Broken Antler Fen death's angel knocking at your door
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Joining 
AW but tagging @Sebastian and @Pearl :)

To be completely honest, he did not know why he chose this pack to join. After all, he was sure there were dozens more, scattered around the area, waiting for wolves to join. He'd gone past a few already, but stopped at none of them for they did not seem to suit him — the other packs didn't give him the feeling that he'd fit in. Nicolas didn't know how to describe it, or explain it, but when he joined a pack, he had to have that gut feeling that he'll like it, that he'll belong. The deWinter hadn't had that feeling for quite a long time now, but when he sniffed out another border and walked a bit closer - not too close to be disrespectful - he felt it's familiar pang. Faint, but still there.

Even so, Nico wasn't sure. Perhaps a part of him did not want to settle into pack life once more. He had gone too long without it's now almost unfamiliar hierachy that he wasn't sure he would be able to grasp the idea of submitting to someone superior, the idea that in a band of wolves, he would be the lowest. Perhaps, a part of him longed to stay in the wild lands, where freedom lay at the tip of his claws, where he could wander for as long as his heart desired and where he could be sinful without the judgement of his pack. But the logical, reasonable part of him knew that if he wanted to survive and live for a while longer, his best chances would lay in being part of a band of wolves. And given the fact that this was the first pack in ages where he felt that he might be able to stay in and dedicate himself to for more than two weeks, he should probably give it a chance. And maybe, just maybe, they would give him a chance too.

And so, Nicolas tilted his silver crown back and let loose a howl, respectfully calling for the presence of the leaders of this land. Once the song had been sung, the wolf took a few steps back, just to be sure and stood there, quietly awaiting.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl's ears pricked up as an unfamiliar howl rang through the fens. Turning her head to the borders where she assumed it had come from, the rest of her body followed as she trotted to the source. Coming to the border line, a figure materialized into view. As the small female came closer, the new wolf's features became more apparent. A grayscale guy, pretty good looking if she was honest. 

"Hey, I'm Pearl, one of the Alphas. What brings you to our friendly home?" she asked, subtly looking him over. He seemed an iffy fit from first glance, but she'd give him a chance if he wanted to join.
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
      It wasn't long before someone came to answer his call. He watched as a pale figure made it's way towards the borders and straightened himself quickly, not wanting to look scruffy at first glance, even though the majority of the time he looked like someone who was being chased by a herd of unfriendly elk and fell into a thorn bush before being half trampled over. The pack wolf approached swiftly and introduced herself as Pearl, one of the Alphas and politely inquired on why he was on their doorstep. One of the Alphas. There must be another one then, which probably meant she was mated; not to be generic, but most of the time when there was more than one Alpha, it was a mated pair. 

Right. Anyways, back to the conversation. 

The corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smile as he dipped his head respectfully, his posture adjusting accordingly to her rank. Well, apparently he hadn't completely lost the ability to submit to a superior, which was definitely good news. "Hey, Pearl," he said with a gentle smile. "I'm looking to join your pack," he began formally, "I'm a good guardian, warrior and hunter, and I'm somewhat good with words which makes me an okay diplomat, if you need one. I can also counsel people? Is that how you call it? Yeah, and I'm quite good with plants, healing and stuff. Plus, I can also learn, if you guys need anything in particular. I'm a quick learner."

He lifted his head, still smiling his signature smile, "Nice to meet you. I'm Nicolas, but everyone calls me Nico."
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had been busy with Odette for a moment before he could respond to the howl of the stranger. However when he came upon the borders it seemed that his mate already answered the call. He looked at her with a smile, and stepped next to her, catching how the male was saying he had some skill in mostly everything. Well that was surprisingly handy?

Sebastian lifted his muzzle a bit, his tail was up too, just to let the other know he was the one in charge here, though it was not in an unfriendly way. It was just how it went down in the wolf world. "Welcome Nico. This is Broken Antler Fen. We are a good bunch of wolves that live in these pleasant semi-wetlands. I'm Sebastian," he introduced. Wolves that were not fond of soggy grounds or water would have a hard time here. "It sounds like you are very accomplished. What was the reason for leaving your previous pack if I may ask?," he asked, seeing that it could give some nice insight.