Ankyra Sound A siren's song
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
All Welcome 
@Slancio if you have time, anyone welcome though!

It was some time ago that she had been accepted into the pack that was called Saltwinter, but she hadn't done much ever since. She was no slacker, never would she be one, but she felt nervous. No one had spoken to her yet, and Slancio she hadn't seen for a while. She was petrified, for she didn't know the slightest thing about her new home. She had hoped her new leader would tell her something, but alas, not every wish came true. Perhaps it hadn't been the smartest thing to do- joining a pack without knowing anything, but she was certain she could change that.

It was morning, and the sun was already up and shining, making the waves shimmer like liquid diamond. The siren found herself near the sea again, happily humming while staring out into the distance. Was Slancio even aware that she had been accepted? Surely her bloody smell roamed here now just as well as she, but had he noticed? 

Her hums were in tune with the sound of the waves, and she sat down in the moist sand. Most of the locusts bodies were either eaten by birds or swept away with the tides, which made her quite happy. The famine was coming to an end, she could feel it, and she had the urge to explore.
"I simply... Don't remember."
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Gahh sorry for the kinda late reply

The sun had risen early, and so had Slancio. Without much thought, he leapt off into border patrol, determinded to get something useful done in the day. As he padded along the edges of the territory, he picked on on a familiar scent, Ondine's. A small smile coming onto his face at the thought, he momentarily abandoned his patrol to check up on her. He came upon her soon enough, and appraoched a a happy greetting.

Sure, he had scented her around the territory before, indicating she was accepted after he bought her to the borders. He had never scented her so close to him before, so seeking her out today was probably a good idea. He looked forward to seeing his friend once again, and wanted to catch up with her, perhaps asking her to join him on his border patrol if she was willing.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Border patrol was something the former alpha did often, but it had not been asked of her ever since she had joined. Ondine was a creature that followed commands if ever found underneath a leader. She hadn't been asked anything, if she was honest. She had just been accepted, and no one had told her anything about this all. What had she joined? It was kind of lame like this. She didn't know if this was how it was supposed to be, or that it was their leader not having tasks for them, but she was kind off bored.

Sitting there, humming underneath the rising sun, the sound of waves crashing on the shore- filled her with joy, though. With this view, she would never grow bored, not for real. Her beautiful siren song was interrupted by footsteps, and she abruptly stopped. She didn't like sharing her songs but the waves, and she especially didn't like strangers hearing her. When she looked behind her though, she didn't mind all too much. A smile crept on the bloodied woman's muzzle in the same motion that the waves always rolled a little further on shore. Goodmorning, Slancio.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Sorry if I might be kinda inactive for the next while but I'll still try to reply

He left the now familiar trail of the border behind, veering inwards towards where the scent of his friend had came from. A small smile etched itself on his face, his friendly demeanor showing through as he padded through the forest. When he arrived, he saw that she was enjoying the view and silent lapping of waves on the shore. Wondering if he would disturb her, he realised it was too late when she turned her head towards him and greeted him.

Slancio greeted her back in equal friendliness, tail wagging slightly behind him. "Hello, Ondine. What brings you here today?" He asked, starting up a conversation, wanting to catch up with his friend. It was true they had not encountered each other for a while after he had shown her to Caiaphas, but he had missed her constant presence near him when they had travelled back from the other end of the shore.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
The sea was calling, as always. She responded vaguely. Her tail, thickly covered in her snow white fur, swished around, going with the wind. She soon returned her muzzle to the sea, sort of inviting Slancio to join her. How are you doing? She asked carefully in a whisper that blended with the sounds of the waves. She was as always interested in Slancio and wanted to hear what he had been up to.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Lmao heres a horrible and well overdue reply @Ondine

"Not a surprise, knowing you. I didn't expect myself to become such a coastal wolf as well, to be completely honest." He replied, acknowledging his friend's love for the sea. Truthfully Slancio thought he was going to arrive at Teekon and end up settling at some forest. Horned owl valley was pretty much a huge stretch of forest, so the ocean was a fresh sight for a wolf like him.

"I'm doing pretty fine, which just reflects my appearence because I'm pretty damn fine." he joked, the more causal side of him coming out. Bad joke or not, Ondine would get his humor, which was one of the reasons he considered her a good friend. "But seriously how are you doing? It's been a while since we caught up." He added on, shooting her a grin.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Many don't know what they're missing by not trying things out. She sighed. She was surprised that Slancio didn't seem weirded out by the fact that the sea was calling for her. Well, she guessed it came with her appearance. She was one weird woman, if she did say so herself. But with her strange personality and appearance came a friend for life and a loyal subject, and quite a dramatic show once in a while. 

Fine indeed. She giggled, moving her gaze away from the waves and onto her friend. It was not the best joke she had ever heard, but she guessed not laughing would make him feel bad- and she didn't want that. Just laugh at boys' stupid jokes, they love it. She smirked at his question. I'm doing hot- lived it, loved it.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"The sea's a beautiful thing. I'm glad I gave it a chance." He shurgged. Ondine had her own personality, he supposed. They managed to click together well, and Slancio wasn't one to judge, so he didn't have any problem with any of her quirkiness. He was weird in his own way, anyways. It's not like he had any right to judge her and her habits. She was his friend, and vice versa.

"Aww thanks," He cooed, joking around when she agreed with him, pulling a face. "I never knew you thought of me like that," He laughed, pairing it off with a playful wink. He missed the playful bickering between the two of them. "Not any hotter than me, I hope. But it's good to hear you've been doing well. Sorry I didn't really make an effort to find you after I bought you here."
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I'm glad you did too. She hummed, for without him she would've never joined a pack. It was him and the joy she felt while being here that kept her bound to Saltwinter, and soon she'd meet the absolute reason she would stay; Bain. She was lucky to have found so many to just accept who she was, for that wasn't what it had been like at her former home.

Don't think of it too much. She mused with a glance that said; I am out of your league and would rather have you as a friend. She grinned soon after, indicating that she was indeed just kidding- just like him. It's okay- I didn't really try to find you either. I've always been a rather alone individual, so don't take it personal.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"Wouldn't have met you if I didn't," He muttered fondly, giving her a soft smile. He enjoyed her company, and he was glad he had lead her to Saltwinter. He had met many other wolves on his journey, such as Teagan and Qamar. Briefly, he wondered how they were doing. There were many other wolves he had met in Teekon, his heart growing fond as he thought of them.

Ondine may have stood out the most within them, but they were all good friends to him too. Grinning at her next works, he gave a small pout, before laughing lightly when she indicated she was joking. "Well I guess we're both here now, and that's what matters. So what's been going on with you? Find a guy to run off into the sunset with?" He joked, trying to lighten to atmosphere.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Yeah, the sea has it's way of bringing ones together. She said with a smile, eyes just flickering off slightly to the sea as a thanks. She liked Slancio- in a friend way. He wasn't anything she had suspected- and had even brought her to his home. While she didn't announce it aloud, she still found it quite an honor he had asked her to come. Not everyone was so willing to share their home with a total stranger. And Caiaphas- she was amazing. Ondine sure wasn't outstandingly good in anything besides entertaining, and she had still been welcomed with open limbs. 

She laughed, not knowing she would meet the one to turn her heart into straight up mushy shit very soon. Me? Me plus a guy equals  fairies- no chance of existing. She giggled. What about you? Got your eye on any of the fine dames present here?
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"You sound like you have deeper experiences than the ones I know of," He inquired curiously. It wasn't in his nature to pry, but he still wanted to learn more about Ondine. She was his clostest friend in Teekon, yet he knew nothing of her past. He wondered if she had a dark past, like the one Kjalarr had. He shuddered inwardly, not wishing such a fate on anybody. A sad childhood was always painful to hear, and not a day went by without Slancio thanking that he did not have one.

"Well tell me when you meet the one because I've always wanted to see a fairy." He shrugged. "Not much fine dames present here from what I can see, but it's not like I'm looking for a sappy love story." He wondered what his future would be like, and who he's finally choose to spend it with.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Why- thank you. She said, not acting this time around. His words were true, she found, for she had gone through much. She knew there were many with a grim past, but hers was definitely one of those stories. Still, sharing all that had happened at that gruesome coast with those awful wolves was not what she liked to do. Slancio was special to her, just like Bain and Kjalarr would be in the future, but Ondine had problems speaking of the past. It brought back memories she'd rather forget than carry along with her wherever she went- and her joining Saltwinter was helping bit by bit, she found. But if you are trying to get those gruesome stories out of me, you should really stop. My past is my own, and letting others carry my pain with me is not something I'd like to do. She said in a seemingly optimistic tone- yet the tone under that was one of pain.

Maybe you're just not looking in the right places. She said, actually very serious about the subject. There's a sea for every coast.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Slancio watched her posture, noting her brief surprise. Ondine held a high place in his heart, and while she was one of the main factors as to why he had chosen to return to Saltwinter in Teekon instead of find a new place and have a new start. He gave a shrug at her words. "If you really do not wish to say anything, it's fine by me. Just remember if you ever need somebody to lean on I'm here, alright?" He said, affection seeping through his tone. He wished that one day Ondine would trust him well enough to tell him of her past, and that he would be strong enough then to support her.

"I suppose so. There's got to be a wolf somewhere out there wating for me, right?" He said quietly. He was still young, and many opputunities would rise in the future. "I'll just have to see then. Perhaps the future holds some romance in store for me."
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
That's very nice of you, Slancio... She let out softly. She never had a friend like him ever. Not even her own loyal subject had asked about her past, and while they all held a place in her heart, Ondine felt more connected to Slancio than to any of her women. He was a true friend, she now knew, and as long as he was there for her she'd be there for him. She'd protect him and their home and any she held dear.

I'll ask the sea to find you someone- but until that time comes I guess you just have to endure my endless chattering. She chuckled softly. She was clearly joking, and hoped that this way he'd forgot about finding someone. Romance was not needed in a life- good friends and a home were, and he had both.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
One more round, @Ondine?

He watches as she seem to hesitate, before calling him a good friend. Giving her a fond smile, he turns his head to look out towards the coast. Just in the corner of his view, he could see the ocean lapping, and when he breathed in he could scent the salty tang of the sea too. He viewed Ondine as a friend he held dear in his heart, and in some way, she almost reminded him of his sister. "It would mean a lot to me if one day we could trust each other that much." He says at last, tone mildly wistful. He had a good friend in his sister, and he hoped that one day he and Ondine would grow as close.

"I've endured it for so long, a little longer can't hurt." He jokes back, relieved the conversation had turned from the previous topic. He could tell from her softer posture she was joking, and smiles quietly to himself. He had a good friend in her, and for that he was glad.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Okidoki!

She inhaled deeply- the salty smell of the coast and of Saltwinter going deep within her lungs before she let it out in a long sigh. Mornings like these made her adventurous, and if Slancio hadn't been there with her she would've gone exploring. She found it rude to say so though- of course she loved spending time with him, but Ondine had always been some sort of loner. I'm sure that day will come. She said gently, her gaze settling on the sparkling waves hopefully. 

Oh, you-! She chuckled, but her sounds of joy soon grew into a pure laugh. She had almost wanted to comment; don't act like you don't just love my fabulous self, but found it a little bragging. She knew she wasn't perfect- but that did not stop her from acting like she was the damned queen.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He watches her inhale the Saltwinter air, the salty tang he had gotten so familiar to. Without actively doing anything, Saltwinter imprinted itself into his mind, and Slancio wonders where he would have ended up in if he had not chosen to approach Saltwinter's borders. Smiling at her brightly, he lead the topic to a close. "I look forward to that day, then." He trails off, glancing out towards the sea.

He laughs joyfully, a deep rumbling coming from his chest and he draws back playfully in mock terror. This was the type of friendship he lived for, and as he glances at Ondine's smiling face and looks towards the ocean lying beyong the coast, he knew he wouldn't have it any other way.