Broken Antler Fen It's never too late to change our luck
"I don't need saving," Arya Stark
75 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
being vague since she just joined, anyone's welcome!

Kareja padded along through the undergrowth, nose sniffing not for prey but for plant life. She knew quite a bit about plants, edible ones that is, and had even resorted to an omnivorous diet when she could find plants she liked. 

Upon spotting a bramble of blackberries she grinned widely, they were her favorite. She plucked a few to eat, saving the rest to come back for. Kareja had big plans for becoming a Naturalist which caused her to mark this area distinctly with a cairn of stacked stones. 

The arctic wolf continued her search until coming across an open, clear area that wasn't too far from water. It would be sufficient in growing plants, perfect for her own secret little garden. 

Small white paws dug into the soil, beginning to dig deep furrows for the beginnings of her tiny farm.
The lion and the tiger may be mightier but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk sat, curiously the female as she began to dig. He was confused, what was she doing? He didn't mind it of Course, it fascinated him. 

He was a little distance away from her, only partly hidden and could still be seen if you looked in the right spot. Horosk had watched this wolf be accepted on the borders, her name was Kareja, if he was not mistaken.
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja didn't notice Horosk watching her from some ways off, her mind focused on the task of digging. She backed her way to and fro across the clearing, digging furrows in the rich soil as she went.

Kareja began to hum softly to herself, thinking she was alone, before singing as she worked. "Can you see it? The worst is over, the monsters in my head are scared of love. Fallen people, listen up. It's never too late to change our luck,"she went back to humming as she didn't remember the rest of the words. Kareja had always had a beautiful voice but the shy female would never sing in front of people. She usually became a stuttering mess when she tried.

She stopped after she finished digging, smiling contendly at her finished masterpiece. There were four small furrows, about two foot long apiece in neat even rows. Now she was ready for the second step, planting seeds. Kareja turned to go find the blackberries, spotting the half hidden wolf behind her. Letting out a yelp of fear, she jerked as she was startled.
The lion and the tiger may be mightier but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk listened to her sing. What a beautiful voice she has, he thought to himself. As she started to hum, Horosk focused again on what she was doing.

He froze as Kareja turned and saw him. He sheepishly stepped out from the shadows, feeling stupid. He felt his fur grow hot. "I....Uhhh....S-Sorry, I didn't mean to...startle you..." He paused for a second, then added "You... have a l-lovely voice...." If wolves could go red, Horosk wouldn't have been able to get any redder.
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja watched as the male approached, recognizing him as Horosk. He was one of the two males she had met on the border, she now knew that he was Iota of the pack she had joined: Broken Antler Fen. Realizing he was higher in rank than she, Kareja dipped her head respectfully.

She hadn't really gotten a chance to speak with him when they first met at the border, coming close now to sniff him. She moved away, eyes down shyly. "I'm Kareja,"she introduced herself softly, unsure if he already knew her name. 

Had she been human, Kareja would have been blushing as red as a raspberry. As it was she ducked her head bashfully, a small smile gracing her features as she scuffled the dirt with a paw. "Thank you."
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk shuffled on his paws. Why was he so nervous? This wasn't like him! He glanced up at Kareja, unsure what to say. "Nice name," he replied, though he had heard her say it at the borders.

As Kareja said thank you, Horosk managed more of a smile "You're.... welcome."
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja had always been a cripplingly shy girl, she had no clue what to say next. Her blue eyes darted around the clearing as if the trees held the answers to her predicament. Maybe he was shy too, or maybe he just didn't like her. Her ears dropped a little at the thought, she wanted him to like her for some unknown reason.

"So uh what do you do for fun?" The arctic wolf attempted to make small talk, putting forth an effort to befriend this quiet male. She found herself thinking that he was attractive, glancing over his brownish coat and golden eyes appreciatively.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk moved his ears back and forth, listening to her speak. "Well... I like hunting, and sparring sometimes.... but.." He couldn't think what to say next. He silently puffed in annoyance. He wanted to seem confident, though he really was not.

He spoke again "What about you?" Horosk said, hoping to switch the attention off himself. He glanced at her, gazing at her eyes. They were a beautiful shade of blue, he noticed. Unlike his own boring brown eyes.
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja smiled kindly,"Those are interesting hobbies." It was so cute, the way he seemed flustered around her. At least she wasn't the only one nervous here. Maybe that was normal for him though.

"Me?" She wasn't sure why she was surprised he had recriprocated her question. No one ever really cared enough to bother with the shy female to ask about her past times. "I like plants, but you could probably tell that. Other than that I like to swim and I like stargazing too." Things about nature fascinated her to no end, as proved by her passionate tone when talking about stars.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk smiled "Stars are pretty amazing..." He said. He didn't know much about them, but they did fascinate him. He wondered how many stars there were, he always looked and tried to count them at night, but he always lost count.

"What kind of trades do you want?" He asked. He wanted to talk to her, but he felt shy around her. He pushed away his thoughts and forced himself to talk to her, besides, he did want to know what trades she might be working on.
75 Posts
Ooc —
"I want to become a Naturalist. Sebastian has offered to teach me to become a Caregiver in exchange for growing his herbs,"she informed him, smiling about the offer she was given. 

"What of you?" Kareja glanced over him, trying to guess what it would be. If she had to pick she would probably assume he was going for Hunter or Mercenary.