Blacktail Deer Plateau eat, sleep, poop
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
For Sammi, and any of her characters. :) @Hawkeye

Though he and Saēna were still perilously small, it was becoming abundantly clear that Pura was growing into what the scientific community would term a cutie patootie. The little boy had look premature birth in the eyes (figuratively), said a very form "No." (also figuratively), and the puppy weight had been piling on ever since (true story). Ty and O.J. still dwarfed him, but the gap between them was not so painful to see as it had been a mere three days prior - all evidence pointed to the beginnings of a strong, healthy wolf.

He had eaten, pooped, and slept in several cycles already that day - and now a fourth, alien desire was manifesting itself. He wanted contact. But the girls were still, silent, and boring, leaving the only cockerel in the chicken coop to flail blindly in the direction of - of what? There was a difference in the air between where he was and several feet ahead that he could not define. It was colder, and a soft breeze freshened the air constantly. He was drawn to the newness of it, scrabbling blindly against the soft ground like a sea turtle braving land. Slowly, very slowly, Pura made his bid for freedom and adventure.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: Kisu, I CHOOSE YOU!! ~pokemon reference~ also, I will be powerplaying Hawk :)

Kisu hadn't seen his pups for days. Or were they Hawkeye's now? Would Peregrine keep him from seeing his young? He'd briefly run into Rob, and an awkward exchange ensued. Kisu mentioned in passing that Pied had passed and that he had a younger brother and sister. Rob seemed saddened but excited at the breath of words Kisu had spoken. With a weak smile, the father had turned back toward the den.

Arriving, Kisu saw a grey blob, but less blobby than before, trying to make its way outside, away from the den. "Woah, now, Pura Virtúte." Kisu spoke in a hushed voice.

He looked up to Hawkeye, the black Alpha nodding to him as if she knew what he was thinking. Kisu nodded back, picked up his son gently in his mouth, and moved just outside of the den to an area where the sun broke through the trees.

Gently, he set Pura Virtúte down between his paws and watched the grey-blue male squirm and wiggle.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Daddio! I need to get used to using Pura's full first name. My entire office totally played PoKeMoN X and Y like bosses after Christmas. They're 30+ year old men with babies and responsibilities, but catching them all was VERY CRUCIAL to our happiness as a company.

In his primitive mind, Pura Virtúte had begun a small catalog of scents. Saēna's was the most familiar to him, and it was her that he nestled against for comfort when the world pulled a blanket over its head and went to sleep. The larger pups probably smelled quite distinct from one another, but their constant scuffles with his sister in particular had caused his mind to combine the sisters' scents into one and mark it with a big frowny face until further notice. This cast of olfactory characters were set against the warm, sweet-and-sour scent of Hawkeye, who was suddenly mum to double the amount of pups she had birthed.

Daddy also had a very particular scent, but it was one that little Pura had not yet experienced fully. He remembered Peregrine's scent with greater clarity, but it was the lack of available data for Kisu's scent that made the little boy squirm excitedly when it wafted over him in great waves.

Suddenly, he was briefly flying and then very warm, and whatever reptilian ancestry his parents had bestowed upon him caused Pura Virtúte to squirm even more in the regenerating glow of the sun. The source of the Daddy smell was somewhere in the vicinity, and closer investigation was of paramount importance. Give me sniffs or give me death.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: That is awesome!!! I want to get the 3ds soon :)

Golden eyes watched a young boy squirm. A smile did not touch his face, but if you saw his eyes, you would see one there. The male bent his neck down to nuzzle his son.

"You're named after your grandfather, you know. He was the greatest warrior of the lands; he was also an Alpha. After he died, I took over the pack. Maybe one day, you'll be an Alpha as well." Kisu's voice was gentle and low, almost giving off a 'coo'ing sound. "You have an older brother you'll get to play with, so it won't just be girls around." Kisu rested his head next to Pura Virtúte and closed his eyes, enjoying the warm sun.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
I'll send you my friend code when you do! :) Love me some Pokemans.

Pura Virtúte experienced this passing down of history from father to son as low, muted vibrations - the pups were technically deaf for another few weeks, but he was developing a sixth sense for Saēna's screeching (something that would no doubt stand him in good stead later on, when the role of brother would also extend to bodyguard, protector, and castrator of all suitors). But even though his experience of Kisu's words was limited to the merest hint that something was occurring in the air around him, the little pup found the whole thing immensely exciting. Summoning every ounce of strength, he hoisted himself into the side of his father's face, pointed his squashed little muzzle in the direction of the eye (quite by chance), and opened his small, toothless mouth into his very first, very worst smile.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
It was an ugly formation of the face, but Kisu laughed and nuzzled his son gently. "Your older brother had that same ugly smile when he was your age. I wonder if you'll have your mother's eyes or mine..." The last part was spoken quietly, with a small hint of hope in Kisu's voice that his son would have Pied's eyes.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The vibration of his father's voice tickled, and Pura made a high-pitched chuffing noise that might have passed for laughter. The potential that Kisu saw in his wrinkled eyelids would sadly disappoint - the little boy was destined for his grandfather's steely grey eyes, but would inherit a lesser portion of Pied's blue-grey freckles. For now, he was still a blue-grey shape without any real defining features.

He was tired, now, and made that known by whimpering softly against the bridge of Daddy Kisu's nose. The den seemed endlessly far away, and he wanted Saēna now. To sleep next to someone with his own size and impairments was comforting - he preferred the sound of his sister's fluttering heartbeat over the heavy thunk, thunk of an adult.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: I swear I replied to this a long time ago, maybe I forgot to submit the post.... :/ time to rewrite

His small boy seemed to be nodding off, so Kisu sighed and picked him up, walking slowly to the den.

When he arrived, he slowly set the grey blob down next to his sibling(s), and licked his and his sister's head. He watched him and his sister for a moment, wondering what life would be like if their mother was around.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
One last post each for 10? :D

Kisu read his mind - not that Pura was particularly amazed by that; every whine and whimper was met by endless fussing, and he had come to expect (in a brainless, subconscious sort of way) that his every need would be met by one of the three adults.

His father's deafening pulse was quicky replaced by the quieter, rabbit-like thud thud thud of his sibling's heart. Pura wriggled into place next to her and tucked his limbs against his body - a pose that made him look like a grey, hairy dolma - and drifted off to sleep.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu watched his son quickly drift to sleep, and stood watching him and his sister until his legs began to ache. He turned and moved from the den, deciding that he'd roam the forest for a while. He decided that he would look for Robur Aqua and possibly tell him that his little brother reminded him of Robur when he was a pup.