Blackfeather Woods like a shot to the face
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Her aches had become more consuming, more frequent and more severe. She had at least another week to relish in the fun times provided by the final weeks of pregnancy, and she had sought no relief from herbs up until now. But the weight of her pups weighed heavily upon her small frame, and now she nosed along the forest floor, searching for any herb that may relieve some of her discomfort. 

She exhaled with a huff, sending a little cloud of dust flying up of the ground a moment. She had found a few herbs she recognized; Dock, Alder Bark, and the poisonous Jimson weed. But it had been long, too long, since she had practised her craft, and neglected to keep herself informed of herbs and their uses. And thus she had forgotten the very herb she now sought, and wandered aimlessly with the hope that a whiff of it would have her remember.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She rarely gave herself a break, but with the growing stress of winter and the mouths to feed and heal and the thought of getting pregnant was distracting her. For once, Potema took a mini vacation: a walk through the Woods. So rarely did she simply get to absorb the land around her, the Woods where she was born and raised in. Where her children(???) would be born and raised. Where Nemesis and her sister would raise their children. Hopefully.

Speaking of Althaia, Potema spotted the round form of the woman wandering through the Woods, her nose to the ground. She wasn't surprised that she was out taking a walk, given that she would soon be confined to the Glen. But sniffing the ground? It was an all too familiar posture for Potema; was she searching for herbs? Althaia? Potema murmured, walking towards the future mother.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
A murmured name gave her start, her own. Head raised with concern, relaxing as the voice and figure of Potema was recognized. A small chuff of greeting slipped from betwixt her lips, attention now on the woman. Voice soft, as it tended to be now, befitting one so full of doubt and unease, she spoke. "I am searching for a herb, but it's name slipped my mind." she stated, body still slightly lowered and limbs crouched in the slightest as she had not taken it upon herself to rise to her full height.

She realized then she had not elaborated on its use, and only after a moment of silence elapsed did she add, "For the aches. The pups are...big." she murmured, glancing at her bloated sides a moment, wondering if they would stir again as they had early this day.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She closed the gap between her and the pregnant woman, sidling up to Althaia as she spoke. She was bowed underneath the weight of her pups, which were all too close. She spoke of finding a herb, something that Potema knew how to do very well. It was a herb to counteract the aches and pains of pregnancy, something that Potema was becoming very familiar with recently. There are a few, She began, sifting through her brain for the specifics. Daisy, goldenrod, ragwort and nettle are good for joints, though we could always throw some poppy seeds in there as well to help you sleep, She looked at the mother, wondering which one caught her attention first.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Potema offered her assistance in finding the right word easily, something Althaia noted and made her take a little more kindly toward the female. She had long ago given up on the notion of "friends", weeks, months ago, but Potema seemed someone to rely on. As she rattled off the short list, one of the names resonated in her mind as the one she had been searching for.

"Goldenrod." she said simply. "That was it." she added, small smile on her face again. "And poppy seeds would be great. Sleep has not come easy." she admitted, wondering where they would find Goldenrod here. Perhaps she had a stash?
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She had remembered the name of the herb she was looking for: goldenrod. She was low on that plant in particular, but she was certain that the meadows and praries that surrounded them would harbor a few specimens of the plants. It'll be hard to find goldenrod here in the Woods, but I can find some for you outside the borders, She racked her brain, wondering what other plants they had in abundance; she didn't want to use all of the herbs on one person.

Poppy seeds we have in spades, A small dip in the ground near her herbstore, covered by moss and stones to keep moisture and prying noses out kept all of the singular poppy seeds, with several poppy heads drying out in the sunnier spots of the Woods for later use.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
her friend said that she would attempt to find some outside the borders, and the argent woman loosed a small smile. She utteres a soft thanks, amazed that Potema would go through that trouble for her. Though it won't be much longer before her pups are here, and then she will in all likelyhood searching for very diferent herbs. "Poppy seeds would be great" she admits as her friend tells of her stash, obviously she is not lacking in them. "I don't wish to take any of your herbs if you do not have enough" she says, not wanting to be percieved as perhaps greedy.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
As of right now you are our only pregnant female, She began walking towards Meldresi's Keep, her pace slow to match Althaia's. I will use as many herbs as it takes to keep you and your pups well and alive. That she had promised. It was her duty to, after all. What kind of healer would she be if she did not?