The Sentinels magic tumbled from her pretty little lips,
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic

deirdre had been looking after her friend, busily. when she had awoken, larkspur had not, but she did not panic. this she thought was the effect of the magic... she anticipated that larkspur might need to sleep for some time. deirdre exited the hollow tree for a moment, peering to the sky and seeing that the weather had cleared. she would need to tell skellige, she knew, but she did not wish to leave the girl she so felt for alone!
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
just assuming she knows where dei lives

Finding Deirdre's den was not a difficult task. Starbuck had had time and help in growing accustomed to the forest, and now found her way around with relative ease. The night's storm had washed away all but the strongest of scents, but Starbuck knew her way to Deirdre's den by heart now. She was pleased to find Deirdre standing just outside of the hollow tree that served as her den, and yipped to announce her presence. Starbuck trotted close, bumping her head against Deidre's shoulder. You seem troubled, my friend. And who is this you smell of? Her fur was laced with the scent of another, and Starbuck had to quell an uprising of jealousy.
[Image: counselor.gif] 1/5[Image: caretaker.gif]2/5 or [Image: outrider.gif]2/5
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
this is one of her medicinal dens! dei sleeps outside BENEATH THE STARS ****~***
deirdre turned to see the face of starbuck, relieved it was her who had come to see her this day. it brought an idea to her, and deirdre was glad for her presence. the youth swept to her exotic friends side, moving to embrace her gently, as the others head brushed against her shoulder. am i so easy to read? came her anguished tones, but she knew that she was! deirdre felt it best to tell starbuck true; she trusted the woman, her heart was utterly open to her. an old friend came beyond donnelaith's borders last night in a state of utter disarray. she did not remember herself, she did not remember me. i cast a spell, so that she would remember. she sleeps, and does not wake from this sleep. i know it is the magicks work, and that i must be patient... but i want her to wake to food, and water, and to always be looked after while she is so vulnerable, deirdre looked, now, imploringly toward her friend. will you help me? and her? larkspur is her name, she breathed, the heart that beats inside her is pure, and good.
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
OK THEn pretend that that last post says the correct things lmao.
Starbuck welcomed the embrace of her friend, then pulled her closer at the anguish plain in her voice. Only because it is rare to see you so, she assured Deirdre. She was glad to be there for the sylph in her hour of need, and was heartened to hear that she was trusted so. As she listened to Deirdre's explanation her expression grew troubled. And oh! how could she ignore any wolf who needed her so? Were it Deirdre or any stranger, Starbuck would have said yes. Of course I will help. You and Larkspur both. If she is a friend of yours I know her to be wonderful and her heart to be pure. Simply tell me what you need.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
only that you are there when i cannot be, she hummed, and that you aid me in ensuring larkspur has all that she needs. you will not be alone in this, she smiled warmly at starbuck, glad for her presence, glad she had met the exotic she-wolf at all! deirdre moved to nose the side of her muzzle lightly, her tail waving behind her. she will become a friend of yours, too, surely. i know it will be so, she predicted easily, her emerald eyes aglow as she spoke.
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
Starbuck, glad for the physical affection, leaned into each touch, her shoulders sloping incrementally in her contentment. Gladly I will do this, she said. What ails her? Her skills as a healer were not well developed, but with Deirdre guiding her, Starbuck was confident that they could care for this patient. The idea that she, too, could befriend this Larkspur was a happy one. Starbuck's tail set to wagging, and she smiled easily. I look forward to meeting her.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
she is in a wakeless sleep that is not death; she breathes, and her eyes move beneath the lids. perhaps she dreams. before my spell, she remembered not a thing of herself; not her name, nor of even her love for me, her voice was raw as she spoke this, for it truly broke her heart! deirdre's love for @Larkspur was fierce; the cub had been her first beloved friend outside of donnelaith's reach, and deirdre feared larkspur might never know her as she once had again. truly, though, this mattered very little to deirdre; she would love the girl by that name, or any other!
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
Starbuck listened to Deirdre's explanation, her brows creased in troubled sympathy. Truly, Deirdre's spell did a powerful, wonderful thing! But the loss of memory, of oneself! It sounded terrible, utterly terrible. To forget even one's name! She could think of nothing worse. She nuzzled Deirdre comfortingly. To be forgotten by one she loved so dearly must have hurt, and Starbuck wanted to ease that pain. I am sure she will remember, and when she does your friendship will blossom anew, and indeed grow stronger.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre sighed into starbuck, closing her thickly-lashed eyes and breathing, oh, i hope you are right, quietly, but urgently. she buried her face into her exotic looking friend, stark white bleeding against the warmth of the others hue, glad that starbuck was there to aid her friend. furthermore, starbuck aided her! but we will make sure that no matter the outcome, she is loved and cared for. deirdre punctuated this with the firm nod of her head; she would never abandon another in their time of need!
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
Deirdre's breath stirred the fine hairs of Starbuck's guard hairs. The seer sought to gain more closeness, sitting against Deirdre's legs and propping her head up on the sylph's shoulders. I know it to be true, she said. The mind forgets, but the heart remembers. It may take time, but she will remember. And she will always be as true a friend as you. Starbuck spoke with little doubt, for she was a stalwart optimist. We shall. You can trust me, my dear. I will care for her as I would for you.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre was happy to hear of starbuck's words, pleased for both the assistance and for her presence as well. starbuck cured the girl of any loneliness in the world there was to be felt, and she trusted her wholeheartedly. the others optimism lifted her spirits greatly, and deirdre smiled. come, let us begin our work, then, deirdre hummed. and on that note, she led the way to larkspur, whom starbuck would thusly meet.