Broken Antler Fen First Report
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
Ambrosia was cursing to herself as she searched the fen for her alpha. She let loose a howl for @Sebastian and hoped he was close. She'd forgotten to discuss her first mission with him at the borders, and she just hadn't seen him afterwards. The mission, of course, hadn't been much. Not crucial, and certainly hadn't been dangerous even if it'd had the potential to be. She was still upset that she hadn't met the alpha male, but Fox stood out in her mind like a cardinal in a flock of crows. For some reason, she had it set in her mind that she'd have ended up exactly like Fox if she'd have stayed home.... Why? No idea. Her fierceness in defending what was hers, maybe? The obvious picture of a happy, healthy female who now ruled over her own wolves? Many things came to mind, but the black and tan female just couldn't decided which one of the many possibilities was likely. She continued to stalk across the southern art of the fen, coming close to the borders and looking out for any trespassers or joiners.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian heard the howl and trotted forward. He realized he had not talked to Ambrosia yet, and the male was very keen on paling to her, wondering how things went after all. The large male made his way through the territory to find Ambrosia.

Eventually he came closer and saw her un ahead. He went into a run to catch up. "Hey! Sorry, busy time with being an alpha," he admitted and then smiled at her. "So tell me," he smiled.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
At last! Heavy paws pounded behind her, but she'd scented him first. She slowed and turned her head as he got closer, smile already splitting her face. Here came Sebastian, and he seemed excited to talk to her. Not as eager as she, of course, but his enthusiastic arrival gave her another jolt of energy. After apologizing, he seemed to read her mind for why she'd called and jumped right to the point. She chuckled and sat where she was, looking quite proud of herself as she launched into the tale that was only exciting in her mind. 
             "Well, I didn't get to meet Peregrine. Fox, though, she must've been pretty close cause she tore out of nowhere and came at me. I tossed the antlers to her and lowered myself, and that seemed to gain neutral ground with her. She didn't look much at the gifts, but I'm sure she did after I turned my back. I told her about how you'd settled here and that we wanted peace between packs. She clearly informed me that the best way to do so was to basically pretend each other just don't exist. I made myself scarce and that was that. She seemed.... Confused, though. You said you left on good terms?"
She could clearly remember Fox's confusion when she'd told her Sebastian sent gifts. Why was that?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian sat down and listened to her. He had to chuckle at the description of Fox because she really was like that. Her answers were also the same as he expected, somewhat at least. The dark colored male nodded slowly. That was a good idea. At least of ass kissing they would just ignore each other and deal with their own business.

"Thank you. If they want it like that then that is fine with me. We deal with our own business and they will do too," he explained. At least now he knew that he didn't need to fear the wrath of his former pack. "I think he was just confused that I was an alpha," he chuckled. "I did leave on good terms. I was a hard worker and a very loyal middle tier wolves. Their upper tier was full and I would never defy them. I was basically a member they could always rely on. I was even allowed to take on their family name Redhawk. When I expressed my feelings of wanting to leave to find a female for myself they were of course not too happy with the idea of losing a steady member, but they wanted me to be happy. So me leaving was technically natural, a young bachelor finding his own way. I don't think they saw me as a leading type back then," he smiled. "So Fox reaction is very logical to me. She wouldn't want a war or be violent towards us, but she also doesn't want to be close to us because I made my choice to leave them."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Sebastian explained, soothing her doubts. Of course her alpha wouldn't have sent her on a potentially dangerous mission! She couldn't think of Sebastian not a leader type though, he seemed like a wolf that was worth following. It was why she and Brandy had joined, so it was a little weird to think of the massive charcoal male NOT an alpha. His talk of tiers, however, made her wonder why his own were not filled yet. He had no mate, of course, so the lack of a female alpha was normal. But what about a BETA? Didn't all alphas pick at least one beta to help them out? 
      "Sebastian, don't alphas usually pick a beta?"
The more the tawny female thought about it, the more she thought she might want it. Why not, after all? There wasn't harm in trying for it, right? Her tone was lightly curious, and her yellow eyes were far off and suggesting that her thoughts were occupied. 

Is BAF one that accepts challenges for ranks?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
omg I literally almost messaged you about this. Haha. But then I disregarded it because I also maybe wanted Aduin as a beta (even though he is not that dominant) and then it would be logical to have brandy and Aduin as beta's... But ambrosia is like way better as a leader... Haha. So then after this struggle I decided to wait to see what happened IC'ly. XD

Edit: to answer your question, I think Sebastian would want to talk about it first and see if he could make something work xD

Sebastian slowly nodded at her question. "They do," he confirmed but he had another idea of making someone beta. Someone he could count on. Sebastian knew that ambrosia was becoming more of that type of wolf but with only a few months in this pack he wanted it fully stable first. "I first wanted my alpha female... Seeing how many of you females wanted me... I started to question if any of you females, sorry for saying it this way but I want to be honest with you, wanted the power and the breeding rights. I know it was the heat playing mostly but it unstabled us. By appointing anyone as beta so soon after all that it felt wrong and would probably have created some more drama. Maybe I am thinking too much about it. But I have been thinking about it. If you show the right example I might choose you as my beta. You have been a great help at the borders!"

Sebastian then looked at her. He was still thinking of asking Pearl as his mate. But if Ambrosia did not agree with that she might not be good beta material. If Ambrosia didn't like it what would that be for the rest of the pack. I was all so difficult when one was trying to be nice. He also liked his beta to give the right example, so he wanted his beta to at least have one trade.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Once Brandy grows up a bit she wont be as bad xD Shes just got puppy energy. I plan on having her grow up exactly the way her mother should have, if possible. Ambrosia might feel some way about her daughter being beta before her but that'll be interesting. Aduin I think would be a good beta, especially with Brandy making things a bit more difficult. She has a reason to be tempered down and he has a reason to be more protective. I actually meant in general but hey I won't complain. xD Like, if theres no beta how does one challenge for it?

Ambrosia could not deny that she was a little unstable, but it was not the breeding rights or power she was in it for.... Okay, maybe a bit of the power. She had to admit that being more dominant would make her feel important, but she didn't want to ever be consumed BY the power. Mainly though, it was her drive to serve the pack that made her want it. It was a better way to do such a thing, and the bonuses were just that: bonuses. She understood his choice to hold off on choosing one, but his final words actually surprised her. She was being considered for beta then, eh? It was something she'd wanted in her old pack. Hell, she was practically being raised to one day lead the pack. But after abandoning them and having Brandy, well, she wasn't at all sure it'd ever happen. Sure, she'd always wanted it, but more important things had taken rule of her life.  Sebastian might not have been asking her, per say, but knowing she was at least on the list made her hopes rise. Would  she really be able to live the life she gave up? Her lemon eyes were wide as her gaze settled firmly on the alpha, but she smiled.
       "Me? That wasn't something I expected, but I can't say I wouldn't be excited. I'm glad you're being honest, I wouldn't want my feelings spared and only get part of the information I need."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
No judgement to any of your characters of course x) Haha. You can't challenge the spot if there is no one I think? Ambrosia could step up to Sebastian and say she wants to be Beta etc ;D

Omg and with with BWP Ambrosia can have all the scout threads to scout for prey animals! 

Sebastian nodded, this only confirmed that Ambrosia was more than mature enough to not be offended by words that didn't even mean to be harsh. Sebastian was glad for it. It had been another case with a few other wolves. "Well, it is not a conformation yet, but I have been thinking about it and I've been on the look out. Once you are a scout we can maybe see if there are some more responsibilities in the pack you can do. How does that sound?," he offered to her.

Sebastian then paused briefly there was something else he had been meaning to discuss with her. "And, well, talking about that alpha female. What do you think about Pearl? She has been a good friend of mine, even before this pack started, and I think I have been blind for a long time.... because... she was always there and she give these great advises and... you think she would be a good Co-Alpha? Would you accept her as your alpha?," he asked, sounding a bit unsure about it, because she had a crush on him before and he did not want to hurt her feelings, he was curious about her opinion.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia smiled, nodding at the massive male. The more responsibilities she had, honestly, the better. It was what she truly strived for, no matter what. True, Brandy came first and foremost, but Sebastian's will was a sure second. Her pack surpassed even her own needs, but never her children. It was the way things had to be if she was to keep her sanity, after all. Her father had raised and trained her like this, and its not as if she was unhappy like this. She still had freedom of course, perhaps less than in MidnightShadow but honestly she had what she needed.
      "That sounds like a great plan, Sebastian."
His next words didn't surprise her, but she was worried he was only promoting her because of feelings towards the white female. If he was being honest with her, she could do the same. No feelings spared, right? She wouldn't admit it, but she was scared of being turned against yet again, and would have to uproot and leave for the millionth time. 
                   "I think she'd adjust and be a good alpha. I have to admit that she helped me through a bit of a rough spot, and I respect her a good deal. To accept her before seeing though, that wouldn't be a very good idea. I can promise to give her a chance, Sebastian, and that is all."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pleased that Ambrosia was agreeing with his plan. It made his life as an alpha that much easier. The large male tried to do his best, he had not fully settled in the role of an alpha. He tried his utter best of course, but there was a lot he needed to consider. Sebastian nodded at her, and then the next topic came. The one about Pearl.

The male let out a soft sigh in relief. "Thank you," he spoke. "And that would be more than understandable. I think I will just have to make my move then," he spoke, sounding a bit unsure about it. He cleared his throat. Of course she was liking him. She had confirmed that already! "You did a good first report, Am. Thank you. Hopefully there will be more."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Feel free to archive or respond one more time <3

Ambrosia was more than relieved when Sebastian understood. She knew it'd been a bit bold to say to your alpha, but the charcoal male had wanted her opinion, after all, and she wouldn't lie to him. Not that she doubted Pearl, she truly thought the white female would grow to be a good alpha. There was always a chance, though, that she could cave under pressure: for better or worse. With Sebastian's influence, it was bound to be the former. She was a little upset, of course, because she really did like the massive alpha, but she'd moved on. It was another good thing to come of finding a new trade to pursue: she could forget about the male and maybe even meet someone who would share feelings. Then again, maybe she wouldn't ever meet anyone. Oh well. His next words of praise brought her attention back to him, and her tail thumped against the earth in pride.
"Anytime, Sebastian."