Two Rivers Isle There are no roads here
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Welcome to the pack! This takes place right after their original thread, where Aero will show Shink around. Hope you don't mind the mild PP, I can edit anything out if you would like :D
Her paws hit earth in a steady rhythm, thudding almost silently on the dry earth. The area before the river, between Shadewood and the Isle, was dry as per the lack of much rain in the past week. Small dust particles flew into the air as her claws dug into the scorched skin of the earth, creating miniature sandstorms under her paws. She was to show @Shink the territory, and after leaving Burke, she had decided to lead him first to the river.

She slower, her claws no longer sending tiny storms into motion, and turned to the male in question. Gesturing to the river that lay in front of them like a shimmering serpent, she begun to speak. "The Isle, our home, is surrounded by this river and another on the opposite side. They split to the south of here, go around the Isle, and meet at the other end, by the north."
The puppet to my emotions
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
He had followed the pale vixen, padding in her pawsteps as they loped down from the magnificent forest towards the sound of running water. He watched with eager eyes as she slowed to a halt and he mirrored her actions, letting his strides diminish so that he could reside beside her on the rise. Before him looped the first river, a ribbon of sanctum through this desert wilderness. Though the subtle green shoots indicated the land was slowly beginning to return to its true form, the boy was still grateful that his new companions had chosen to settle in close range of water. Waving his tail in the gentle breeze, he listened intently as she explained the lay of the land, casting his gaze along to put her words in a physical form. "Is there food here?" he questioned with a curious chuff, wondering how, and if, any creature fit for a meal was able to cross the flowing waters.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Is there food here?
An odd first question, but she supposed the famine justified it. Aeronwyn paused for a moment, considering. "Yes, that there is. The Isle is home to raccoons, fox, and other small prey. Once the herds return, I suspect a few might make their way onto the Isle." She took a few smooth strides toward the river, speaking as she went. "The Isle is home to many different regions; woodland, plains, hills, and pools. There are a wide variety of places from which to choose a den."

Her paws met the edge of the river then, and she turned but to Shink, eyeing him. "I'm assuming you swim? Because if not, it may present a problem." With a smile, she slid into the river like a fish, used to the tugging current from having crossed it so often. Long strides took her quickly to the opposite bank, her eye on Shink to see how he was faring.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Her reply was enough to put his mind at ease, for now. With any hope, their forming pack would be strong enough to pull through these last remaining weeks of hardship unlike Bluegrass which had never stood a chance. As her pale figure moved off down the slope, the rosy boy dipped his head in consent, trotting after her lithe figure. His copper eyes observed in silence as she slid into the water, making it look so easy with her feline like grace. Shink padded forwards, willing his paws to stop at the edge of the bank, his auds angled down into the flurry of rifts and currents. Inhaling deeply, he plunged into the river, copying her strokes as he moved forwards at an agonisingLy slow pace. Somehow he managed to cross safely, hauling his bedraggled body up onto the far side of the bank and panting heavily, flashing a smile back at the vixen. "Looks like I'm going to have to practice that," he chuckled lightly, giving his pelt a quick shake to rid himself of the worst of the liquid.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He made it across, albeit somewhat clumsily, which was good all the same. Not being able to cross the river would present quite the problem for any who wished to make their home here. She smiled at his words, gesturing further inland. "Good thing you'll have plenty time to practise; looks like you might need it." she teased, chuckling lightly "Follow me; I'll show you the Isle, and where you might make your den." Shooting him a glance, she offered another small smile before heading deeper into the territory, paws aimed toward the huge tree she had come across earlier. That, she reasoned, would be as good a place as any to begin the tour. 
Sorry for the wait!
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Its fine! Heard you were away at camp, hope you enjoyed it!

He shot her an amused glare as they continued to pad onwards, a wolfish grin beginning to play out across his muzzle as they neared the swaying boughs of the great tree. The vixen reminded him somewhat of his brother with her controlled but teasing persona and she shared Fyscus's outgoing streak. Yet despite their similarities in demenour, Shink had to admit that they were far from the same. He curled his tail so that the tip was just brushing the guard hairs along his spine, holding fondly onto the thought as their pawsteps came to a halt beside the trunk of the great tree. "Well there's a challenge," he let his tail fall into a more confident angle, letting it sway slightly from side to side in response to Aero's words. With a dismissive shake of his pelt, the last of the water was released and he bend down to lap his tongue across his foreleg, raising his head to gaze curiously upon the tree, asking the silver wraith with an intrigued glance what this tree was.