Golden Glade sorrel
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Private 
Days had passed since the birth of the twins, yet Eden felt as though time was moving much too fast for her liking. They fed frequently (up to five times a day, occasionally more) but the new mother enjoyed the feeling, for despite the aches, she was giving life to her young. Though the boy (Kieran Adrien, Eden decided) remained quiet for most of his short life, her daughter, Sorrel Marie was vocal about her discontent with the cold winter world.
My love, Eden would coo down to the infant. Occasionally, she would gently nuzzle the girl to make sure she was still breathing, but for the most part, Sorrel was adamant about making herself known. A gentle smile whipped across Eden's face as she awoke one morning to their quiet whines.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
hope the vague pp is ok <3

Even deep in the tunnels where days were dark and the air was damp, the cool winter air still managed to seep through. Sorrel had been a weak babe since birth, yet a few days of careful nourishment had seen her her begin to develope a strong physique. Her lungs, too, grew with each breathe, and a complaintive squeak of protest was uttered as a cold draft made her body shiver.

She lay between her mothers paws, maw latched fiercely onto the rough hair as her discomfort quelled, her own tiny paws kneading the skin as Eden's gentle nuzzling chased away the cold. She still smelt of not, and this part of her definitely didn't give the youngster the rich cream the was craving. She could smell her nest-brother a little way away, perhaps he had found the source? Maybe he was taking her share. A thin wail began to accumulate from the babe's mouth, demanding and needy as she unhooked herself from Eden's paw. She didn't really know how she'd come to be so far away, but all that conscious told her was that she needed food now, or at least before he could take it all.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden was stricken with awe by the sweet innocence of Sorrel's movements. Seeing how she kneaded at the fur on her mother's paw signaled an affectionate nuzzle and lick to the head, before Eden was moving the girl back to her teat. There you are, she cooed, though her voice was thick with lethargy and aching. 
Already had Sorrel proven the smaller of the litter (Kieran was at least twice his sister's size) thus Eden made it a priority to make sure that she had her fair share of milk as well. Soon, she might let their father into the den, but for now, she needed this time alone to adjust. 
english · french
· republic of auros ·
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Her plaintive whines were met with cooing attention from her mother, gentle and calming as she was plucked from her post and placed back at Eden's breast. Even at this young age, the babe was learning, clocking how emitting a sound would attract the awareness of others and give her what she wanted. But before she did anything else, where was the nest-brother?

She found him not far off, his thick scent luring her into the soft warmth of Eden's belly where she found his lumpy figure. With all the sternness her pudgy frame could muster, she nosed him in his side, nostrils flaring as she latched herself onto a teat. A surprised gurgle followed next as Sorrel discovered that the lump hadn't nicked her share and there was, in fact, plenty left. She settled down with a few content pips, paws kneading both Mother's skin and Kieran's flank with possible, if a little haughty, gratitude.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)