Two Rivers Isle teach me.
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Remy wasn't normally a wolf to ask for help by any means, but as he got older he began to realize that he knew a fraction of what he thought he did. Though he didn't particularly like violence, it was one of the things he was best at, and he would use it to better himself in the eyes of his superiors. 
With a sweeping call for @Burke, Remy awaited his presence to voice his concerns. Hopefully, Burke would listen, and with even the slightest spark of empathy, he would agree to Remy's set terms.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was curious when a new wolf howled for him. He had yet to get to know him more so if he was honest with himself the male was happy to be called. The lord of the pack wasn't the meanest wolves round though he could be a bit grumpy at times. Perhaps it came with his age and the things that happened in his past.

The grey tank trotted up towards the male and greeted him with a nod. "Remy," he spoke and then sat down, wondering what he wanted to talk about. Burke was a counselor so he could help with certain things.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Burke, my Lord, Remy responded with a respectful dip of his head, I-I wanted to ask a favor. I want to learn about the art of combat, sir, and I know you can teach me. In reality, Remy didn't know much of anything about Burke, but flattery was always a nice place to start with new wolves, especially superiors.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke gave a firm nod after he listened to the request of the other. "That can be arranged. I am more of a defensive fighter, a guardian. If you want to go into real combat I would advise you to go to Aeronwyn. She is our trained warrior and Warlord, or well Warlady," he explained the other.

He knew he was getting older, he reached the age of seven now. Which was not longer and adult but elderly, though he refused to be called an elder. The male was confident with that his health was in a good shape enough to not be called an elder yet.
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I'll gladly take it where I can get it Remy admitted and I'd like to be as well-rounded as possible, if you'd be okay with my taking lessons from you both. Remy was gracious for the Lord's acceptance of his request, but he knew things would only get rocky from there. Remy wasn't necessarily a wolf who liked to work, and abusing his opportunity with Burke might not work in his favor.
Still, he was willing to try.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded, liking the mentality of the wolf before him. "That is fine by me. Most of our wolves have an affinity with fighting and combat. My son Vassago could also use some sparring," he added. Pyro he didn't really see as a fighter. Oh well. "Tell me what you know about fighting. So I know where to start,"he spoke to the male in return. Burke had taking on the mentor mantle before so it almost came natural for him to do so again.
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Remy thought for a moment about his response. My father taught me about the hunt, but I don't have much experience in combat. If it was anything like taking down a deer or snapping at a fish, then Remy was set, but something in his mind told him that he would have a lot to learn. 
I sparred a bit when I was younger but it's been a while. That being said, I don't think I've ever won anyway. For the sake of being honest, he added on the last humble statement. He wanted for his Lord to know all of what he was getting himself into.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded firmly once more when the other spoke again. This time more humble and explaining more, logically so seeing he asked for a clarification. "Alright, well perhaps we can find some links with hunting. Though that is often to murder, and combat is not always about murder," he explained to the younger male.

"Wins are not important. Whether you lost or you didn't often it is your life that is most precious. So every combat can be a win if you come out of it mostly unharmed and you've learned something from it," he spoke. Burke then puffed out his chest a bit and pushed himself to his feet. "Okay so how would you attack me?"
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Uh... Remy looked for the proper way to address the situation, but for the first time in a long time, he was speechless. Burke didn't really expect him to...attack, did he? Remy hesitated but carefully lunged forward, trying to grab onto a foreleg, though his movements were awkward and doubtful. Like...that? I don't...
Though it wasn't like Remy to admit when he needed help, he was completely befuddled. The shock of his Lord's command had masked whatever bit of confidence he had within him.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke sort of expected this to happen, it was luckily not a bad reaction. He would probably have been more startled when the male would attack him very effectively and with confidence, then his story wouldn't add up. "Yes and no. Because now I can grab you just behind your skill and easily bite through your nerves if I want to kill you," he explained to him. "You positioned yourself lower than me by going for my foreleg, giving me a position of power," he added.

The male looked over the other. "Going for the leg can be a good way to hurt your opponent, but if you go for the leg go for one of the hind legs after a dodge or something like that. There you won't have teeth that can get close to your neck, though those teeth could reach your own back leg."
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ears flopped and brow furrowed with confusion, Remy did nothing but release a devastated sigh. This was...well, it was definitely more than he remembered from his childhood. And to think that this was only the first day, too. Okay so...okay...yep, okay.
Remy looked up at Burke with pleading eyes, hoping they could reschedule once he'd had time to regroup. After all, this was a lot of information. 
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke instantly noticed the motion of the ears. His own were pushed forward and glanced over the other. "You don't have to be a fighter if you don't like it. I hope you know that," he explained to the other. He didn't want him to think he had to be a fighter, they had plenty. They were very open for others to pursue what they liked not what they had to pursue.
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
No, no, I do! Remy reassured him, it's just that I think I need a couple of days to get back into the swing of things. He felt like a child again, Burke his father -- no matter what was said, Remy knew that to be of value, he had to have strength. Weakness was a woman's trait, and he was a man, the protecter of his home, or so he'd been taught.
With a quick perking of his posture, Remy smiled and gave a gracious bow to Burke. I want to be a fighter. I want to be trained properly and I appreciate you taking time to do so.
· easthollow ·
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was lightly surprised when the male corrected him, though he was glad to see such determination. The male gave a firm nod. "Alright. I was just making sure that you really wanted this." The alpha sat down again, feeling like this session came to an end and he would not need to stand to be a figure to attack.

"Take the time you need. If you are ready for more information you can return to me, or go with me on a patrol." The male often liked the company on a patrol, otherwise he could be so boring. The bigger male wanted to say that he could visit Aero too, but he realized he had already said that. He didn't want to overwhelm the boy.
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Remy smiled curtly, though he appreciated the reassurance. He would seek out Burke in the future, now that he was under his watch and wing, thus Remy thought that there wasn't much else to be said. Thanks, Burke. I'll definitely be around. Why not call for me next time you're at the border? Remy shook his fur free (a showy attempt to regain whatever of his pride he could) of the day's work and started off from the scene, though his ears remained perked for any final words.
· easthollow ·