Firefly Glen Calming Lights
11 Posts
Ooc —
She had had some time to eat and to relax, her nerviousness wouldn't benefit her now. It was late at night as she began to walk into the Glen, choosing it because if its seemingly darkness. She could blend well in here if she needed to and for the time, it could be a good place to get some rest. The ground was damp, but not too mucky. It hadn't rained in days and the ground was faily solid. As she ventured deeper into the glen it seemed that even the moon light was blocked out by the canopy. Once inside the lights of several fireflies seemed to walk with her showing her the way.
Wish to learn more about Sophie?
or
Think it would be fun to thread with her and create plots.
Just PM me! :)

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
There was one major disadvantage to otherwise very likeable and pleasant Southern lands. Birk's ivory coat stood out and it was impossible for him to blend with his surroundings. Equipped with quick feet and stamina, he would be able to outrun any trouble that came in his direction, yet he would very much prefer, if he did not have to be on a constant guard. 

He had spent the late afternoon, chewing a piece of an old deer's hide he had found in, what had seemed to be a long forgotten secret cache. And since autumn evenings tend to get dark very quickly, by the time he had finished eating, it was very dark. Assuming that the place would be safe for a short nap, he set out to carry out this plan, but... the sound of rustling leaves and breaking branches alerted him of a creature that was walking nearby. 

Curious he got to his feet and stood motionlessly, while his eyes scanned the area, looking for the stranger.
11 Posts
Ooc —
She was walking when she began to see white among the green voliage. Moving and in the shape of a wolf. She ducked down bledning into the foliage attempting to hide from the on comming wolf. She stayed hidden thinking for awhile, weighing her options. She was scared and didn't know any other wolves of this land, but she also knew that she needed a pack, protection. 
Peeking her head out from the foliage she looked at the wolf again. Still somewhat in the distance his white firgure came closer. Her pelt color indicated that he wasn't part of her birth pack, and would likely not have associated with them. Nervious, but willing to take the risk she stood up from the foliage allowing the wolf to see her. She waited for him to speak to her rather then the other way around.
or

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Things unfolded like in a typical horror movie.
First - you got worked up by the surroundings, felt fear tingling in your fingertips and then creeping up your whole body. You grew more acute to the sounds and things around you. 
Second - your imagination began to play and draw various images of all the horrible creatures that could be lurking in the darkness and this particular place especially. And you rational part of the mind just went through the window.
Third... well, third is, when you see the actual monster. 

And since for Birk the order of events was exactly like this, his initial reaction to seeing the small, gray she-wolf that appeared suddenly from the hiding spot, was a high-pitched, unmanly squeal: "YIKES!" For additional effect he jumped and then scurried several steps backwards. "Bloody bejesus, you scared the hell out of me," he told the stranger.
11 Posts
Ooc —
As she rose from where she hid the wolf jumped and yelled out backing away rather frantically at her appearance. Almost like a small scared prey animal scampering away from the preditor. Hircine though it was rather amusing and shortly spoke within Sophie's mind "As though oblivion could be within such a skidish thing." 

sophie payed no attention to Hiricne's works she was too nervious herself for her own protetion. Standing there in silence for a moment looking at this other wolf. Getting straight to the point, mostly out of fear she asked. "Are you part of a pack?"
or

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Birk had calmed down enough to have his mind gears set at a normal pace, he was also capable of rational thought and keen observations. The wolf in front of him was a bit smaller and at the first glance appeared to be of frailer built too. What was more important - she seemed to be just as scared of him as he had been initially of her. Oh well...

Together with his confidence, his easy-going nature returned too, he smiled at her in a friendly manner and replied to her question: "I come from the Ice fields. And where do you live or are heading to in the middle of the night?"
11 Posts
Ooc —
The male returned to her with a smile, which relaxed Sophie though she didn't notice it. Her relaxation in her body was a natural responce but in her mind she was still nervious. He said he was from the ice fields, which didn't sound like a pack name to Sophie, an area more like. A bit of disapointment came to Sophie but she was asked a similar question, which didn't allow her to dwell on it too much.

He asked where she was from or where she was heading and though saying where she was going would be the safest of the two to answer. "I'm looking for a pack..."
or

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Can't say that you are the first I have met that is wandering around here with the same purpose," Birk mused out loud. He - on the other hand - was not at all inclined to join any group at the moment. Things were good for the time being and he just did not crave to tie himself in the net of responsibilities, duties and loyalties just yet. Should it ever happen - he reasoned - it should be an impressive pack or deal indeed. 

"Any luck so far?" he went on, since the girl seemed somewhat reserved to add subject to the conversation. "Stupid of me, to ask - therefore... any ideas, where you want to end up, eh?"
11 Posts
Ooc —
Others were looking to join packs as well, other loners like Sophie. Two thoughts came to her mind, one was if those other wolves migth be ones from her pack looking for the pack she would have joined, and the second was the competition she would face while joining a pack. He asked if she had had any luck in looking then changed his question to where she would want to end up. "I need a pack, a secure strong pack." 
or

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That sounds reasonable," Birk agreed - strong and secure packs were the best ones. Though hard to find, unless there was not a family at the core. He remembered then the beat-up guy he had met some time ago, who had tested the pack's ability to defend itself by letting their adolescents maul him big time. He wondered now, if the man had made it in the ranks and how he was he doing now.

"Where are you from, if that is not a secret you should not reveal to anyone?" he questioned further, realizing now that he had to take charge of the conversation, if he wanted it to keep going.
11 Posts
Ooc —
He agreed that what she was searching for was a good thing but offered no assistance in her finding it. The next thing that he asked scared her as he asked where she was from. A simple question but one that could expose her for who she was and send thousands to her possition. It was possible that he was just trying to be nice and continue the conversation, but she couldn't take that risk, not when she had no backing in this area. Flustered she said "I'm sorry, I really need to go. It was nice meeting you." and before she could hear anything he was going to say she ran off intothe night disappearing into it.

Nothing personal she's just paranoid.
or

427 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I get that. :) It's cool to write with different characters. Thank you for the thread!

"Good luck with everything!" Birk called after the girl, who soon disappeared in the shadows. He was not too disappointed to see her go, because it was night-time and she had seemed a bit creepy. Therefore the fact that he had managed to fend off a night-crawler made his plans for sleeping all the more calmer. After a little wandering and fighting through the bushes, he found a nice, safe hallow, where he dug himself in the old leaves and took a nap.