Barrow Fields And sat with me in Neptune's yellow sands
79 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She did not like the Barrow fields.  
The amount of mounds of earth was strange,  first of all. She suspected them to be some sort of grave, and yet, was of far to small a st sure to check.  Paired with the possibility of being surrounded by dozens of Graves,  there came the odd and unwelcome feeling of being watched, of being hunted. 

She hissed, hating the place, and slipping between the mounds, trying to remember from which way she came and the nearest way back too the Bay. She had wandered quite a distance, and it was high time she return and not wander amongst sketch fields any longer.
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Flaris was probably one of the few wolves not bothered by the aura of Barrow Fields. While he held his curiosities about it, and the strange mounds dotting the landscape, the earthy dryad didn't feel as if he was being hunted. This might've had something to do with his casual disposition, or it dealt with the fact that he had never been attacked by another predator before. Other wolves typically got along with him, and the stories were enough to keep him well away from the scent of cats or bears, so he had come into his prime without ever having been subjected to a wound of killing intent. His only scars were mental, from an awkward and teased adolescence, but none of that had any standing when he was completely alone and almost equally as oblivious.

It was pure chance that his ruby eyes caught the fleeting scurry of a canine that appeared too small to have been a wolf. Curiously rounding the small hill the creature had disappeared behind, he was surprised to find a skittish coyote there peering at him. "Oh! Well, hello there," the gentleman marveled politely at the meager girl.
79 Posts
Ooc —
"Shit!" 
was her reply, to the sudden, unexpected figure of the wolf. Composed of earth tones, his darkness and sudden appearance added to the feel of this place had startled her. But after realising that he meant no malicious intent, did she steady herself and watch him, ears and tail up confidently as she scanned him quickly, his amiable words ignored for a moment as she seized him up. This one, unlike many of the Bay wolves, she found rather...handsome. 

"A tactful approach would have been nice." she mumbled, watching him as she stood her ground, though her annoyance was only half-heartedly expressed. But he looked far too interesting and far too handsome for her to simply stalk away, and thus she continued. "Who are you?"
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Pulling back slightly at the exclamation, Flaris gathered too late that he had frightened the petite canine. His tail wagged in tight, pitiful swings, an apology written on his face. She didn't flee, however, which he found as fascinating as he did her entire species. Usually coyotes avoided wolves, but she was of a brave stock, and having met a few coywolves in his life, wondered if her daring came from an equally broad curiosity or attraction for his own kind. He had always thought the foraging scavengers to be a kind of small and exotic wolf, so he was in no way put off by her slim, tapered features and generally jejune appearance. "I cannot apologize deeply enough. It was not my intention to come upon you so brazenly," he intoned with cordial emotion, his deep voice seeming to swell directly from his heart. "My name is Flaris."
79 Posts
Ooc —
She watched him with a critical eye, his sincere apologetic stance and his polite words relaxing her stance, and she fixed him with a smile. "At least you are polite." She stated, though there was mirth in her intention and no malice. Her feathery tail whipped in an amiable manner, far removed from her initial greeting. 

She rather liked this Flaris. She was most definitely not the flirt type, nor the one to fall in love easily. But the odd male would catch her attention, garner her interests for a few weeks at most. Faris was dangerously close to becoming one of these few faces. "I am Artemis. What are you doing in this...decrepited place?" She said in her voice hinting at an ancient root.
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
He dipped his head at her acceptance, glad that he had not socially rifled her to an irredeemable degree. Artemis, the golden little minx, warmed up slightly, asking what he was doing in a place clearly beneath both of their attention. "I was merely passing through. A way to get from here to there, if you will... although, I must admit that I'm not quite sure where there is, if I'm being honest. It is lovely to meet you all the same, madam Artemis. My journey this way has not gone fruitless," his silver tongue crooned before smiling widely, his eyes closing fondly. He looked at her again, canting his head so that his red-jewel eyes didn't seem to piercing. "It seems this place disturbs you. Shall I accompany you out?"
79 Posts
Ooc —
Humph. He was certainly polite, but she could take care of herself, thank you very much. She watched him a moment longer, pausing a moment before speaking. "Thank you, but I best be going. Pleasure to meet you, Flaris" with that, and a final glance in his direction, she spun away and slipped off between the burrows. She trotted back toward the bay, when she'd perhaps live some more of her rather entitled life.