Redhawk Caldera Doors slam, hearts open- A child is lost
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
All Welcome 
Mostly for @Peregrine and @Fox - backdated to the day he returned from his trip to find Lucy. short to get this started!

He hurried over the borders, panting and panicking like never before. It was very out of character to the usually calm and sophisticated male, but this was the time to flip! He had to tell his leaders as soon as possible of this horrid event, and just hoped they wouldn't be mad at him. He hadn't done anything wrong, but still he had returned empty-pawed. He knew of Lucy now though, knew where she had been all this time, but not where she was now. No one knew, he thought.

He let out a call for uncle P and the somewhat slower @Fox, his tone indicating that it was extremely important.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
*barges in* :D

Somewhere along the line, Elwood had heard that Trick, too, was out searching for Lucy. That made the search party a trio; Finley hadn't been seen since she had set out to look for her daughter, but Shrike returned home every couple of days to recharge his batteries before resuming his hunt. Elwood didn't know Trick well, but he appreciated that his packmate was dedicating time to this most troublesome task.

So when Elwood heard Trick's voice rise up above the treeline, calling for Peregrine and Fox with a note of urgency, he decided to respond as well. After all, it was his daughter that Trick had been looking for. He trotted briskly towards the source of Trick's howl and happened to arrive before either of the Alphas. His expression was grim yet hopeful, but he started to worry when he caught sight of Trick's distraught face. And he couldn't help but notice the absence of Lucy at his side.

He swallowed and then asked, "Any news?" It was likely Trick would want to wait for Peregrine or Fox to arrive, but Elwood's stomach was doing backflips; he couldn't stop himself from pressing for an answer.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Cameo post!

Trick's howl pierced the air and Peregrine winced from his resting place beneath a tree near the edge of the rendezvous site. It made his head pound. There was an urgency to his fellow wolf's voice that made his heart thud harder in his chest but the Alpha knew he wouldn't be able to take this particular call. His head was killing him. Steeling his jaw, he tipped his head back, wincing as he howled a short message asking his co-leaders to answer Trick's summons, unaware that Elwood was already there. Most likely the Zeta had news about Lucy so it made more sense for the Beta to field Trick's report anyway. From where he settled back against the trunk of the tree, Peregrine just hoped it was good news...
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick was slightly panting when Elwood showed up, his face grim yet hopeful that the male would take the news well. When he asked, even Peregrine joined, though he did not ask anything. Trick licked his lips nervously, sighing as he caught his breath. I have good and bad news. He announced. Good news; I found Lucy. Neverwinter has taken care of her. He said with a nod, though his expression turned grimmer. Bad news; She has fled from there too. I'm so sorry that I failed. He added sadly. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Neither Alpha approached, although there was a distant howl from Peregrine asking someone else to speak with Trick. Had the situation not been so grim, Elwood might have smiled at the fact that he was already there; instead, he kept his eyes trained on Trick, waiting with bated breath for whatever news he had to share.

The smaller wolf prefaced his statement by announcing that there was good news and bad news. Elwood winced slightly, but nodded, bidding him to continue. He felt his heart soar when he found out that Lucy had been in the care of Neverwinter Forest -- it almost seemed like she had been right under their noses. But his emotions came crashing back down when it was revealed that Lucy had run away from the Neverwinter wolves and that her current location was unknown.

Elwood took a deep breath, steadying himself as he processed the information. It was good -- Lucy was alive, and that was more important than anything else. And Finley was out there searching for her presently, so maybe she would have some luck. He wished he could get a message to his mate and update her with what he now knew, but he had no clue where Finley was in her ventures. Overall, though, he chose to look at the positive side of things; otherwise, he would have no choice but to spiral into despair.

"Thank you, Trick. Really -- I mean it," he said emphatically. "I appreciate your efforts so, so much. And you haven't failed. Heck, you found out more about Lucy's whereabouts than I did. She's still out there, and I'm sure someone will find her and she'll return home eventually." These words were spoken to bolster Trick's confidence as well as his own; hearing them out loud, coming from his own mouth, made them seem believable.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He bit his lip, praying Elwood would not weep in front of him. He was not a social wolf, and how to comfort someone else besides himself was something he was still working on. He could go cry later if he so wanted to, as long as Trick was far, far away. Luckily that was not the case. He could almost hear him thinking - taking it all in for a moment, and Trick waited patiently. He did not like failing, but, he guessed, no one did. He let his gaze go over the ground, not wanting to look at Elwood for a moment before he spoke.

Both his brows raised. Someone was thanking him. Someone was actually thanking him. He squinted as he raised his muzzle to look at Elwood again. Being thanked was not something he was used to - not when he had failed in his own eyes. The father sounded hopeful - almost determined to find Lucy again, and Trick couldn't help but give a crooked smile. Yes... Yes! We'll find her again. S-She can't be far! He replied hopeful, perhaps more convincing himself than Elwood. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Trick agreed and Elwood couldn't help but smile, although the expression didn't quite reach his eyes. There was still a lot to worry about and fret over -- what if Finley was on the opposite side of the wilds? Her path could potentially never cross Lucy's, and then what? He couldn't imagine the rest of his life without his daughter; it was odd, because he felt like he barely knew her, since she had been kidnapped when she was so young. But he would spend eternity wondering about her if he was never given a conclusion.

"Finley's out there looking right now, and Shrike has been searching, too," he said, reminding himself as well as informing Trick. "And you're right -- if she was with Neverwinter not too long ago, then she couldn't have gotten far. She has to be around here somewhere." Elwood felt his feet itching; he wanted to go and find her, but knew that he needed to stay with Eljay, Liffey, and Lagan. Lucy needed him, but so did his other children.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He had to swallow away some fears that were bothering him, until he realized he was Trick out of all wolves. He could handle this. No- they could handle this. He was part of them now, he believed, though he was not certain about it. He supposed that he hadn't been here long, yet had done a lot of things. A den of dried herbs, food in the many caches and now the first hint as to where Lucy was. Personally, he thought he was doing well - but maybe the rest thought differently of it.

Trick went quiet at the name Shrike and blinked. He had the feeling the Gamma did not like him much. Luckily the others did - or they were very good actors. If so many are looking, I believe it will be best for me to hunt for a week or so. Whenever someone returns, perhaps tired or with a clue, I'll happily take their place in the search. He answered in a serious tone. Why was he offering help? Did he care? Call for me when I am needed. He said, wanting to make sure they would not feel shy or something for calling him. He bowed before his Beta, and raised again - a sparkle of pride present in his bright green eyes. I guess this is goodbye - have a nice day, Elwood. Keep your head up. He said, perhaps weirdly friendly for someone like Trick.
~Adopt Avalon!~
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood nodded, satisfied with Trick's plan. Their ranks were already spread thin -- and they would soon lose both Peregrine and Shrike, as well -- and Elwood recognized that, while the search for Lucy was important, so was ensuring the safety and security of their members. This was partially why he had given up his own hunt: to take care of Liffey, Lagan, and Eljay.

"Thanks again, Trick," the Beta said as the smaller wolf turned to leave. Trick's parting sentiment -- "Keep your head up!" -- was strangely comforting, and Elwood smiled before pivoting and padding in the opposite direction.