Meadowlark Prairie Walnut Petal of The Crystal Empire
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
Despite the approaching winter Birk was faring surprisingly well. The only downside was that he had to feast on small prey - hunting took most of his time and therefore his progress in travelling elsewhere was very slow. Now and then he would think about his family, which he had left in the far North, wonder, what were they doing now and, whether next spring there would be a new batch of little siblings to raise and look after. But that aside he knew that the decision to take his own path had been the right one. 

Today he had moved further North from the big lake he had spent most of his time at and, while looking for small critters that could still be hiding in the grass, he caught a whiff of a very densely inhabited area nearby. There in the distance lied a forest, where many wolves dwelled, and Birk stopped to decide, whether he would want to draw closer and find out, who lived there, or move on, keeping a safe distance between himself and the unkown folk.
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai weaved through the grasses at a brisk pace adrenline rushing through his body. A smile resting on his paw. He had succeeded in screwing with a pack and he was quite proud of himself. Though in his fit of self admiration he almost collided with a white wolf who was stopped and appeared to be looking around. Onai pulled himself to quite an immediate stop and stood just looking at the wolf letting out a low growl becuase he'd interupted Onai's pride parade.

"What the fuck," he stated bluntly. "Who the hell just stops and stands in the middle of a meadow. You looking to get yourself killed?" he added with his eyes narrowed.

Welcome to the land of the assholes xD
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Apparently Birk's train of thoughts had taken a rather long ride, because someone big and heavy collided with him making him stumble several steps to the side and eye the stranger in a surprised manner. He listened to his insults, collected himself and straightened his posture in the meanwhile, and, when the man had finished talking, Birk could regard him with a look, full of contempt, and say:

"And you consider yourself that killer? You might as well have just met your worst enemy and might not be aware of it."
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai shrugged at the white wolf's words. "Not neccessarily me. You're a white wolf standing in a meadow, its not like you blend in. I certainly wouldnt be here on my own for long periods of time, though most critters think I'm a bear from a distance," he stated bluntly. "As for meeting my worst enemy, the thought doesn't phase me. I am a fighter born and raised and I don't care much who I'm fighting. I know who I can mess with and who I can't," he added with a roll of his shoulders.

"If I'm wrong, which isn't very often, then I suffer the consequences," he stated glancing at a few of his scars he had obtained throughout his life time.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Now this guy was very full of himself... Birk listened to him first in awe at the other's high self-esteem, then he mustered up a very serious expression, nodding at all the appropriate places during  the speech, while feeling very much amused behind this serious mask at the same time. 

"Well, you are right - my coat sucks at camoflouge and I also can't boast with a vast experience in fighting that you seem to have," he said with a good-natured smile and a hint of innocence that came so naturally to him, while in his mind he saw the beautiful image of a polar bear chasing this guy on the ice-fields. "Good thing I have met you though - do you know these lands well?" he continued. "I am new around here and perhaps there are places I should not go - in case I get in danger of being mauled to death?"
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai was almost surprised by this guys lack of care for his assholeishness. He just brushed off every comment like it was nothing or retorted with something that made Onai have to reconsider any and all attempts at annoying this guy. 

Birk accepted the fact he was shitty at camoflague and stated it was probably good that he had met Onai. No, no its not. He felt like saying but he realized this wolf probably would come up with something better than that to say in return. This wolf's innocence frustrated Onai and he was aware this conversation would not last long like this.

Though when questioned of any packs to avoid Onai immediately had an answer. "Neverwinter forest, avoid them. Their wolves can't take a joke," he stated bluntly and with a half chuckle. "They're a couple days travel north west if you walk, near a hot spring" he added to ensure the wolf would know the area should he fall on it. 

"That's about the only pack I've had issues with so far," he stated finishing that conversation and hoping this wolf had no further questions and Onai could be on his way.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Can't take a joke, you say..." Birk repeated, appearing to be deep in thoughts for few moments. "That's really bad - I can't imagine, how can one live without a sense of humor. They must truly be a miserable bunch..." he noted the name though, knowing well that by the time he was out of this guy's reach, he would probably have forgotten all about them and run by their lands of seriousness anyway.

"What kind of prank you played on them to get that piece of information?" he asked with genuine interest. Though with head in the clouds, he was an interesting fellow.
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai nodded abruptly in agreement when the white male mentioned they must be a lonely bunch if they lived without a sense of humour. Though when the white wolf questioned what he had done that they had taken the wrong way he had to take a moment to think about how to make it sound better than what it was.

"Well i was kinda just trotting on near their borders and taunting joking around with them. Just trying to have some fun and have some company but I suppose they took it the wrong way," Onai spoke trying to sound as innocent as possible despite the fact that this wolf would more than likely see through it. 

Seems him and this wolf were polar opposites or pretty darn close to it which was ironic since their coats were on the opposite ends of the spectrum as well.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That is certainly a fatal way of joking," Birk said with a smirk, seeing the mental picture of this guy trying the same joke on his family members. He was the most easy-going one compared to the rest of the Jotunn's folk, who wouldn't need a second invitation to tear some reckless loner apart. 

"I conclude that you are an adrenaline-junkie, right?" he asked, looking the man up and down once more and thinking that he looked just like a person, who could afford to do so. "Have you got any other crazy adventures to tell about?"
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai's ears twitched and he chuckled as Birk stated that was certainly a fatal way of joking. "It might be, but I don't have a death wish," he spoke bluntly and his casual roll of his shoulders. Birk then brought up the point of him being an adrenaline junkie. "No not really, I'm just an asshole who likes a good fight, or pissing people off," he said with a smile. Every word of what he was saying was true. He saw no reason to lie to this wolf though growing slightly frustrated with the very laid back attitude of this wolf. 

This was not a fun conversation for him, it was not a girl and he did not want to fight or play into Onai's humor. Boring. Birk questioned as to whether Onai had any other crazy adventures and Onai's eyes narrowed briefly. "No, not here and the rest is none of your buisness," he stated knowing his brother would not be impressed if information about their lifestyle was released and since he had no other literal stories to tell here that was the response he decided on.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: sorry for the wait!

"Fair enough," Birk nodded, thinking that a "reckless fighter" and "person, who pisses people off" is way better description of this jerk. And the last word was not even an insult. He believed that, if he had said it out loud, the guy would just puff his chest out and be proud of it. 

"All right then - I guess that I will drag my white, camouflage-less ass, wherever I had intended to go," Birk said, doing a full body stretch as he said this, "and you can jerk off, wherever you wish to go. I understand that it was in the opposite direction than mine?"

He heard, what the other had to say and then their paths parted.