Grouse Thicket Hide The Demon Inside
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas never looked back. He went on a straight course, stopping for a small snack or a drink of water on his journey. With only one thing on his mind. Getting to @Malice. She was the only one who could possibly help him in his state, so he had to find her. He headed for the one place he remembered last seeing her. 

He had attacked Pyx. He had run from it all. From Moonspear, from Pyx. All that had happened to him, it was tearing at him. Once where he last met her, he sent a howl out for her.
Tricky Trickster Trickles Tricks
Free for any threads...if you dare.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The lady was lying in her den, eyes slightly closed as she waited for Burke to get inside or for one of the screams of her children. She was awfully scared and angry ever since Vassago had asked about the Dark Brotherhood. She had lost so many already, and she certainly didn't want to lose her first born. She softly nibbled on her lip, one paw circling in the dirt creating patterns that didn't look like anything. She sighed, rolling onto her other side with a grunt. Life was boring without a threat to keep her blood pumping...

That was when she heard the call from far away. She needed some time to place the voice, but soon realized it was Judas who was calling for her. Huh...? She let out. With a confused look she hurried out of her den, paws pounding thunderously as she sprinted East-ish. She refrained from letting anyone know she was going, remembering Burke didn't want to meet or even let Judas visit. 

Her wet pelt left a trail of water droplets and it was cold, but she didn't stop to shake the wetness off of her. Ears flicked from left to right, trying to locate her old friend. Soon, her eyes were set on a familiar coywolf. Panting, she smiled, looking like a hot mess. Judas- what are you doing here? Where's your girl friend?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas did not smile when Malice came. His expression was rather grim, if not saddened as well. "Malice, I...I snapped." That was all she needed to hear, he thought. Enough to explain himself. "I've come because I need your help. Any kind of help to stop it all...Please, Malice. I beg you." He had never pleaded so much in his life, nor begged. He wanted a good life, one where he was not being hunted or running from himself.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her smile slowly faded as she looked at him- guess she wasn't the only mess at the moment. Only with Judas it was on the inside, and she swore she could see the fear and panic inside his eyes that had been there when he had attacked her. When he spoke, she understood. Carefully she moved forward, wanting to give him a comforting nudge on his shoulder- if he would let her. I'm no therapist- but my mate is. Perhaps, if you asked nicely, he would let you join and you guys could talk about this... She let out softly. She wasn't sure of this at all, since Burke was rather stubborn- especially when it came to outsiders. Still, he had accepted so many among them without her permission. Plus, Malice knew Judas far better than Burke did all the loners he had accepted. 

It's going to be okay, Judas, trust in me... She said comforting and caring.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas was unsure if she was asking him to stay a while, or actually join her pack. She had young. And with his state getting worse, it would only endanger them. "Therapist...I don't think that will work. And I don't want to endanger your young..." And there were other things he didn't want to happen. He was being hunted, he was sure of it.

He paused. She didn't know what else he had done. "There's more. When I snapped, I struck Pyx...And before that, I...I assaulted a female. I may have two packs after me." He was a fugitive.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Whatever he had done did not scare Malice. She, who was scarred both mentally and physically by him, trusted him more than she did some of her own subjects. He was no threat to her nor her family, she found, for perhaps she had the powers to control whatever foul beast had entered his mind a long time ago. She wanted to help, not only to be a good friend, but a good wolf as a whole. Never would she let anyone dear to her suffer, and so it didn't matter how long Judas would stay with them. Whether it be weeks, months or years, Malice would have the memories of helping a friend out- and that would make her star shine all the brighter whenever life would vanish from her body.

My young endanger themselves more than you ever would. She said with the slightest of chuckles. One lost a tail to a bear- the other thought the river was the best place to play. They both still live. Her eyes flickered to the green pools of panic her friend carried. She listened, quietly, let him voice the things that were haunting him with a respectful stance. Now was not the time to rub in that she was the Lady of the Isle.

No one will find you where we are- most don't even know we exist. We are a retreat, Judas- a perfect place for you to stay while you recover. She almost whispered to him in a calm voice.
~Adopt Avalon!~

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas felt she could handle it. She had survived him once. She could do it again, surely. He sighed. "Very well. But I will stay as far from as possible. I don't want to risk it..." Pyx came to mind. He most likely wouldn't see her for some time, if not ever. He thought about asking Malice to send someone to tell her where he was. But what if that someone ran into Charon? He couldn't risk it.

"I hope you are right. I don't want to bring you any trouble." He paused. Would Malice take him to her pack, or call her mate over first? "Will you call him over here, or are we just going to go in?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
@Burke we summon you! XD

But I'm sure they'll love to meet you- perhaps after you feel better and save. She said calmly, her cheeks burning with excitement. Of course, the situation was a grim one, but ever since Issun had so suddenly left she had wished one of the former moonlit wolves would join them. Yes, she was happy with her current family, but nothing was as dear to her than her time at Phantom Hollow.

Pfft, after my time at Blackfeather Woods every troubling thing is just another obstacle to overcome- I'm not the Malice you knew anymore. Nothing can hold me down. She said with a slight shrug and a chuckle. Her words were true, she didn't have to fight to feel alive anymore. Burke and her two little boys were everything she needed. Follow me- Burke is old and cranky so I think we wouldn't make him very happy with letting him walk all the way out here. She chuckled, but meant no offense. She loved him dearly, all his flaws and little perks.

If Judas would follow, she would bring them to the outside of the river and call for Burke- her call not so urgent than others she had let out. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas was glad to hear that she wasn't the same, in a way. She was stronger. She could handle him. Although he was a bit worried after she aid how Burke was cranky. That could cause some issues for him. But he was over issues. He didn't have much care for how much he got hurt. Not anymore.

"Lead on." He followed, but not before checking out of paranoia to see if he was being followed. He had been doing so ever since he left Moonspear. Anyone could be following.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke lifted his head when he was called by Malice. She seemed better lately, for which he was glad. They still hadn't talked about the stranger that asked for Meldresi, and with Malice not being able to talk about it had created a bit of a silence between them. Burke wondered why she had howled. He pushed himself to his feet, letting their two children be. They were old enough that they did not need a constant babysitter.

He got to river and watched how Malice was with a strange male. Perhaps a recruit, they needed one of those. He trotted further into the water until he reached the other side. Most of his scents washed off and masking the fact they had children. "Malice," he greeted, his docked tail raised along with his muzzle to show that he was in charge here. "New Recruit?," he asked.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A lingering eye was held on her oldest companion, frowning as he showed that he was nervous. She was familiar with what he was doing, having done it just like that at the start of The Great Escape herself. She hoped very dearly she could help him- make sure that Arthendal was a place of comfort and familiarity very soon for the coywolf. Well, that was if Burke accepted him. She knew she was the Lady, but she did not like to pick up bad habits of her mate. She would not just accept someone within their ranks without making sure Burke knew of it- unlike what he had done. It still bothered her, but she guessed she had no position to complain. Or did she...?

Finally near the river, the only thing that they could do was wait. Luckily Burke was early, even with his old bones. A smile lifted up the corners of her mouth as she took place between the two males, giving a small nuzzle to one of Burke's shoulders if he would let her. This is Judas- he seeks our help and guidance. She said in quite a worried voice. Though I fear he could better explain what he so dearly needs and what exactly is haunting him. She added, nodding to Judas. This was his chance to get on Burke's good side.
~Adopt Avalon!~

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas bent his forelegs to kneel when Burke arrived. He showed authority, and he knew that this wolf must have been alpha. Malice spoke on his behalf until it was his turn to speak. He bowed his head in thanks, then looked to Burke. This was his only chance.

"I was told you could help me. I have a...something wrong with me, in my head. It makes me do things I do not wish to do. Please, can you help me?" His face pleaded and his voice begged to Burke. He needed it to stop.
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Had to throw him in here (maybe possibly for a merc thread of him learning how to recruit?) but feel free to skip him if I take too long. :)

Vass was excited when he heard his mothers call, despite the fact that it was obviously for Burke - but one day, Vassago would rule so he told himself and a good Lord knew everything that went on around his home. 

So, rushing forward in a flurry of long legs, the chestnut boy bolted towards the growing scent of his father. By the time he scrambled to a halt at the bank, his gray, tailless father was leaving the river - and Vass didn't know how to swim. The boy was not shy in voicing his displeasure, especially after he saw an unfamiliar figure next to his mother. Shamelessly, he claimed Malice, too - as far as he knew, the young Lordling was the best thing to ever happen to Malice. 

"Who're YOU? That's my mother."

A growl rumbled from his chest that he thought was just as fearsome as one of his fathers, and his little half of a tail was held as high as it could - his ears were perked forward harshly, picking up the words of the others just over the rushing of the river.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stood with his docked tail raised, he allowed Malice to greet him the way she did but he did not return it seeing that there was a strange male before him and he liked to keep his eyes on this male. It seemed he was unstable and was not very keen on accepting him in the pack if he would do things that he didn't want to do. The older male frowned, though he was a therapist so he perhaps could help the male by talking. If he would provide for Arthendal too by hunting and protecting the male might be more lenient.

It seemed that he wasn't the only one to respond because on the other side of the river was their big mouthed son. Burke almost rolled his eyes, though he knew the pup couldn't swim and it wasn't his business right now. He could watch from a distance which Burke was at peace with. He could watch but not intervene. Perfect. What he also noticed was that the male was very respectful towards him, not anything like Grimnir. The male decided to at least inquire some more information. "I see. I might be able to help but you. But how will I know that you won't do anything to hurt my family?," he asked which seemed to be a very valid question.

"If you want my guidance and help you need to be open and honest with me. I am going to ask questions you might not like. I also want something in return for our protection and my mental guidance. What are your skills?," he asked. His authority stayed even though the male showed respect, he was unstable so Burke would be the constant factor of authority this stranger could lean on.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
With pleading eyes she looked at Burke- She wanted to be a good friend but couldn't without his help. She would respect his decision of course, but if he were to deny Judas a place in the pack she wouldn't be particularly happy. He needed help- had needed help from the beginning just like her. She had already left him behind once and she wasn't planning on doing it again. Her ears flicked to behind where she heard a tiny voice call out. She frowned at turned to the river. This was BigWolfBusiness and none of the child's concern.

Vassago, MANNERS! She called out to her oldest son. She had told some time ago to both of her sons to stay polite- even though Burke probably found his sons acting like this alright. She, however, did not. She joined in their adult conversation again, listening hopefully to Burke. Her eyes lit up, but the light faded very soon. She knew Judas would never intentionally hurt her or her family, but if he were able to convince Burke of it was another thing. She decided to stay silent, finding it better that Judas did the talking for himself.
~Adopt Avalon!~

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas looked past to the river at who had yelled, yet did not have a light smile. His mind was too dark to even smile at the child. "One of yours, I presume?" Already he could hear the whispers.

Burke questioned him, and in truth, Judas himself wasn't even sure if he could stop himself. If he ever snapped again, he wouldn't be able to stop himself. But he needed help. "I..I swear I will bring no harm." He hoped as much as he could hope that it would stay that way.

"I am knowledgeable in herbs." He would have said scouting, but for now it was not safe for him to even go out anywhere. "And poisons." Knowledge of such things could save a life, as he could point them out.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Burke barely looked twice at his son, but Malice's scolding rang across the river with ease and the pup fell silent, glowering over at Judas with a hard, cold face. Grumbling, he did dip his head in a greeting to the man if only to appease his mother - but he still held himself as if it was he who ruled this Isle. 

Plopping down on his stomach, he splashed at the river in anger. Suddenly, he very much wished he knew how to swim - how else would he be able to confront strangers, or go looking for the evil wolves Mom and Dad explicitly told him not to.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched him for a moment, his pale eyes looking at the other with no remorse. It seemed that the male was submissive to him and that he would listen to his help was only the question. "Alright," he agreed. "You are welcome in our home, but I don't want to see you without supervision around any of my young," he spoke. He didn't want them to be in danger of this male. "We will go for a talk now," he added.

This was something that needed to be handled right away, just like Malice teaching their son manners. He needed to address this right away. "Welcome to Arthendal. Work hard, and you get sessions for it in return," he spoke. Burke looked at Malice and gave her a quick nod. It was good to see her being better. He figured she would deal with Vassago as he would talk with Judas.

Last post from Burke! @Judas welcome! :D Also I can make a new thread that takes place right after this one.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Does the dominant behavior not give it away? Malice giggled, saddened by the fact that this was the first impression her oldest son had made on one of her oldest friends. She blinked, returning to the conversation and keeping quiet as Burke spoke. She was surprised that Burke was willing to let him in, elated to know that once again Judas would be with her. She shoved her happiness aside, nodding at Burke as he made his leave. She flicked her tail in the motion that Judas could cross the river, and then splashed into it herself.

She immediately went for her son, looking at him with an angry glare. What did I tell you about greeting strangers? She asked in a stern voice. Manners are important if you ever want to rule- if you ever want to grow up.
~Adopt Avalon!~

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
[ooc] Okay @Burke. And thanks for this thread and letting him in!

Judas looked over at Malice in surprise. He had never heard her giggle like that. She had always felt so serious, except fr that one night they played in the dark. But he snapped back to Burke.

"I understand." It didn't really bother him that he wouldn't be able to see the pups unsupervised. Really, he had no plans to. Not until this was all fixed. He followed, a small distance behind. Not stopping to see what would transpire between the pup and mother. It was none of his business in his mind. However he couldn't help that warm feeling of gratitude and rekindled friendship, bein once again serving under Malice.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
The man was accepted into their home, and Vass felt the beginings of a growl rumbling in his chest - it was cut short by the realization Malice was on her way to him. The boy felt nothing at all was wrong was his behavior, and he was pissed to be repremanded for it; unfortunatley it was not his mother that held the focus of his anger, only Judas. It was somehow his fault, that just by being there and joining he'd caused this. 

Even as his mother snapped at him, the boy was leaping to his paws and haring off the other way - tail and head still held high in defiance. He knew it would come back to bite him in the ass, and Vassago dreaded going home.... So he didnt, not right away. He would spend the next multiple hours dodging everyone on the Isle, hiding and even running away when he had to - especially from his parents, coming back to curl up in the corner of the den just hours from dawn. God they were crazy.

Lol, Vassago out B) Feel free to beat his tiny stumpy butt later!