Blackfeather Woods My pride is no longer inside
8 Posts
Ooc — Pixie
Joining 
@Nemesis @Damien @Cicero @Potema if you guys have time

Kateri had found, through travelling around the edge of the pack land she had smelt, that she was not a fan of swamps or mud in general. At all. The mud was thick and cloying, coating her legs all the way up to her stomach but of course that could have been on account of her height. The mud had thinned out as she continued, looking for a place not so mired down. 

The forest was thick from what she could tell in the twilight, the distant croaks of ravens and the caws of crows could be heard; a symphony that had her ears perked forward curiously. The yearling took a shuddering breath, still unsure if this was the right decision to make. But surely if she was wrong, if these people did not want her amidst their ranks, she could try again in another place. 

Making up her mind, Kateri howled, calling for the people who lived here. 
Sometimes quiet is violent.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Sorry this took us so long! We've had crazy days lately

An ear perks up, alerted by a caller from the far east of Blackfeather Woods. Damien curses, realizing that he had neglected the security of the swamp area, and immediately starts moving in the direction of the caller to investigate. For as desolate and treacherous as it was, the mire was still part of Blackfeather Woods' pack-lands, but where were the guards?

The stench of the mire reaches his senses before he can make out the silhouette of the caller. That smell had always been awful, a barrier itself, daring anyone to cross its foul defenses. However, if this one had gone this far into the swamps before calling that might mean there was a breach on the security.

Damien emerges from the low fog, moving difficultly through the dirty waters. "These waters belong to me," he states despite the hatred for the smell, "I will give you ten seconds to explain why you dare get this close into my claim," he growls, and cuts the space between himself and the intruder with slow steps.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was close to the swamps when the howl summoned her. The witch was ankle deep in muck, ignoring the brown splotches on her otherwise snow-white pelt as she clasped mushrooms in her maw. These were not for summoning or passing through the boundaries of this world and the next; they had more medicinal purposes. With summer fast ending and the land only recently renewing itself, she was quick to gather as many useful herbs as she could.

But the howl disturbed her rounds. Had it been on the other side of the Woods, she might have ignored the call, but it was close to where she stood in the muck.

She didn't dare drop the mushrooms, instead taking them with her as she trudged through the mire towards the caller. Despite her closeness to the intruder, her brother, spurred on by the protectiveness only a monarch had, reached the girl — she was just a girl, wasn't she? — first. She merely approached behind him, his white shadow, tentatively dropping the mushrooms to allow herself to speak — or to fight if need be.
8 Posts
Ooc — Pixie
oh I thought I put something about the borders but I forgot. 0.0

You fucked up.

She knows it as soon as she sees the male approach from the woods, reading the aggression in his movements. The woman is not far behind him, the intimidation making her heart race though she attempts to fight it back. Kateri isn't stupid, despite what these two probably think of her now, and lowers herself submissively with a slight hope that maybe this will appease them while she thinks of an acceptable answer.

Technically I wasn't in the water, just the mud. 

Somehow, Kateri doesn't think that will go over so well. Too smart-ass-like. "I'm sorry," she tries, not quite lying when she says it. "I guess I just couldn't smell it over the mud." It's possible, or so she hopes. 

Perhaps that will be the end of it and she will flee these peoples jaws in this slick mud or perhaps it will be overlooked as a careless mistake. Whether or not these two take people who make mistakes, is unknown to her.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
An overly-smart response would have costed the intruder her head. Her words had not been what Damien would have wanted, and their relationship started with the wrong foot from second 0. She had been bold to go this deep into Blackfeather Woods, and the fact that she hadn't picked up the scented markers pointed her in the wrong direction.

"Get out," he ordered, not feeling satisfied by the female's response. "Get out of here if you value your life," he added. Perhaps he had taken a rather aggressive approach, but the context in which he was called had him in a rather foul mood.
Banned
35 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Scamp was usually lurking somewhere in the dark woods, be it looking for Damien or being his shadow. Today brought luck: his Master was just ahead, his scent strong. There were other scents, too, but only the one he knew as Damiens sister was the only one he knew. The other didn't belong here, and the fact brought the Blackfeather to a gallop. He came into view of the trio much sooner than he'd thought, slamming on the breaks and slipping a little in the mud, but otherwise keeping on his now brown paws and reaching Damien's flank. His fiery lips pulled back in a viscious snarl, feeling the tension in the air, and allowed his hackles to raise to full mast right away. With but a word from his Dark Master, he would lunge and rip at whatever he could; for now, though, she was safe.
8 Posts
Ooc — Pixie
welp thanks for the thread anyways lol

Yep, going now. 

Kateri nodded outwardly, only just shifting to turn when the third wolf burst through the undergrowth with a snarl and paused behind the male. 

Yeah, yeah, I'm going. See? 

She kept her snarky thoughts to herself, not wanting to anger the male further or his bodyguard who looked ready to fight her over...Kateri wasn't even sure why he was so angry. 

Nevertheless, the yearling tipped her head in farewell, turning and trotting away as if she hadn't just been rejected and wasn't slathered in mud. 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The bitch turned like she had not just been threatened to be slayed right there, and something snapped inside of Damien's head. He lost it, and charged behind her, heeding alongside Scamp to chase her away from Blackfeather Woods. Had she been slower, the dark prince would have savaged her, ended her life in a whim, but she had been lucky. Once far enough from the swamp Damien slowed down until he was stopped. The bitch was far enough, and Damien felt no need to waste any more time with such filth.