Phantom Hollow Call him Judas if you want, but he did it for reasons much older than silver
battle without honor or humanity
140 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW but hoping for leadership. Vague given the outcome of other threads

The locusts had come and swarmed the valley. At first Pallas had feared them; they were loud and they stung her sharply when they flew into her muzzle, her eyes, her flank and ears. They fell on trees and plants in dark gouts and when they rose and dissipated in a black swarm all that was left were wizened and shriveled sticks and stalks. As if something had come and sucked out the very marrow of life from them.

Pallas had originally tread carefully around these small hives, but now she stepped on them with vigor. She knew a lack of plants meant a lack of food -- hatefully she snapped at every winged pestilence she could. Earlier that morning she had secured not one but three hares, which had grown brazen in their attempts to find food. Two she stored carefully in some obscure cranny in the creek -- but one she brought forth in her mouth to Moonlit Hill's borders. Placing it on the ground she threw back her head and howled, announcing her presence to the pack.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Sorry, missed this thread :( Maybe tagging me would've been a better idea, but hey, I'm here now!

Malice knew little of what was going on, only knew that there was a lot of destruction. Little bugs had even come inside her den in which she spend most of her hours, and she had crushed them. They were fucking annoying, that was for certain. Little did she know it had been a whole swarm and that there was little to none traces of green left in whole the Teekon.

A howl awoke her slumber, and with a loud yawn, she looked up. Huh, that's weird. Every time she looked outside, she could see the green of the many bushes. She raised an eyebrow. Could it be... Locusts? Oh dear, this couldn't be good. The pregnant lady, who was now slightly panicking, made her way out of the den that was always cold. She looked around. It was awful. It was as if she had awoken in the part of the forest that had burned down. Absolutely awful. So awful it made her pause for a few minutes before she rushed to the borders.

The pregnant queen, her belly now clearly showing some signs of life forming within her, approached the stranger head on. Her tail high, her stance proud, yet her eyes panicking. The mere opposite of Burke. Another loner wanting to join? Oh dear, why now?

Better make it fast. She murmured ever to softly. You there, do you know what has happened? She needed to know. This would be a disaster for all the packs if it had was what she thought.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

140 Posts
Ooc —
thanks for joining

As Pallas waited, her gaze trailed to the woodland. Woodlands that were black and razed and devoid of any fluttering green. It appeared the locusts had done their duty everywhere, not just in the creek: and everything was left a dull and affected grey.

Her studying was interrupted by the approach of another: her swollen sides and step announced not only her pregnancy but her deportment. Pallas remained sitting, her body language neutral. The mangled hare was pushed in the wolf's direction, and she was welcome to take it. "No." She said, and it was the truth. "I came here to find out if this was normal." She was new to the region, and if this was common-stance, she could not say she cared for it. "What is this place?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice studied the other, how it shoved the dead creature her way. The offer was appreciated, but Malice was in too much of a shock to take it. Besides, food would become scarce, so it was better for the other to eat it herself. Moonlit Hills could get by, even with this disaster that only seemed to spread. Things were going down, and all while she was bound to her den with a pregnant body. Perfect fucking timing Burke.

This isn't like anything I've ever seen here. This is total chaos. She responded, clearly panicking. This is Phantom Hollow, home of the Moonlit Wolves. I am Malice Lanius, very nice meeting you on the edge of Teekon's collapse. She nervously joked. Perhaps it was time for a meeting. Would Sage find it annoying if she would tell her to bring a message to Burke? Perhaps the packs could team up or something. But, in her state, she couldn't do it herself. Was that all, deary? She asked, now just wondering whether she wanted to join. If so, she couldn't. Spots were saved for Buffalo and Byll.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

140 Posts
Ooc —
The small hare was left untouched, though the gesture did not offend Pallas. Perhaps the wolf had other things on her mind; things more pressing than the idle gift of a strange passerby. Things like locusts, and imminent childbirth.

She canted her head, pondering on the woman's words. Was it all? Probably not. A preliminary scout of the area showed many scents, which lead Pallas to believe perhaps this pack was large. "If you have time, I'd like to know more about the area. Your pack seems well secured and full: where else is there to go? Do you know how long this will last?" While she did not know for certain there was no spot for her in Moonlit Hills, she surmised the same simply because the wolf was pregnant.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice sighed softly. The meeting could wait, for the damage had already been done. She had little time, but enough to tell a stranger something. I don't have much, I'm afraid, but there is nothing I can do at this point. She spoke, a soft, worried voice and a scarred face looking at the floor. How was Burke doing? Was he taking this alright? Would this be the last blow in his balloon before he would burst? Would he come to her? So many questions and so much trouble on the pregnant woman's mind wasn't at all good for her head ache.

We have many neighbors. In the north-west direction is a pack. In the mountains all the way to somewhere West you'll find Moonspear. South, there is a pack led by a friend of mine, though it is a bit far. on your journey there, the smell of pack on your left paw will be stronger too, though I don't know any members of that pack personally so be wary. She decided not to speak of the Brotherhood, knowing how it might be dangerous with Nemesis having gone crazy and Burke on the verge of collapsing himself - In Malice's eyes-. That's all I know. I think the bugs will last for a few days more, and all that'll be left is bug bodies and a wasteland. She added, sad that this beautiful piece of land had to be destroyed by mother nature. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

140 Posts
Ooc —
Pallas nodded: she was appreciative of this wolf's time, even if it was so little of it. She rose slowly, careful not to do it too abruptly in a manner that might surprise or cause Malice alarm. With a dip of her muzzle she surveyed the lands behind them, as if any of the packs Malice mentioned would be visible from their vantage. With deliberation she scrutinized the floodpans below them. The landscape looked ravished beyond the pale. "Hopefully, they will be gone soon." She thought just distantly she could see Otter Creek, though she knew not the name of it. "Do you know any of their names, and who would be welcoming of a loner?" She asked one final question, though her expression suggested the answer was important to her. In some ways, it was. She had learned of most of the packs through the mouths of strangers, though evincing names from them had always been a challenge.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
We all hope so... Malice murmured, almost defeated by the fact that almost all plant life had been destroyed. She was rather optimistic, but she found it hard to be happy today or the days to come. It seemed as if God just wanted to put as much drama into her life as possible. It was thrilling, yet tiring and saddening.

At the other's question, Malice only knew of 2 who seemed nice. First choice would probably be the one of my friend, Sebastian. He seemed really nice, and I'm sure that if he won't let you in, he'll help you out with finding a new home. Don't know the name of the pack though, I'm sorry. She explained, not mentioning Burke or any really personal information about Seb himself. Second goes to Moonspear. I've met one of their leaders, and she was alright. Don't know if they are looking for members, but you can always try. She explained briefly. She couldn't send the other to their closest neighbors, for they seemed rather rude to be honest. Sure, they hadn't done anything yet, but when Malice had called out to them, no one came.

Right, if that's all, I really need to get back. It was nice meeting you, uuhhh... She said, hinting that it would be nice for her to tell her name.
~Adopt Avalon!~

140 Posts
Ooc —
Pallas listened her epression neutral as the female mentioned a friend: it was useful, this information, for Pallas was on a quest to know of every single pack within the region. So far she had identified a few, and had been told of many beyond the scope of her vision. With a dip of her muzzle in appreciation she bid her farewell, though she paused when she heard the inflection in the other wolf's tone. "Pallas Stormthorn." She proffered: she had no real reason to lie. "The information you have given me has been very helpful. For that, feel free to call upon me any time you may need my assistance." She could not promise she would be within hearing range, though if she was, she was certainly willing to oblige.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Ooh, a fancy surname just like her. It rolled off the tongue nicely, Pallas. She was sure she could remember it for when fate would let them meet again. Malice nodded, the hints of a smile on her muzzle. She was in a good mood considering her home and that of many others had turned into a wasteland. Green wasn't her favorite color, but now she missed it more dearly than anything.

I shall, Pallas. She responded. I wish you the most of luck on your journey and on finding a home that you fit into. Until we meet again. She ended, turning around to go to the Moonlit Wolves' meeting place. They needed plans, they needed a way to survive right now.
~Adopt Avalon!~

140 Posts
Ooc —
thanks for threading!

Pallas dipped her head in final acknowledgment as the queen spoke, bidding her what seemed a genuine farewell. While Malice did not know it, this knowledge aided Pallas immensely: she was just now beginning to have an idea of the various packs and structures that made up the landscape of the lower lands. With a wave of her tail and a dip of her muzzle in salutation she turned and made her way back towards the hinterlands at a steady lope.