Horizon Ridge The Setting sun (Nuka)
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Nuka

Thistle Cloud had been taking a nap and she woke with a start, still tired and confused as ever. This was her first ever heat cycle and she had been lost adrift in a sea of hormones and emotions especially for the wanderer of the Plateau Crete. She sniffed softly, and stood hoping to stretch her legs and stay far away from any males.

She softly walked from her den looking both ways and keeping her tail tucked tightly behind, not that it would mask her scent in anyway, but it certainly made her feel more comfortable at the moment. She was lost in her thoughts as she wondered towards the beach though she wouldn't quite reach it as she stopped at the nearest Creek and bowed her head to drink from it instead. Water dripped from her maw as she sat down and looked around in a daze and she sighed, she wished her mother was here, she could tell her what to do and how to handle herself.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
Resting atop a large rock near the water's edge was Nuka. She was used to a far colder land but with her winter coat starting to shed at least sunning herself was a option to help her aching soul. She looked up hearing the leaves crackle under the pads of another. She had only just joined this pack but had made an effort to earn her keep.

She could hunt, and she could defend - but in truth her truest strength came from her ability to help those who needed it. She rolled from her side to lying on her belly with her fromt legs stretched out before her.

"Hello little one." It was no insult, just the mother in her reaching out to a clearly much younger female. "Please don't let me disturb you - I do not believe we have met. My name is Nuka"

Her voice was soft, and gentle - much like her eyes.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud was momentarily started and cursed herself for a fool, her head so far in the clouds she had not been vigilant. Though a sigh of relief burst forth when she realized it was a female voice that reached her poised ears.

She tilted her head and sought out the voice and found the ivory woman laying atop a boulder. She offered her a smile "Hello you are not bothering me. It is a pleasure to meet you, I am glad we are adding new faces there have been much disaster recently it is good to see another in good health. I am Thistle Cloud aspiring healer of the pack. Thistle cloud assumed the other had been told or deduced from their amounts and the smell of rubble in blood that still lay thick in the air that there had been a disaster.

She studied the other in front of her smelling the milk that still fell from her belly, but she was unsure if there were pups nearby. She looked around, she had not heard any little ones and did not many mothers that would travel with their pups young enough to still drink milk. She was a silver white color much like Bjorn, but this wolf seemed gentler somehow, probably because Bjorn could be a brute a likeable brute at times but a brute still.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
The female did not rise. The heat of the stone was helping the engorgement in her teets. She would dry up in the next week, it was both something she looked forward to - ... and something she mourned. It would be the completion of the realization that her young were truly gone from her.

"I have heard of you, from the one called Bjorn. It would seem your gifts are now most deeply needed here. The pack is lucky to have you."

Her voice remained gentle as she watched the young female look around. Her heart fell, she knew what she was looking for.

"I have no young here, dearheart. They have gone to be with their father and my sisters."

The breeze shifted her way and the females scent was unmistakable.

"You should stay near the safety of your pack, dearheart - this close to the boarders could bring in unwanted suitors who think you are worth the risk."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud chuckled wryly at the mention of Bjorn. "I am surprised that he spoke of me, he does not exactly agree with healing, though he does allow me to adminster to him, albeit a little stubbornly. thistle Cloud frowned at the sadness and wistfulness in the other's tones. "I am sorry for that, my mother told me pups are a treasure. I wish i could take that hurt from you.

Thistle Cloud shook her head and shuffled her feet at the mention of unwanted suitors. Her thoughts went to Crete of Blacktail Deer Plateau, but for now she kept him to herself, did not voice any admiration or knowledge of him, though she dearly wanted too, but she did not know this other wolf as of yet and she was still very confused as it was anyway, unsure if it were the hormones or true feelings for him.

"Yes I know, i've been hiding in my den the last four days or at least trying too. I couldn't stand it anymore to be stuck there with my own confusing thoughts and scent and hormones. I am however grateful that i have come across you and not one of the other males as this is all very new to me and I must admit i am having trouble adjusting.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
She rose and slipped from the rock to land effortlessly on the plush grass below. When the girl offered her regret and wish to help a soft smile came to her parted maw. Though the smile did not reach her eyes, she appreciated the kindness in the girls gesture.

She licked the top of her snout briefly, in almost a maternal fashion. "Not even the best of healers, has the skill to take away such a complete pain. Though, I do thank you for the kindness of your words."

She sat down and listened while the other spoke of Bjorn.

"His are a strong people, and a stubborn ilk. Sometimes that is part of their charm, and always part of the infuriating nature. We come from different packs, but his kindred are kindred of mine. Though I have not yet told him that. Men such as he can be boorish, but are often bound to their deity, as I am to my lady Freya"

She watched the girl with a pensive gaze.

"Hiding is a challenge, when every instinct drives you out. It is a confusing time. "

She admitted softly.

"But one with purpose, as are all things. I am a newcommer here, but if you want to talk to someone who is not a part of what ever troubles you behind your eyes - ... please allow me to help."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OOC: Just so you know the thread between her and Crete has not been finished yet, so she is not pregnant yet, but I am playing a bit to that while still keeping it vague :)

Thistle Cloud smiled "My mother would often say something of the like. She always told me that the emotional scars are often the worst to get through if you ever do. She was severely abused herself and lost her first pups to her lovers paws.

Thistle Cloud listened as the other spoke of Bjorn and she agree with all that was said. He was strong and he was bound to his god Odinn. "yes he is a true believer of Odinn. Whose Freya? I have not heard of this one?

Thistle Cloud bit at her lip for a moment then she decided to err caution to the wind and she shifted and spoke quietly "Well first and foremost this is my first heat cycle and I am adrift in this sea of hormones and emotions and I believe that I may have done something very wrong, but unsure how it could be wrong when it felt perfectly normal. He is from a different pack though, a pack I do not know anything about. I find him very admirable and he is a healer like me.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
Nuka listened while the younger female spoke. Her tail absently swishing behind her flanks while she sat on the grass. Her ears with turned attentively toward her, listening to both her questions and her stories.

"You mother sounds like a wise female, but - most mothers are." There came again that fond and gentle smile. "I am sorry for her loss. My mate was a strong and noble man, and he was a good father to our young. He has moved on into the great place where all warriors go, at least - that is how I choose to view it."

In truth, she had no awareness on rather or not her mate died in combat - she could only hope he was not denied the honor.

"Freya? She is my mother, and yours - even if you do not know it. She is the wife to Odinn, and where my loyalty lies. She is the lady of many things, and a guide to what a female should become."

When the girl spoke of an unknown suitor with that fondness only the young can so completely have, she watched in gentle bemusement.

"In my home, it would not be wrong - but I do not know the rules here. What are the rules concerning selections and betrothals here by your leader?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle cloud smiled at the compliment to her mother. "My mother is a very kind and gentle woman and if you had seen the scars she bore from her former mate you would have not known how she could be so, but she is. My father is a good male, a brave male he allowed my mother to heal more so than she had been. He doted on us and taught us all he could before my two brothers and I left on our own.

Thistle Cloud listened attentively as the other female spoke of Freya and Odinn. She imagined even Bjorn would get along better with this female than he did with most. It sounds as if you and Bjorn have kindred spirits, perhaps he will find a friend in you. I hope so, he seems the type to not put much stock in friendships though. She frowned momentarily, she respected the male a little bit and liked him to an extent, but there was a spark of fear sometimes when she thought of him and what he maybe or may not be capable of a fear she could not fathom.

Thistle Cloud shuffled her feet and said quietly " I am not sure I have heard that most pack's prefer us to stay in pack and in often cases if a pregnancy results from such a tryst the pups will be killed if the alpha so chooses to do so. I do not know Pump's stance on this personally as she is our acting alpha.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
Nuka stood but only to move so far as the water so that she could lower her head and lap up a few drinks from it's cold depths. The weather here was cold to most, but this was as hot as it often got in her northern homes at the height of summer. For that reason, she felt most comfortable.

"Perhaps, I do not know him well enough to come to that conclusion. Don't disregard his lack of friendship to mean he doesn't put much stock in it. It's my experience that they value courage, strength and loyalty - but nothing comes easy in the north. We are raised from an early age to question things that come to easy. We should work for the things we wish, and follow the paths set out for our kind. It is a guessing game depending on the wolf - as it is in most things."

She listened as the smaller female moved to talk about a personal affection she had for another.

"You must decide what it is you wish. If you wish to remain here, seek out the leader. Subjugate yourself to her, beg forgiveness and ask permission to stay and raise your little ones here. If she is not receptive - as is her right, flee. But speak to this male, see what he wishes of you. Males often do little thinking when around a female in season, make sure his goals are the same as yours. If you have not yet crossed that boundary, dear heart -I suggest, that you use the up most caution and see where your heart and head are when the rush of desire has faded."

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud listened to the older female in front of her. "It sounds as if the North was much harder to live and survive than here. Why would you stay there so long? Though if it is all you know I can understand why you would stay. She was not questioning, just putting her thoughts into words as she went.

Thistle Cloud blinked wide eyed and said with a note of panic in her voice, "I do not even know if there are little ones. I don't know where the plateau is either, i suppose i could follow his smell, but what if his leaders do not let me speak with him without telling them why. I could cause him undue pain or stress as well if the time comes that I need to speak with him. She was a confused wolf at the moment, old enough to make her own decisions, an adult of proportions, but still very naive of the world.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
The she wolf's maw parted again with that same patient smile. The child was not mistaken, it was a challenging territory with rival packs and limited game. She came once more to sit beside her, that fluffy tail wrapping around to cover her paws once more.

"My home was a harsh one, I can't deny that. We had to go much further and settle on much smaller kills then this bountiful land. Yet, had my family remained - I would be there to this day. It was the home of my family, for generations beyond measure. I would have liked to raise my young there as well. The difficult life is not an easy one, but it is one that teaches...and wise are the ones who learn from what the land itself teaches us."

When the little one panicked, she watched her evenly, a steady calm radiating off the female. She chuffed softly, not unlike the gentle shushing of a mother to her child.

"Calm down, dearheart. Tell me first and foremost...what is it you desire?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud nodded her head "That was why my mother would not come with me. She said her and my father were comfortable where they were and that she would stay to raise more children there. I miss them, but I am glad if i need to find them I know where they are for sure. Thistle Cloud nodded her head at that affirming what she was saying.

Thistle Cloud was taken back by the question and stopped thinking for a moment. "I don't know what I want right now. My mind is too cloudy with hormones and musk. Thistle Cloud smiled softly and continued "I was hoping to wait and decide later, if I need to decide anything that is.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
The bitch nodded passively at the girls answer. It was simple, and beautifully accurate for her age. The challenge came, however, if she was not able to straddle the fence as she so clearly wished to now. She knew the scent of a female would draw males in and she understood the conflict that could create. For that reason, she rose and started back toward the center of the pack and motioned the girl to follow.

"It is good to hope that you have no worries, little one. Yet, that is not always the case. Right now you do not know if you want him as your mate..or if your body simply desires a mate. It's a confusing time, and one best spent within the safety of the females in your pack. My concern little one is if that ship has sailed...and your wisdom comes to late. What will you wish for then?"

Her stride was heavy and unbalanced as she walked, she ached with loss and ached with the desire to nurse cubs she no longer had. She chose instead to focus her attention on the one beside her. She was roughly the age of her eldest daughters, those too - she had lost.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud followed behind the female. She knew she should stay with females at the moment, but there were only 3 of them at the time being, so it was a comfort that she did not have to be drawn in among more females.

Thistle Cloud thought hard about the question she had been asked and she said quietly "Well if I were to bear pups, i would certainly beg for their life and raise them, I would also tell him of course. No father should go unknowing of a gift they've been given, by a female that is only ours to give. However, beyond that I suppose it would depend entirely on how i feel after and how he feels as well. I would like happiness of course.

Thistle was no unsure what was going to happen and she was a little worried about the future. What if she had made a grave mistake or what if she had made a choice she wanted, but the other did not.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
She walked slowly along side of her, one ear turned toward her direction at all times. Listening to her words and more so the emotion behind them. She chuffed softly feeling the nervousness rotating from her.

"I think perhaps, you would be wise to go to your alpha. Explain what has happened, and express your youth and that you are eager to learn and make wiser choices. Not knowing and confessing will feel more of an honest mistake then to keep it to yourself and sneak away for confessions to another from a different pack. You will have a chance to hear her thoughts on the subject, regardless of if you are or are not guilty of something she disproves of."

She turned to watch her, licking her ear in a maternal fashion.

"I wish there were an easier way little one, but once you become an adult and start making adult choices, there are all to often adult consequences to your actions."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud took comfort from the elder female beside her and it caused her to be a little calmer about her own situation and what it could mean. The thought of approaching Pump made her sick to her stomach, but she knew it would need to be done. She thought she may hold off for a little bit longer, wait until she was sure of whether there were actually going to be consequences to her actions. However, she also agreed with Nuka's words, perhaps it would be better to approach first and tell her what she did and what could happen rather than after it already happened. She knew for certain that she would be at least demoted, otherwise Pump may very well decide to mark any potential pups for death and that also made her ill.

Thistle Cloud took comfort in the gentle lick of her ear. "yes I am finding that out quickly. Was her soft spoken reply.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
She did not envy the child and the position she now found herself. Still, it was part of growing up and packs had a checks and balances system for a reason. She chuffed softly once more to reassure her as they reached the center of the pack land. She looked softly at the younger female and after a moment of thought she asked.

"Would you like me to accompany you, when you speak with her?"

She sat down, her tail curling once more over her paws.

"I can not speak for you, and I can not contest her judgement...but I can be there."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud followed suit curling her tail around her paws as well and thought about the question. Did she want another there to see her humiliation and possible reprimand. No not really, but at the same time it would be nice to have a slight backing in her corner at least for moral support and perhaps even a shoulder to cry on if the end result and final decision was a harsh one. Though she knew if it came to that it was no more than she deserved. She did not regret her actions, she would never do that, but she did learn from them. To regret something was wrong as you wanted exactly what it was that you did at the time, so regrets should not be felt.

"yes I think I would like someone there and I know you could not contest her judgement or anything else, but I would like some support all the same. However, I will wait a little longer, only because i do not wish to stress out my pack leader while she is wounded, stress is worse for the wound than most admit.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
Nuka watched her before looking back around the scattered pack. There were so few here. So many wounded and broken souls. She would do all that she could to help ease their pain and help them find the cohesion that had come so naturally to her own people. Her attention turned back as the girl offered her thoughts. She met her eyes evenly and gave a soft nod of understanding.

"Very well, then when you are ready...I will join you."

She laid down, and then settled on her side as she groomed her swollen teets. They would dry up soon and her cycle would come once more and it would seem as though she had never been a mother at all.

She keened softly at the thought, but upon hearing herself aloud she grew silent once more.

"Rest little one, a pack healer must keep up it's strength."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
thistle Cloud nodded at her agreement and she heard the low soft keening and sadness took it's place. What would happen if she were to have pups and allowed to keep them, would the other be put into grief again. She certainly hoped not.

She sighed and curled herself into a tight ball, not realizing how tired she really was and she curled her tail around her nose. SOftly and quickly she drifted off to sleep with the matron watching over her.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
-End thread, Nuka will simply watch over her as she rests. That was fun! -