Golden Glade For the Sleepless Wanderings
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
@Aspen GIRL TALK!!!!!! although all are welcome

Shalon dozed under the stars from atop her boulder. The stone was still warm from the midday heat, eventhough the sun had set long ago. The star twinkled abover her as she maped out the stories her mother used to tell, and added her own. Mentally mapping out the shape of a bear, playing connect the dots with the shimmering lights in the sky. The Court vs. The Bear? The Bear Comes to the Court? The Dancing Bear? The Dancing Bear. That was it. While she had no incling toward the arts she did find herself as somewhat of a story teller. She weaved the fateful night of the bear attack into a story, which she linked to the star dotted bear in the sky.

The night air brought a subtle breeze which ruffled Shalon's coat. The calming sound of the trees swaying and the story of the bear reverberating within her mind. Shalon tried to sleep, but found herself surprisingly less tired than she thought she should be. And so sleep avoided her.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was up late again. Sleep was not her friend these days. Not only that ut she couldn't settle her mind over these nightmares she kept having so it was hard for her to get off. That background fear that each night would trigger another unwanted memory. Why have they come back? She thought to herself trailing through the trees of her territory not quite sure where she was headed. Her paws just made her move, a gentle breeze ruffling through her fur. 

It wasn't long before she noticed where she was heading. Shalon's den. Though she couldn't quite figure out why, perhaps the silver queen would pay her a visit. Provided she was awake. If Shalon was not awake however, Aspen would likely just wander aimlessly until she felt tired enough to return to her den. 

Soon enough she reached the clearing and caught a glimpse of the fae laying on top of the rock. She let out a soft chuff so as not to startle Shalon who was staring up at the stars. Aspen hoped she wasn't intruding on anything too important.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon slowly looked toward her Queen, her scent had travelled toward Shalon moments before she had entered the small clearing. She smiled as Aspen came closer, remembering a moment similar to this one not to long ago. "Queen Aspen, what a lovely surprise." Shalon would scootch over, and give a small gesture with her head overing her a spot atop the rock. It's heat was waining however it was still slightly warm. "It appears we both have issues sleeping." Shalon laughed a little, although gave a sidways glance to the woman, "Are you feeling better?" She asked wonderin if the sickness was what was causing her to stay awake.

The stars looked upon them, winking down on them coyly. Holding the secrets of the universe, the breeze Shalon had been enjoying calmed, and the swaying of the trees stopped. They sat together in unter silence, Shalon as patient as ever, waiting for Aspen to speak.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
" Evening Shalon, I hopr you know you can address me as just Aspen right, you dont always have to add queen in front, you are a qise wolf and I think of you as a friend not just someone who serves the court," Aspen stated fairly sure that sounded more awkward outloud thab it did in her head. Little did she know her mate had told Shalon this not long ago. 

Aspen offered a soft smile as Shalon greeted her and invited her to the rock. She walked over and jumped up to sit beside the fae. She too let out a soft chuckle as Shalon commented on their lack of sleep. " Seems that way, I hope you don't mind some company, " she mused but added a slightly more serious tone to the last few words. She really hoped she wasn't intruding on Shalon'so plans for the night but the queen could really use someone to talk to right now and very rarely anyone else was awake at this time. 

Aspen nodded quickly when Shalon she tasted that she hoped she was feeling better. " Yes much better, thank you, " she statedstated warmly.  Her smile faded slightly though before speaking her next words. " Though,  I'm beginning to think I would prefer being sick to what has been keeping me up lately, or waking me up if I manage to get to sleep, " What she said was true. She would take being sick than constantly being reminded of her dark past every night and of her brothers. Of the days spent hiding from them or being tormented by them or her parents.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon shrugged a little, she wouldn't be as formal especially now that she was getting to know the leading pair. Although she would remain formal when in the presence of strangers.

Glad that she joined her upon the rock, Shalon would nose the female in a more firendly greeting. "Of course I don't mind. I'm awake and bored, sleep was never my friend." She smiled at the other woman, she usually survived an the smallest amount of sleep possible. Although Shalon knew Aspen would have no reason to know such facts about her. Shalon could hear the serious tone in her Queens voice, perking her ears Shalon wondered if she could help.

Her brows would furrow, who would rather be sick! What was keeping her awake? Shalon was puzzled, "What is keeping you awake, Aspen?" She spoke quietly and softly, not wanting to scare Aspen away. "You can tell me anything. You know that right?" Shalon had complete and utter trust in Aspen, and she hoped she felt the same.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled and tried not to show the relief when Shalon said that she didn't mind the silver queen's company. She needed more than anything to talk to someone right now and Shalon was the only one she trusted enough to tell. Perhaps Shalon would become the second wolf to know some if not all of her past though gradually that's for sure.

When Shalon asked Aspen what it was that was keeping her awake and informed the fae that she could tell the wolf anything Aspen took a deep breathe and nodded. "Nightmares, that's what has been keeping me awake. Nightmares about things that happened in my childhood. Not good things," She began pausing to think of what she would say next and just how much to say.

"You see, I come from a rather....abusive family. My two brothers were my parents pride and joy and I was the outcast and the smallest of the three of us. I used to get beat up all the time by my brothers and my parents would just sit and watch or sometimes even encourage them. The dreams are usually me as a small pup....being cornered in the back of the cave or hearing the words they used to say. They never gave me scars, not visible ones at least, but on the inside, thats where they hide," Aspen spoke keeping a relatively straight face the whole time but internally she felt like screaming.

"The nightmares come and go but I hadn't had any for a long time, especially after I met Charley and we founded the court pack and everything around that. I became super happy and finally felt like things were heading in the right direction and maybe my life was taking a turn for the better. Which it is, but the nightmares are back and this time....and I don't know why," Aspen spoke shifting her gaze to her paws. She let out a small sigh before lifting her muzzle to the sky as if to ask, no beg, for someone to answer the question. Tell her something, anything that could help her.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon listened quietly, saddened and angered by her Queen's abusive past. "I am sorry to hear of you past Aspen." If she ever met one of her brothers she would be sure to rip them a new one, "No one should experience such wounds from their own family." She spoke agressivly, but refrained from snarling, Aspen was here not her brothers.

"After such a terrible past Nightmares are not uncommon." Shalon tried to sooth. "Do you want to tell me about them? Your previous family." Shalon made a point to emphasize the word previous, letting Aspen know that she had a family here, "They can't hurt you anymore, after all. Perhaps talking about them will help you know that you are not that small pup any longer." Shalon wasn't sure if it would help, but telling someone while in a safe place with someone you trust could help.

"You can't forget too, Aspen. You have been under a lot of stress too, with starting a new pack and becoming a leader. You have worked hard to get where you are, perhaps these nightmares are related to you stress recently." Shalon was still knew at this and was trying to make as much sense as possible.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's gaze rested on the fae's maw only half there in their conversation though. She nodded when Shalon showed sympathy towards the Queens past and stated that no one should experience such wounds from their own family. She agreed and yet it had happened and there was nothing the queen could do about it. All she could do was hope she never saw any of them again.

Aspen's ears twitched when Shalon stated nightmares were not uncommon if a Wolf had suffered in the past. " True," the queen stated as Shalon spoke aagain asking if she wished to talk more of her previous family. Explaining that they couldn't hurt her anymore and perhaps talking about them would help her. Shalon also mentioned that the queen had been awful stressed lately and that could be what was triggering the nightmares to return. " I think you're probably right there, I have been busy lately with the pack all settling down and everything," she stated before continuing. " I think you're right as well in saying perhaps talking about them will help to heal some of the scars."

She pondered for a moment as if trying to figure out how much she could or was willing to say. " Well, my mum and dad were the Alpha pair of the pack, they were very aggressive wolves and often did not put much thought into the consequences of any of their actions. My eldest brother was heir to the throne so to speak though my brothers often fought over that. My parents never took much of a liking to me, whether it was because I was a female pup, or because of my size, my brothers found entertainment out of tormenting me and knew full well no matter what I had to say about it, nothing would get done. When I was 8 months old my brothers basically drove me out of the pack, claiming that my parents had told them that I was no longer welcome nor wanted. I didn't argue because I had already considering leaving ," she paused taking a breathe.

" I traveled on my own for a while before joining up with another pack that ended up disbanding because the Alpha betrayed us. " she stated rolling her eyes. " Hence, trust issues," she mused half sarcastically. 

" Then I found Larksong Grotto where I met Charley," Aspen couldn't help but smile. " Now I'might here leading the Court alongside my mate, and with the help of loyal wolves such as yourself that I consider myself very lucky to call my friends, and family," she said warmly. Aspen took a moment to reflect on the words she hadoesn't spoken realizing just how far the queen had come. From being a weak small pup that got bullied to leading a pack of her own  and not letting anything stand in her way. 

long post. Lol. Sorry if I rambled.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
She listened quietly, letting her Queen offer her story. Shalon knew how hard it could be to tell another your past, but Shalon also knew that she had earned Aspen's trust. Which was something she would always cherish.

Shalon couldn't understand how parents could not love their pups, how they would ignore ones suffering. Once again it made her angry. She couldn't believe that Aspen's brothers would be so cruel, Shalon had her own brother and she couldn't imagine Obia hurting her or her hurtin Obia. They loved each other, as sibilings were supposed to. Shalon could only shake her head, she didn't want to interupt.

When the silver Queen mentioned her King, Shalon couldn't help but smile. She could see the love in her eyes, and the caring smile that cropped up. Shalon nodded as Aspen finished her tail. "You have come far my Queen." She thougth for a moment and let Aspen think of her past. Reflect. "I never would have guest that you had been oppressed by your brothers, and tossed away by your parents. You are strong, stronger than you give yourself credit for. They are in your past, we are you future." Shalon spoke softly, "You have a bright and safe future here Aspen, you have fought for your place among us. You have fought for a safe future." Taking a deep breath, Shalon looked away from the Queen. "You are my Queen, I cannot protect you from your dreams, but I will always protect you from your bothers." Shalon hoped that this would help to ward off the nightmares, although only time could tell.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen couldn't help the smile that crawled on her maw as Shalon spoke. Speaking that she would never have known that the silver fae had had such a rough childhood. Shalon explained the queen was strong and stronger than she oten gave herself credit for and Aspen nodded. It was true, often times Aspen didn't think of herself as a strong wolf, but having just dug up all her history again, she realized just how strong she was. 

Aspen nodded more when Shalon mentioned that they were her past and that this pack was her future. "You couldn't be more right about that Shalon," the silver queen spoke softly. "I do feel safe here, Charley and I could not have found a better group of wolves either," she spoke warmly and fondly of the wolves she had spent just over three months living with now.

Shalon then spoke again affirming that she was loyal to the court and the queen and that she would protect her when she could. Obviously she couldn't help with the nightmares, but it meant a lot that Shalon was relentlessly loyal to the Alpha's and to her packmates and nothing seemed to phase the wolf. Aspen pondered for a moment before deciding now was as good a time as any, she had little doubt that Charley would disagree. "Shalon, I am proud to call you my packmate and my friend, but I consider you more than just a close friend, this past few months you have proven yourself to be more than that, through your undying loyalty to myself, Charley, and too the members of the court and your wise words that never fail to amaze me. I think I can speak for both my mate and I when I say that I think of you more like family," the silver fae muttered taking a breath before continuing. "I want you to become a member of the inner circle, perhaps even lead alongside Charley and myself as our duchess," she spoke proudly nuzzling her face into the fae's shoulder.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon listened contently, glad that Aspen could at least realize that she was the Queen, of a strong pack. She nodded agreeing that the wolves within this small pack were good at heart, and soul. She was proud to be apart of this pack, and to know them here and now.

Her silver eyes grew wide as she continued to listen, her heart pounding a little faster. She had found a new family, something she wasn't sure she would ever be able to find. Since her mothers death, and her seperation from her brother, Shalon had finally found her calling within the Court. "Thank you for your kind words Aspen. I too have come to think of you as my family, I thank you for giving you me the opportunity to know you as more than just my Queen, you have become a sister to me." Shalon looked to her paws, slightly embarrased by her own emotions. She hadn't expected Aspen to continue...Her head snapping to attention mentioning the Inner Cirle and a possible leadership position. "I-I-I'm not sure what to say." Shalon prided herself in her eloquency, her ability to never be at a loss for words, however this moment was unlike anyother and she found she had little words to call upon. "I- Thank you for you trust. If you believe that I am ready, I will work hard to prove you and Alder right." Standing she nosed the silver Queen in return before jumping down from the rock. She gave a low bow to her Queen.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened intently as the fae spoke explaining she too thought of Aspen as a member of her family as well. A sister. Something Aspen never had growing up. Though it truly did feel like she had one now. 

Aspen watched as the surprise of the queens words sunk in on the womans face. Shalon appeared to take a moment to process it and still didn't know what to say. Aspen just sat tail twtiching happily beside her paws. Shalon seemed to collect herself and proceeded to thank the queen for the trust she put in her. Stating she would work hard to prove Aspen right. "I have no doubt that that would be the case Shalon," she said dipping her head acknowledging the female as she bowed to the Queen. 

Short post short post short post :P Fade soon? IDK i have so many ideasss
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
sure last post? you can read and archive or one more post from you :)

Shalon had never felt the feeling that coursed through her body right now. She truely felt like this is where she belonged, she could make a difference her. Form a family, form roots that might last a long time. She looked to the stars, a smile coming to her as they winked at her. Perhaps her mother would be proud of her accomplishments, perhaps one day her brother migth find her and join her. For now though she could only do her best. Protect her pack, protect her new family.

Looking back to the Queen , Shalon's silver orbs gleamed up at the woman, "Perhaps you would like to try getting some sleep?" Shalon wasn't tired yet, she rarely slept, but she knew that Aspen should rest. "You may sleep here if you wish. I know Alder is away, if it gives you comfort to have someone near by, I can stay by you." She shrugged not sure if this was something the queen would want. If Aspen agreed Shalon would wait until the Queen fell asleep before she would reclaim her spot atop the rock. Where she would resume her star gazing, however with an excited tint in her eye.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nodded when Shalon suggested sleeping and mentioned the possiblitiy of staying with her for the night. "You know, I think the company would be appreciated," Aspen stated dipping her head in thanks at the faes offer. Aspen yawned as she lay down on top of the rock resting her head on her paws.

No one said that spending a night under the stars was a bad thing. Besides, with the company of Shalon by her side perhaps she could spend what was left of darkness without the nightmares. With that, the queen closed her eyes and drifted off into a deep and dreamless sleep.