Broken Antler Fen Something to tell you
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Odette we didn't have a thread in ages! :D

Sebastian was out to look for Odette, he wanted to know how things went at Moonspear and he had important news to tell her. He hoped that she would take the news well. The large male let out a howl for the youngster. Hopefully she would be around to have a talk with him. He was not sure how things would go, but perhaps now it was also his task to explain where pups would come from. He didn't want her to be totally be unprepared. Perhaps it was something for later? He was unsure. He would see how the conversation would go.

He waited for her by one of the fens. They both liked water, and it seemed that they always seemed to have good talks around the waters of the fen. Perhaps they could even take a swim together or even share a meal, see how her fishing had progressed.
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Keeping vague since this thread is still going on.

After having arrived back home in the Fen, Odie found herself happy to be home and although she did have to admit that she missed that mountains, she found it was pleasant to be back here on the flatter ground among her... family once more.  She was delighted especially though to see the fens.  She had always loved the water and it just delighted her to be able to be able to swim in the fens again.

At Uncle Seb's howl though Odie whirled around instantly, setting off at a run towards her father-figure.  She wondered what he had to tell her as she ran towards where she had heard the howl from.  Eventually though after a few minutes Odette caught sight of Sebastian's handsome gray form and slowed to a walk as she began to pad over to him.  "Hi Uncle Seb."  She called out to him as she neared, tail wagging in delight.  Then soon enough she found herself before him, waiting to see why she had been called.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Alright! <3

Sebastian was happy to see her and greeted her with a lick on her cheek when she approached him. He was relieved with the fact that she seemed okay and doing well. Hopefully she had learned more about astronomy as she wanted. He could teach her about fishing but not much more.

He quirked up his lips. "Glad you made it home okay," he hummed and sat down. "I wanted to tell you something, and I really hope you will like it because I am pretty excited about it,"he admitted to her, his tail wagging excitedly, which might be a funny sight seeing Sebastian looked so brutishly big.

He inhaled softly. "Pearl is pregnant. We are going to get babies!," he let out and looked at her with a smile. "And well, I hoped, even though you call me your uncle, you would want to be a big sister for them...," he let out more softly and looked at her with a hopeful expression. "Especially because you are such a big part of our family. I wouldn't want you to feel left out," he added.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette listened attentively as Sebastian spoke wondering what he had called her for.  So when he told her that he was glad that she had made it home safely, she assumed that this was all that he had called her for.  So Odie just flashed him a friendly smile and gave a bob of her head.  Sebastian apperantly had more to say to her though as he continued.  Her tail gave a small wag as he spoke again, this time telling her that he had to tell her something, that he hoped she would be as happy as he was.

A few moments of curiousity swept by her.

What did Uncle Seb have to say?  What had he really called her here for.

His next words shoked her into silence.  Pearl was pregnant and quite obviously, because of how happy Sebastian seemed to be, he was the Father.  She didn't know what to say.

Then Sebastian went on to talk about how he hoped that she would be a big sister to the puppies, even though she called him Uncle Seb.  His last words touched her the most though.  He told her that she was a big part of his family, that he wouldn't want her to be left out.  She gave a single shocked nod.

Then Odie was silent for a whole thirty seconds trying to process everything and then think about it.  She was going to be a big sister... sure maybe not a biological one, but still a big sister of her adoptive siblings.

Then her tail began to wag faster and faster and faster, her eyes brightening.  "Congratulations!  I can't believe it.  I'm so happy for you!  I can't wait to meet them," she didn't even hesitate on the last word, Dad."  Then she leaned forward to attempt to nuzzle her Father.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
AAHH SO CUTE!! <3

Sebastian had to wait those quiet 30 seconds before he got a reaction from her. He was afraid he had said something wrong or that she wouldn't like having younger siblings. But then her tail started to wag and Odette was more than happy. Sebastian let out a sigh in relief but was shocked to hear her call him 'dad'. This was all he wanted. Because he saw her as his own daughter, he just didn't want to push her in calling him dad too. Now she called him that on her own initiative. Sebastian was close to becoming emotional.

He nuzzled her right back like a father would have. "I am very excited too. You helped with me, did you know? Because I could practice my father skills on you and it seems I did a good job," he sounded so amazed himself. "Thank you for seeing me as your father. I would be nothing rather in your eyes. You will always be my daughter Odette no matter where you are born. Broken Antler is your family," he spoke to her and nuzzled her again.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
<3
Her Father's words almost brought her to tears and she smiled a little.  While she knew that FitzDutiful would always be her true Father and she would always hold a special place in her heart for him despite never really getting to know him,  Sebastian had earned a right to be her Father.  From all of her expierence in life she didn't think that she could really ask for a better one.

"And you will always be my Father, Pearl my Mother and your pups my siblings."  She replied, with a small hopeful smile, as the conversation began to pull emotionally at her heart... but in a good way.  She couldn't wait to meet the mini Sebastian's and Pearl's.  They would be so cute.  Too cute she was betting.  At the thoguht of puppies though she thoguht of Solemn too and his terrible fate.  Determination soon came over her features.  As soon as these pups came into the world, she vowed to herself that she would always be their to help guide them through life, be their to help feed them and help give them a much better start to life than she had.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's face turned into a smile, so happy with her words. It really did him well. "I am certain you will be the best big sister," he assured to her. He could tell that she would be, Odette was kind but also very eager to things which was a good motivator. It was always handy to have a set of extra eyes around to watch their pups. Sebastian had no clue how many there were going to be. A soft hum came from his lips, then he reminded himself another topic should be talked about. He cleared his throat. He was not going to be good at this. Maybe he should wait until she was older, like 9 months? Perhaps then he could team tackle this with Pearl.

"How was your trip to Moonspear? I have to admit that it was tough to let you go out of the territory alone. But I know you are a responsible girl. Anything fun happened?," he asked curiously. He was always going to be protective of her like an actual dad but he hoped that their relationship was open enough she would tell him things that happened to her or perhaps less fun things that happened.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
I'm so sorry for the wait

She brightened as he told her what a great big sister she would be and her tail wagged happily at that.  She couldn't wait to meet her younger siblings as even though they would never be related by blood to her, that would not matter.  All that mattered to her was their safety and that they grew up in a better place than she had with always enough food and water so that they didn't die off due to malnutrition as two of her own siblings had.  She would do her best to make sure that they would never feel any need to run away and disapear as Mason, possibly Stoic and/or Adeline and herself had.

She would do her best to make them feel truelly loved.

As her Father then brought up Moonspear her tail began to wag even faster.  "It was great!  Charon has puppies now even.  I bet there just adorable."  She replied, when suddenly a new question sprang to her mind.  "Have you and Pearl come up with any possible names yet?"  A sweet smile began to bloom over her features.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad that the trip did her so well. The grey male smiled at her and listened. He could only imagine that it would be great for her to experience something new. "Oh they have! Nice," he let out. It was good to know that their neighbors were thriving on the mountain they lived. They perhaps would make good neighbors seeing that this Charon helped Odette with obtaining new Knowledge.

"Not yet," he admitted. "I think we will decide on names once they are born. Then we know what their genders are and perhaps bits of their personality," he admitted. "But if you know a nice name you can always give suggestions," he hummed to her. As a big sister she might have some cool names.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
It was kind of him to offer her to help out with names, but truthfuly she wasn't really even sure that she could come up with anything good.  For a few seconds she thought but only came up with a few lame names that she was pretty sure Sebastian and Pearl would not want for their young, but perhpas she could come up with something later after they were born as Sebastian wanted, so she just gave a small nod of her head.  "I will," she agreed and as a sudden enticing thought slipped into her mind she licked her chops.

"Hey Dad?  I was wondering, because I'm getting kinda hungry.  Do you think we could do a little bit of fishing?  Maybe catch something for Mom?"  She asked him, eyeing brimming with hope and anticipation.  "Please?"

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's ears perked up and he instantly nodded. "Oh yes, wonderful idea!," he grinned to the other. She didn't even need to say the 'please' to convince him. The young alpha had been rather enthusiastic about the idea from the start. He was always down for fishing with Odette. He was glad that her fear of water was completely gone. She was almost like the otters they housed.

He smiled at the other and started walking to one of the fen's. The middle sized was the closest to them now so he decided to try they luck there. "Lets go! I think Pearl would love some fish, she is hungry all the time now," he chuckled at her.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Her Father was quick to agree to fishing and her tail wagged with excitement.  "Excellent."  She said, smiling, then she followed her Father as he made his way towards one of the fens.  Excitement began to race through her and anticipation fizzed in her gut along with some butterflies.  All in all she was literally jittering with excitement.

Once they arived at the nearest fen, Odie was quick to scan the water searching for the unlucky fish that would be her catch for today.  She saw no glimmers of silver yet, but she felt that soon she would.  Just a few more moments now...
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian walked with her to the fen and he wondered, because they had a few fishing sessions perhaps she already was close to earning her hunter trade? The young female seemed motivated enough. The male watched over the water with her once they got there. He didn't see any fish at first either but he gently waded into the waters so the fish could get used to him.

He froze in the water, only his eyes moving to spot a fish. This fen wasn't as clear as the other, Fishermen's fen. Sebastian and Odette would have to use all their skills. Sebastian thought he saw something and lashed out, but only got a mouth full of water. "Damn," he groaned and shook out his fur a bit.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
It was hard to hide her playful giggle as Sebastian missed and she bit her tongue in attempts too hide it, but it wasn't too long before a quieted version of it escaped her.  Soon enough though she refocused on the waters before her, as she searched for a glimpse of silver.  For some seconds she waited and waited until suddenly there it was.  A beauty of a fish swimming towards her.

While it wasn't the biggest fish in the world it still held a decent size and she got ready to strike.  She was careful to make sure her shadow wasn't laying over the fen and that her position was correct.  Then it was there.  She leaned forward in an instant, jaws grabbing not where the fish appeared from land, but where she knew it would be underwater.

Flesh and blood filled her mouth.

She yanked up her catch, eyes brimming with delight.  She the proceeded to drop it on the land after a sharp bite to it's head of which had ended it's life.  Her head perked up soon after a dleighted look in her eyes.  "I got it!"  She yipped gleefully.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched with pride as Odette caught a fish in an exemplary manner. The male wagged his tail. "Look at you. The student defeats her master," he chuckled. She did a good job. Sebastian was very proud of her and how she developed. Perhaps he should tell her, he might not say it enough. Maybe his look of pride was enough hints for her.

"Soon you will be better at fishing than me,' he laughed and then stepped closer to look over her fish. It was a decent sized one and especially with this murkier water Odette did a wonderful job. This was a perfect sized fish for Pearl. "You have become very good at fish hunting."
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Her Father's praise had her brimming with pride.  Even though she didn't ever want to go back to what had brought her to the fen a part of her was happy that she had found her way here.  It felt like it was meant to be.  Of course she would always miss her family, what she had had.  Solemn, Stoic, Adeline, Zaria her Mother and FitzDutiful her Father she had a place here now.  She had a home.

"Thank you," she replied to her Father with a smile small, "should we bring this fish to Mom now?  I'm sure she'll be hungry with pups on the way and everything."  Her heart quickened with excitment as she mentioned the pups.  She couldn't wait to meet them.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian agreed with a firm nod. "Yes, lets do that," he agreed and started to walk back. He let Odette carry her own fish after all she was the one who caught it. He didn't want to carry it and made it look like he caught the fish. "You have been such a good help Odette," he spoke. "Thank you." Sebastian really felt like she had been pulling all her weight into helping with this pack. Sebastian smiled at her.

"Lets hope your mom is awake. She has been sleeping a lot," he explained, which wasn't really that stranger seeing that her whole belly was full of pups. "Hopefully soon we can meet them!," he grinned.

Fade here?