strong in magic, dark or otherwise, and with the return of mother's bone, it would be closely tied to the Void. Potema could feel a shiver vibrate the bone in her teeth and felt it travel down her spine as the dark forest embraced her once more.

Once they were near Blackfeather borders, Potema stopped and set the bone and the herbs she had collected down and waited, unwilling to step back into her home without the approval of her family. It was no longer her pack and she had no idea how much had changed since she had left. Faces could be the same, faces could have changed. She had no clue, but she wanted Burke to see her and accept her as one of his own once more before she declared herself a member. She laid down, waiting for Kendra to return, but she couldn't wait any longer to announce her return vocally. The witch tossed back her head and howled, long and full of joy.

I'm home!
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
It was not because Kendra retrieved him that Cicero came, but because he heard his sister's howl, cheerful and full of life and joy. He wondered if she was simply happy to be home or if time away from the darkened woods had truly lifted her spirits. There was still a limp in his step, although the festering wounds on his right leg had dried up and hardened. No more pus and blood dripped from them, but they still stuck out from his leg, clearly indicating the reason for his limp. Cicero himself paid them no mind as he started making his way towards his sister.

As he reached her, Cicero stepped towards her and pressed his nose against her cheek in a warm gesture. "Welcome home," he murmured, feeling strange and distant since it had been so long since he had last seen his sister. Cicero did not feel poorly towards her for departing on such a whim; each wolf had their own manners, and that had been her way to cope... So how could he blame her for being who she was?
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
@Potema could you change your post? Because Kendra already left Potema in their last thread :) So she can't really say to Kendra to get Burke because Kendra is not there! :)

The girl ran through the forest, she was not much of a runner. She liked to take it slow. She had disliked the pale female's tone but decided to deal with it for now. She let out a howl for her father, looking at several of the places he could be. He found him at one of the caches, placing another small piece of meat into it. "Father! It is Potema! She has returned!,' She called out to him before she was coming to a stop. The girl did not wag her tail or looked overly excited. The young female stopped before him. "She requested your presence to let her back in," she explained.

The girl then moved back to the direction she was coming from. Looking over her shoulder if he father was coming. It was after all a big moment. She realized that. The girl would keep her pace with that of his dad, though verbally guiding him to where he could find Potema.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked up when he heard Kendra call out for him. His head turned to her, about to greet her, when the female instantly spoke what was happening. Potema had returned! Burke jumped to his feet. "Really?," he asked. He was pleased to see his other daughter. Even though she might not biologically his like Kendra was, he still felt that way about the pale girl.

Burke followed his daughter to his other daughter. It was not really a question if he would let her back in. Of course she was welcomed home. When he arrived Cicero had already been there. Burke had only eyes for Potema though. "Potema!," he called out and then approached her. "Good to have you back! We missed you," he spoke to her.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Since Damien is a PPC I will write some of his actions but you guys are welcome to as well (is that how it works?)

Potema's howl did not go unheard. Her brothers arrived one after the other, and Potema's eye widened slightly at the scars marring Cicero. Scars on Damien were normal for her, but on Cicero? Her quiet, philosophical brother? What had happened to him? Why were they festering so? Questions flew through Potema's mind, but she decided that she was too excited to be home to worry about them now. They were questions that could be asked for laster, wounds that could be tended too when the stores were stocked and Potema had settled. For now Potema returned the warm gesture, pressing against him, licking his cheek. I'm glad to see you. She murmured to Cicero, then stepped up to Damien and licked his face, her tail wagging.

Burke arrived quickly, following Kendra, his familiar bunny tail wagging in that hilarious way. Potema smiled at her step-father, stepping forward to greet him physically, nuzzling his shoulder and licking his cheek. Dad, she said, smiling. I'm home. And I brought a gift. She turned and grabbed the pelvis a few lengths behind her and placed it front of Burke. It's mother's.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
There was little more to say than a welcome home for Cicero. When Burke appeared he made space for his Alpha, taking a respectful step back. He glanced at Damien at his brother's approach and settled himself at the frays of the family meeting, content just to watch them for a while. Content that his family was pieced together once more.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra watched Potema greet her father and she couldn't help to be a bit jealous, normally she would not really feel this way but she had been gone and she was daddy's girl, not Potema. Burke was not ever her father. Kendra stepped a bit in the background like her brother. She gravitated more towards both of her brothers. Then she wondered where Pietro was. Maybe doing his own thing. The girl watched how Potema showed the bone to her father, curious how he would react to her gift. She knew he was still sad about her death. He sometimes looked at bit lost, for her that was normal but she wished she could have seen him and her mother together.
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke smiled when Potema seemed to happy to see him again. He was pretty excited too when she greeted him. He had missed her being around the pack. She was still quite the character and without her this was not really Black Feather, just like the loss of her mother. Potema brought them a gift and Burke looked down at it curiously. He knew that it was hers, so strange to think that it had been inside of her. Yet now it was littered with engravings he did not know or understood. "That is ... great! Though what is it for? The signs I mean," he asked.

The dark male looked at the others, pleased that they were all there, but it also saddened him. Now he only missed Meldresi more. He had adopted these three, and well, even though Kendra was his own it was still strange that she did not have her mother. She was starting to look more like her every day. Burke's eyes saddened a bit, showing it because he was in the presence of the one he would call his family. Burke let out a soft sigh because he still missed her.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema, though delighted to be back amidst her true family — her blood family — still felt disconnected to them. Of course she was — she had been gone for more than a month, she missed a lot — but that still didn't excuse that sense of isolation she felt even though she was practically pressed between them all. Potema looked up at her father's eyes and saw the sudden wash of sadness overcome the joy he had before. You idiot. Of course he wasn't over Meldresi, because you still weren't! Potema sucked up the mental beratings and spoke, sounding very much like her mother: official, sure of herself, calm, mystical.

The witches...they enchanted it. She had been there for the ritual and was amazed by the dexterity they exhibited as they worked on the bone. They never taught her that, for she didn't stay the full term, but she slightly wished that she did. They said that it could be used to connect to the Void through Mother...but still, it's very powerful.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero remained silent, and watched as Kendra joined by his side and the conversation between Burke and Potema continued on. He remained at the side, for he felt detached from the scene and felt he had little to ask his sister. She would tell that which she wanted to tell and, for now, she was still talking to Burke. The information shared was interesting, and so he remained, though the conversation did not entail him.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra quickly realized that there wouldn't be paid much attention to her. Not that she minded, she didn't really adore the limelight. She liked it but did not crave it. Kendra stepped a bit back nodding to her two brothers in goodbye as her father and Potema were talking. It was clear that they needed some time to catch up and she was not really interested in hearing it. In her jealously she decided that she rather wanted to be on her own, sulking. The girl vanished into the shadows, leaving the group, maybe she was going to look for Pietro.

- Kendra Exit -
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looking instantly interested in what Potema was saying. He could not believe what she was saying, frankly he didn't even want to believe it. The large male was pretty hard to convince on these things but when it came to Potema and her mother he had always been a believer. He wanted to believe that she could talk to Meldresi. Burke missed her terribly. He wished to talk to her. To have her close again. He knew Kendra and Pietro would leave his den soon and Burke dreaded the day he would have to sleep alone. He liked the warmth. He liked to snuggle.

"You could talk to her? Can I talk to her?," he sounded so eager. The father didn't even notice that his youngest daughter was slipping away from the scene. Not that he was going to call her back, he raised his pups to be pretty independent. If she didn't want to be here so be it.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The excitement Burke had on his face almost killed her inside. She too wanted to see her mother, but she doubted that she did as much as Burke did. Potema was saddened by the fact that she hadn't tried it, but was determined to try anyway. I haven't attempted the spell as of yet. I know the ritual inside and out, but... She soon realized her mistake in hard-headedly wanting to wait until she came home to try the spell. Why not try it in front of the witches who could instruct her in how to do it properly? I wanted to wait until I came home first. This is where mother passed. The connection here is much stronger than it was in Hag Fen. Damn her stupidity, but it was too late now. She had to try, didn't she?
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
feel free to skip over me. :) cicero is just going to be quiet for now anyway.

Cicero noticed Kendra depart, and he imagined that this conversation did not interest her as much as it did him. Cicero watched and listened eagerly; he found the subjects they discussed rather interesting, and wondered if Potema could really talk to their mother. He had little interest in such things himself, but he could understand Burke's sentiments behind it. Cicero waited and listened in silence; he did not mind being forgotten and excluded, for it made for easier listening in on many occassions.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had his ears perked up with interest, in fact the male might never have looked so attentive while listening to someone. The dark male was clearly eager for this to happen. Meldresi left too soon and he missed her. He had the idea that this could not be possible, but he could always hope. Which was a strange thought, for him especially.

"It is alright Potema," he spoke. "But when you try it will you please include me? I wish to talk to her. Is it only talking? Or can I see her too?," he asked, his voice sounded hopeful. He wanted to have her close again. Life wasn't the same without her.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema nodded. I will. When she was ready, she would be sure to call Burke before she began. He needed to be there, as well as someone else to help pull her out if she began to sink too deep into the spell. She had seen it happen and claim the mind of one girl in Hag Fen. She wouldn't let herself become a dribbling idiot just to speak to her mother. But for now, I am glad to be home. She nuzzled Burke's face again, glad to see her father and brothers again after so long in the company of strangers.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nosed through her fur and nodded in approval. He was excited to start these trails and work on getting to communicate with his mate, well, ex-mate. He was a widower after all. "I am glad you are home too," he spoke to her and nudged her a bit more. "Lets get you cozy inside of the territory with some food. You will probably be starving after your travels," Burke spoke, looking at Damien and Cicero that they were invited too.