Sun Mote Copse wonderland
27 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Set for the 14th of December; she is on the edge of the territory investigating the scent marks.

This forest was different from the many she had passed through. Miyax was curious of course, always interested in exploration. She had found a place filled with dust and light, and even the fresh snow could barely fall between these trees. The air was thick but not humid (it was winter, that would be strange), but the snow had drifted between the trunks and now seemed to hang in the air, shining with what limited light it could pick up. The shadows created blue-tinted sections across the forest floor, and when Miyax passed through them, she felt the chill dig deep in to her flesh.

She had found more than that, though. It was a beautiful place, but there were scents here of wolf, and having learned her lesson from the last pack she had dared to cross, she did not wish to repeat her mistake. Miyax was confident in herself as she always was — yet she did not seek out the scents of these wolves, nor obnoxiously roll herself in them, desperate as she was for companionship. It was a tactic that worked in her natal pack for the many visitors; yet she had been admonished for it days ago, and the hurt from that still stung.

No, this time would be different. She hung back along the fringes of the territory this time. The no wolf land before her, the scents of many wolves and the many indicators of their claim drifting to her on the hollow wind. She tasted the cold more than anything. Miyax could not learn much about the wolves of this forest, only that they were present — and that there were more females here than males, which was an oddity she desired to explore.

The woman canted her head back, finally, and raised an eerie call: I am here, where are you? And then turned her attention to her surroundings, wondering if she would hear a reply first, or be met with teeth instead.
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He was not one for patrolling borders, nor fighting off strangers, but he had the power of his words, his mind, his herbs. He could threaten, especially when he had a huge brute's loyalty, but now that he had a pack of angry, devoutly religious hormonal females —with a litter to protect!— he felt overconfident. That's why he strode towards the calling female so blatantly, a huge poisoned smile on his face. Guten tag, Eindringliche Dame!
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
[table width=55%][tr][td]
the golden-eyed creature at the border had caught eshamun's attention, but the ekar-aji had not yet responded to the call. she wished to watch the wolf for some time. and so she settled herself in the shadow of the quiet pines to watch. bastian attended the intruder, and the canaanite smiled to see the oddly-voiced and rather ragged man call out in his guttural tones to the pale stranger. for the present she remained veiled, intrigued to watch how the interaction would turn out.[/tr][/td]
[/table]

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
27 Posts
Ooc —
When a voice carried to her from seemingly nowhere, Miyax was startled. She back up a half-step and looked for the source of the noise, her nose wiggling and small ears standing like tiny pyramids atop her head. It was easy for her to find the oncoming wolf. He was brazen. His posture was confident. There was something in the tone of his voice that made her uneasy though, so Miyax stayed rooted to her spot rather than being her usually investigative self. She had learned from her last experience — a little more jaded now, she was skeptical and cautious instead of bold and frivolous with her life. All the same, she reached out with her eager snout for a taste of the air around him, and crooned an inviting note towards the stranger.
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She gave no verbal answer, only extending her head to smell the air about him, a soft note crooning from her maw. He chuckled, his smile wide as ever. Don't talk much, eh, Fraülein? Zat is alright, He stepped forward, head canted slightly. He was somewhat aware of someone else watching him; he did not know who. It did not matter. 

He approached the woman, then lunged forward, snapping his fangs close to her neck, trying his best to touch her without hurting her. Get away, Fraülein, lest you 'ave a good reason for comink so close,
27 Posts
Ooc —
So, since Ebony is gone... I guess I'll tag @Ar-Khalba since he's next in line? IDK!

He made all manner of noise which had Miyax turning her head from side to side, curious but ignorant, like a husky being forced to listen to puppies howling on youtube.

When he lunged for her she was surprised. Miyax withdrew her sniffing nose and retreated backwards with flighty steps, but did not leave. The same invitation crooned out of her — I am friend, I am friend! Her posture said. Unaware that they were being watched (and for how much longer she remained in the dark as well), Miyax was keen to impart a good impression upon this stranger and ease his aggression.

She needed a home for winter, and she was able bodied enough to be a good fit to anyone.
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
i am here for now @Miyax and can help finish this joining thread <3

[table width=55%][tr][td]
bastian leapt at the woman, speaking in his strange, throaty tongue — eshamun blinked, but her ears strained forward with curiosity that the wolfess did not immediately depart. her body spoke, and the ekar-aji stepped forth and chuffed lightly at her subordinate, intending that he call off the flash of his teeth.
to the woman did eshamun give her attention now; she reached to stiffly take the other's scent and sought the gaze in the narrow face. "this is the malkaria," she murmured, straightening. "why have you come?"[/tr][/td][/table]

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
27 Posts
Ooc —
I hope its OK that I skip @Bastian — I'd like to end the thread and carry on her story elsewhere. Maybe she'll double back and try again. She's traveled too far away at this point and I don't wanna discredit half her post log hahaha.

When a second wolf arrived, Miyax grew more nervous. The first had outright snapped at her for no apparent reason — being defensive most likely, but she was eager and submissive, and pleaded with a short whine for his compliance — and so she was unsure of what to do when there were two-versus-one.

This second wolf was thin and fit. The scent of it was everywhere, so Miyax assumed the land belonged to her (and rightly so); the stranger had an air of control about her but Miyax, thinking her small and diminutive (and thusly weak), did not immediately catch-on that she might be of higher rank than the healthy male present.

Similar to her encounter with the Silver Creek wolves, she misjudged the situation. It no longer seemed viable for her to linger, not when the male had snapped at her in such a way, and now with an added body -- she was too nervous about it. So without further pleading, Miyax withdrew. Her tail curled low, the tip flicking, her ears slicked back and eyes averted, she hastened a retreat.