Firefly Ravine Alone Again
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
Zephyr stalked along the borders, keeping his big head close to the splash of white on his chest and letting his paws fall quietly. He was very near the mountains, and felt his paws ache for the comfort of smooth stone beneath him, solid and dependable, not to mention the silence of it compared to the rustling forest. His grassy eyes raked across the border, looking for anyone waiting or other disturbances. His patrol had been quiet so far, and he continued to follow the border and sniff around, scenting and listening as far as he could. He'd found himself bored, with so few wolves occupying Seadog Sanctuaries territory, and had divided his time between strengthening bonds and protecting his new home. The latter wasn't very exciting, but it was better than wandering around uselessly until he came upon someone. Plus, being the only other male next to the alpha, he felt compelled to do everything he could to protect even more so. Sometimes he hunted, filling whatever cache he was closest to at the time, but most of his time went to patrolling and scoping out their lands. The ebony male couldnt help but sigh and talk to himself.
         "I joined a pack to be less lonely, make new friends, and here I am walking around on my own as always. The only difference now is that I'm walking the SAME land, not even sightseeing."
He didn't at all regret his decision, but he couldn't help but wonder if he made the right choice. He liked everyone here, but was he ready to settle down and give his loyalty to someone else? Or had the last months twisted his soul into that of a wandering alpha without his pack? Perhaps his scarring was just too much. The more time he spent alone and in the same place, the more his memories haunted him.
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Hope you don't mind me! Also, tagging @Depp and @Sen for visibility for now :)

Warbone headed towards the coast once more. The salt on the sea air eased him, and besides that he had a line of business to take care of. If he planned on settling anywhere around here, then he needed to personally scope out the nearby packs rather than skirting them entirely. If he waited too long, conflict could subject him to failure before he even had a chance at triumph. The tip of his tail twitched back and forth, the only notion about him that suggested he was anything but calm as he ventured forward at a slow, even pace. He was in no rush, having to consider what he would say and how he would present himself upon arrival— and there was little room for mistake.

The afternoon had drawn upon him before his arrival near Seadog Sanctuary, and rather than the lone wolf having to call for an audience, he fortuitously found a patroller. Chuffing, the ranging wolf stood still and neutrally as he drew the dark male's attention and respectfully beckoned his company.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It wasn't long before the big ebony wolf came across another male. He wasn't crossing the border, and didn't seem aggressive; Zephyr approached with caution. He could not help but hold himself tall, his tail lax but held high and ears perked towards the summons, placing each snowy sock in front of the other. He stopped as his paws touched the border, gazing at this newcomer with calm grassy eyes. He wasn't beta, or even Gamma, but he was next most dominant as Delta: seeing as he was the only one around, he felt he had a right to challenge and protect against those at his borders, and that instinct was driven tenfold as he reminded himself for the thousandth time that he and Depp were the only two males so far. What did this one want? He was shorter than Zephyr by a bit, but probably not much smaller. 
         "You needed something?"
He couldn't help the friendliness in his voice despite his dominant pose, nor the bounce in his step. He wasn't going to be aggressive with someone who could possibly strengthen their ranks, but he was also smart enough to not give out any important information, or make himself or Seadog look weak. On top of that, the big male was just naturally friendly: he believed in the innocence of others, giving them respect and trust right off the bat. Should he be proven otherwise though, he knew he had a nasty bite that went well with his rare temper, and he would not hesitate to protect his pack.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
With her mother out hunting, Rain was by herself and wanted to explore Seadog in it's finest. Rustling threw the long grass, she soon caught a scent in the distance, it was familiar and musky and as she tracked further, she saw Zephyr in the distance. Smiling from ear to ear, she scuttled closer, ready to pounce in play but saw a rusty grey smaller wolf opposite him.  Stopping in her tracks, she grew nervous, did they want to hurt them? She started to retreat but thought something, what if there were more of them? Deciding the best option would be in a protective space, she waddled over to Zephyr, whining slightly at the stranger. Rain pushed her skull into the males chest worriedly.
'Who's he?' 
Her semi coloured eyes stared the new wolf inquisitively, studying his posture and stance.  

OCC: 
Hope you don't mind me joining. :) 
385 Posts
Ooc —
O' course not, Nico! Good to RP with ya :D

The black wolf approached the burly red loiterer, holding himself appropriately tall and as confident as he wanted to be, but Warbone knows on instinct that this not the wolf he needs to speak to. Neither is the young wolf that joins him before he has a chance to respond— she is a mottled creature; as wide-eyed and curious-sounding as her age suggests— and he watches her interestedly before turning bland eyes back on the dark male before him. "I have come to have a chat with you leaders. I intend to settle in the area and have ordained myself to establishing a relationship with the wolves already established here— so that my stay might be peaceable, and perhaps... mutually beneficial for the both of us."

He blinks languidly, his tail swaying slowly. "My name is Warbone." He thought to ask them of themselves, but he chose instead to wait patiently for a response before trying to have a conversation. Although, he was curious to know how settled and satisfied they were here— and he was a wolf that would take advantage of any weakness here. If they were dissatisfied, Warbone would seek to whisk them away to his self-perpetuated sense of havenship.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Rains appearance set Zephyr on edge, feeling even more protective of the land. He put one paw over her, kind of scooting the little wolf dog underneath his tall frame. He just hoped shed understand the danger of a strange male and keep put. He thought about what Warbone said, wanting to settle a pack. Seadog was new itself, with only a few wolves to swell their ranks, but that was not in Zephyrs place to say such things. It would be his alphas decision on how much about their sanctuary would be told. He set loose a howl for @Depp or @Sen, knowing they would show as soon as they could.
         "Wise of you, scoping out the area first. What will your packs morals be?"
He was, naturally, curious. Months of travel didn't help, and the massive ebony wolf couldn't help but be curious. 
                   "I'm Zephyr." 
He made sure to keep his grasy eyes alternating between the stranger and Rain, not sure who to actually watch to provide top protection.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Distance placed between herself and the sanctuary's claim had been a necessary thing when she'd discovered the result of her brief fling with her co-leader. Away she'd traveled, neither for the first nor the last time, and away she'd stayed for several day's passing. When she'd finally decided to return—it was only to freshen up her scent around the land, ensure no one with the audacity to challenge her place there might think her to be dead—her pace was slowed and not at all eager. It'd taken her longer than it should have to reach the borders once more, and she'd naught even a chance to step over the imaginary line before a howl had sounded from in the distance. Since it's intended recipients were both herself and Depp, she'd contemplated ignoring it and continuing onward. The temptation was certainly there, that she might slip in and assure her heart was still beating, only to leave again directly after. In the end, however, she'd given in to her faint sense of duty and tilted her own head back, howling back to assure the caller knew she was on her way. Directly after, she began her trek in Zephyr's direction, moving just within Seadog's claim.

It'd taken less time than expected for the small grouping of canines to be spotted, and Sen had then quickened her pace in order to get the encounter done and over with before Depp had the chance to arrive. By then, her pregnancy could already be concluded by sight alone, which made her eager to avoid her male counterpart at all costs. Thus, it was with her head and tail raised high that she'd approached, silently identifying herself as one of two whose presences had been requested. Amber eyes worked the outsider over before she'd said anything, though, examining his build and overall size without even a hint of shame. When her moment of gazing had reached an end, she'd moved her gaze up to rest upon his face. "What's your reasoning for being here?" came her query, having been too far off before to have heard of his plans. Presently, her assumption was that he'd come to join them, even if his posture was not one of submission. Of course, with that thought in mind, he held her focus, as she'd hoped they might claim for themselves a capable body from a seemingly pure bloodline.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Depp hadn't been doing anything of importance, so when Zephyr's call was heard he was quick to it. Quick to start in the direction that is, his pace was a simple swagger. Upon arriving he first noticed Sen, and then the new face on the edge of his border. He didn't tense up, nor higher his posture to show much dominance at all—holding his non-chalant glow. His expression did alter though, in a puzzled facade. Taking his place beside his co-leader, he didn't manage to show up when she asked her inquiry. Instead of asking Zephyr his reasoning to howl for them he looked at the newcomer. "Who are you?" He almost sounded offended of the man's presence, he didn't mind him at all though. Him showing up allowed the pirate to escape whatever boredom he was ensuing earlier. It wasn't until after speaking did he realize Rain was also here, and he gave the girl a look of acknowledgment before returning his gaze to the other male.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
As more wolves began to arrive, Rain scooted backwards into Zephyrs ebony fur. Glancing towards Warbone, she gave him a comforting smile as the alphas arrived. Noticing Depp's nod, she grinned at him as well while nodding also. She felt special to be acknowledged. Watching all the wolves together, she waited in anticipation for what would arise from the alpha's questioning.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Before he could appropriately reply to the newly introduced Zephyr, two wolves, having responded to the Seadog's howl, arrived to greet him. Though it was appropriate to feel uncomfortable or wary in the face of three adults and a timid adolescent, Warbone was easy and resolved, momentarily muted and respectful only in the way he didn't seek to assert his dominant personality in this situation. He was a naturally an intimidating wolf, but he stood as lankly as possible, keeping his provocation abated for now. The small, reassuring smile given to him by the mottled girl was not missed, and he looked at her fondly, before speaking once more.

"My name is Warbone," he repeated to his new audience. The two arrivals commanded the area, it was easy enough for him to tell, and though he was mistaken, he assumed that the dark she-wolf led here and the sable male was her second. With this in mind, his eyes lingered on her most. "I have come to let you and your wolves know of my intention to settle nearby. I find myself unable to settle in the middling ranks of any pack, so I seek to found and contend with my own." Motioning over his left shoulder, he mentioned Raven's Watch. "The shadow of the mountain appeals to me, but in its proximity to you, I am more inclined to settle across the ravine... Assuming that there is no ill will towards me from your brood."
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
At his alpha's appearance, the big crow black male lowered his head to nuzzle Rain, though he kept it lowered over her, and his tail was no longer high up. He gave a respectful nod to each of his alphas before turning his highly curious grassy gaze back to Warbone. He understood not being able to settle in a pack, having found it a struggle so far to be submissive after years of leading a pack. The mountain also appealed to his heart, and it slightly saddened him to think Warbone was willing to give that up just because it was close to the sanctuaries borders. He didn't say so, not in the presence of his alphas.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Just like that, her hopes had been demolished. She'd not been quick enough, neither in approaching nor getting through the conversation. No, she'd been too slow, and knew she would pay for it after having noticed Depp's arrival. If it weren't for the fact that they had a guest, perhaps she would have departed right away, but she could not risk coming off as overly rude. Especially so was the case when the male revealed who he was and what his intentions were. She could then think of him as nothing more than a thoughtful being, for he'd taken the extra step necessary and had approached the sanctuary. Not even they, who were so strongly against war, had done so prior to settling within the ravine, which made her wonder if perhaps they should have. An agreement could have possibly been made with the coastal wolves ahead of time, a beneficial treaty that would have satisfied both sides... oh, well, it was too late now. Already had they settled, and already had a meeting been held.

Had Sen known his reasoning for treating her as his main focal point, she would have been flattered, initially, and then played along with such a belief. As it was, she'd always viewed herself as a being of superiority, and absolutely loved it when others saw her in the same light—even if this was only slight with believing her to be the main leader of the ravine, while Depp was thought to serve as her second. "Since you came over here to tell us this, is it safe to assume that you're against the idea of wars and useless fighting in general?" Sen had asked, keeping her gaze on him. Her posture had since become a bit more neutral, posing no ill intents towards the newly appointed guest of honour. "Because if so, then you won't have any problems from our side. As long as neither pack is provoked or acted against with bad intentions, then I have no issue with you residing close to our claim." For this, she did not consult Depp, already knowing he was against physical confrontations. If they could live in peace, then all would be well.
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Depp couldn't care less if Sen was mistaken to be the higher Alpha, all that mattered to him was the he was. He gave a simple shrug of the shoulders, "Just don't bite us, and we won't bite you." This was perfect, especially with Saltwinter's thought that they could use Seadog because they were established prior to his coming to Teekon. "Perhaps we could discuss a deal..." He lingered a bit, allowing Warbone to be interested in what he had to say before he could even say it.  It was benefitting for the wolf to travel and ask packs of his aspirations, building structure before it was even made. He, too, thought of what him and Sen could have done different when the Sanctuary was just a goal in their heads. 

Ugh, short post is short
385 Posts
Ooc —
"You are correct," he rumbled to nameless alpha female; "I have zero desire for conflict, and shall remain unbothersome as long as I am left unbothered." She further confirmed that they would be as neutral as they were treated, and her male companion parroted as much with a passive shrug. Warbone nodded. These wolves would not be trouble as long as he kept his own recruits in line. He still didn't feel fond of the idea of settling too close to them, but as the male mentioned the brokering of a deal, the soon-to-be-alpha did not pass over the thought so quickly. "A deal?" he inquired, fishing for details. He waited to ask for their names the name of their pack, once something had been discussed. He was only interested in knowing these things if an alliance formed here.
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr was glad to know that neither wanted conflict, but the feeling crashed when Depp asked for a deal. What did he have planned? The ebony male still wasnt sure if he would be able to speak here, much as it burned his soul to not put in his opinion. Had he never been made alpha, perhaps he'd have made a wonderful subordinate, or at least tolerate it. Not now, however, not after tasting freedom and power. If the two dark alphas of Seadog had not saved him, the massive male would have taken off as soon as he was stable. Intstead, however, he turned to Sen to see her opinion.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
At the mention of a deal, the woman's head had turned, regarding her co-leader for a moment or so before stealing the show. Never had she considered toying around with mutually beneficial deals in the past, but with the sanctuary there came a new start, as well as new opportunities. Perhaps it would not be the worst of ideas to form some sort of alliance, as she suspected Depp had already considered. Though it was assumed to have been his idea, she'd swooped in to take it as her own, speaking then as if she'd been thinking the same thing the entire time. "A deal that might benefit the both of us," she'd continued, picking up where the man had left off. "Something like an alliance. If one side is ever in need, then the other will assist them and vice versa. Neither would be allowed within the other's territory unless given direct permission to do so, though." Even partners needed well-established boundaries.

Continuing, she said, "If either one of us or our wolves happen across the other's, or are sought out specifically by them, then we hear them out or help in whatever way possible." Truthfully, Sen could not decide for sure just how fond she was of the idea at first, but the longer she continued to think about it, the better it sounded. They would be friends, in a way, but not family. Thereafter she went silent, giving Warbone a chance to speak, as well as leaving it open for him to add on to their potential arrangement.
385 Posts
Ooc —
My bad for the wait!

The sable woman drew his attention again, this time on purpose, and his muzzle angled towards her as she stole the potential thunder of her co-leader. His tail swayed thoughtfully, reminded unhappily of his time with the Dragons, but Warbone did not often let his emotions dictate his actions. It was logical to have an ally, and if he were to reside near, then it would be advantageous to have help. "I have no answer for your proposal this moment," he admitted without haste, mulling over his words even as he said them. "But once I have found settlement, we will revisit the subject." A promise he intended to keep, though would give no timeline for. Who knew how long it would take for him to settle in finally. He looked over the party briefly, adults and child alike, and then rested his stale eyes on Sen again. "I will call for you," he said almost explicitly to her, and then the copper wolf turned slowly, taking up a heavy lope that took him in a path directly away from the Sanctuary's bounds.