Precarious Situation
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi was debating whether she should actually go anywhere near the mountain, considering her last run in with pack wolves. Her interaction with that pretty black lone wolf had gone surprisingly well, but all other interactions with wolves had put her off to going in search of more. And yet… her adventurous streak won through in the end.

This time she was not stupid enough to march right past the border markings. She stayed a paw's length away from crossing over. Wondering what sort of trouble she would get into next, the coy-wolf tipped her head and let out a howl that said, Macawi is here, and ready to talk. She is friendly. Come and say hello!
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri lay Sphinx-like his head on his paws, but his ears were erect though his blood red eyes were closed. Until the howl reached across the land and red eyes snapped open as he swiftly moved his large body to his feet. With a loping run he made it to the borders to see a coyote and immediately a growl started. She was not on the borders but she was beside them and Queen Jinx had said No one was to be on or near the land and to chase them away.

He offered he a savage smile blood dripping from mouth and teeth as always. Red eyes opened wide and glowed and glittered. He tightened his foothold in the dirt arching his tail, laying his ears back and staring at her. "You there Leave or Sitri eat you. He snarled again the sound feral and angry and wild. Sitri eat you little coyote so run run.
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Jinx's command to her wolves had been clear: no canines would step foot near Silvertip Mountain without answering to the teeth of the mountain's inhabitants. She had grown tired of the insolence of others in her time at the creek, and to quell it, had extended the pack's artificial boundary well beyond their true boundary. Any wolf or coyote or other dog-like beast within this narrow stretch of land surrounding the pack's territory was instantly to be chased off or, if fortune favoured, caught and severely beaten. That was how Silvertip worked.

So when a high-pitched, hybrid howl pierced the sky in a summons, Jinx wasted no time. She loped quickly down the mountain terrain, relishing her new-found confidence on the mountain's face and stretching her neck to hold her head high. She arrived on the scene to find Sitri growling at what seemed to be an ordinary coyote.

Sitri gave her an option in the form of words, but Jinx extended no such offer. Words only allowed another a chance to speak, and she didn't want to hear anything come out of the offending coyote's slim mouth but yelps. She lowered her head, thrust forth her ears, and barrelled into a headlong charge directly for the intruder. There was no mistaking her intent. Her jaws slung wide as she lunged, attempting to grab the smaller creature by the scruff and throw her brutally to the ground, where she hoped to tear at it until it pissed itself with fear.
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande heard the stranger's call and was at the borders in an instant. Her lips were locked in a silent snarl and her usual soft-spoken self was gone. She would carry out her orders, and nothing more. The shadow glared at the newcomer, her voice harsh.

"Speak your peace quickly or leave now, stranger."
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OOC: Ahhh! *runs away* Y'all are crazy! Macawi just wants to be friiieeeends! Lol.

IC: "Sitri eat you, little coyote, so run. Run," the wolf said.

Macawi was about to respond with a happy reply, when, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a big white she-wolf barreling toward her. She waited until the last possible second, when she could see the wolf's gleaming white fangs reaching for her throat, and then let her body go limp and rolled safely out of the way, though not without an accidental kick in the side when the she-wolf ran past her.

Quickly, she jumped to her paws, and backed away from the three angry, territorial wolves. Three against one was an unfair match, and she was tempted to forget the whole thing and run while she still had an intact jugular, but her wolf blood got the better of her, so she stayed, though she kept her distance.

Across the space between them, Macawi went over to the hare she had dropped to let out the howl, picked it up in her jaws, and threw it towards the two wolves who had not charged her. "A gift," she called to them, eyeing the white she-wolf as well, to let her know that she was also acknowledged. "Macawi wishes she had more to offer, but she was not expecting a group of Cousins - wolves, she means."

She knew she didn't have much time to explain herself before one or more of them would try attacking again, so she hurried on. "Listen to Macawi. This one's grandfather was a pure-bred wolf, like you, and her father was half-wolf. Macawi is a hybrid. A quarter wolf on her father's side. She wishes to join your pack. She comes in peace, and will not attack you or steal from you. Macawi wants only to be part of a pack again. Believe her. Please."

The coy-wolf kept her paws ready to run, but paused in her constant shuffling long enough to gaze into each pair of eyes - even the orange, rabid ones of the white female, who Macawi could instantly tell - from smell alone - was the alpha. Then, she waited, fully expecting to be barreled at again.
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri saw Jinx barrel towards the other creature so he shifted his large body and followed suit. A feral growl was working it's way up and he went straight for the Coy Wolf. He was doing his duty as was what he was supposed to do. He should have attacked first and he was sure he would feel the last of his queen's displeasure but he was rectifying that mistake now, with large paws tearing at the ground he jumped at the coy/wolf with a feral wild gleam in his eye. He snapped his teeth at her shoulder unsure if she would move from him or not. She was smaller than him so with her size she had a advantage.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
For Jinx, there were no grudges in this primal dance of territory protection. At least, they were not born from the act of protection itself. If a wolf wrongly approached the borders and complied in leaving when she chased him, then if Jinx met that wolf again, she would not hold the behaviour against him. Only if he failed to comply would she develop a grudge and lose respect for the individual. This quirk of Jinx's could therefore work in Macawi's favour if the coy-wolf would only behave properly.

A snarl erupted from her throat when the lithe creature dodged her, though she knew she should have expected it. Coyotes were fast, faster than wolves... But not infinitely so. She looked up as Tyrande's voice cut the air—she hadn't even seen the dark-furred woman, so intent was she on ridding the borders of Macawi's presence—but her attention was drawn back to the action when Sitri joined her in the charge.

Jinx prepared to lunge for Macawi once more, largely ignoring the words she spoke. There was no point in answering verbally now, while the coy-wolf was so near their territory. The Alpha bitch took heed of them, however, and deigned to allow the small, ruddy hybrid her time to speak and impress the wolves of Silvertip... Once she was further away from the mountain. If the woman complied without retaliation and ran, then at some point the wolves would stop pursuing, and at that point the Alpha would listen, but not now. As if to goad the coyote in that direction, she snapped for the other's hindquarters, hoping to impress upon her that this nearness was unacceptable.
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
*sniffle* third wheel moment

Tyrande sighed. She watched as the two began to-rather foolishly, in her opinion- began to chase the coyote hybrid again like a mother would watch her pups. She padded over and looked down at the rabbit, sniffing in interest. It was plump, in almost perfect condition. She turned her head towards her two pack-mates, calling out rather comically.

"I know we're supposed to be chasing a coyote around like a mouse, but maybe we should listen? There's a pretty decent vermin over here that it brought us."

She had meant no disrespect, but sometimes Tyrande wondered if their customs were a little oberboard.

"Technically, it didn't really cross our border."
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OOC: Thank you, Tyrande! At least YOU'RE nice! Lol.

IC: Macawi's blood ran cold when she realized that her usual evading tactics would not work on these two wolves. So, she did what anyone else would do: she ran. Behind her, she could hear them in hot pursuit, practically breathing down her neck.

She called behind her shoulder, "Macawi has not crossed these Wolves' borders! Why chase her? Why are all Wolves mean to Coyote? So stubborn they are! Macawi wants only to be friends, but do her Cousins listen? No. Of course not!"

With a huff of irritation, she continued running, vaguely wondering if they would ever stop.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri gave chase he would chase her to neutral territory and stop. Once she got beyond there she was safe he thought if he understood the queen correctly. maybe he should just chase the coy/wolf until Demon queen stopped yes he could do that.

Large brutish paws ate up the ground as he kept up used to running after prey and prisoners and all other types of things. His eyes were narrow and his breathing was rhythmic as he followed her gnashing at her heels.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
OOC: Here comes Erika to save Macawi before she gets killed!

IC: The half-lovely, half-monstrous wolf trotted on the hard stones of the mountain range's roots. It had been a few days since she agreed to return to give her ultimatum on the matter of joining a pack. After running into a few wolves from the different packs around here, she had decided that she would join the Silvertip Mountain pack. They were indeed the only one to be of a traditional style, a style she was used to and liked. Her decision was made and here she was, back on the mountain, looking for Madame Jinx, Mademoiselle Tyrande, or someone from the pack to bring her to the white alpha.

A howl, too high to be a wolf's, stopped her for a moment. It was definitely a coyote's, but there was something familiar about it.....Macawi! The coyote-wolf hybrid she had befriended a few days ago was nearby. Her constantly idle tail began wagging happily. The black wolf began walking towards the sound with a bounce in her step.

As she grew nearer to where she heard her friend's call, she began to hear growls and submissive yips, presumably from Macawi. From the sound of it, the coy-wolf was found by one of the Silvertip Mountain patrols. Remembering what Madame Jinx said about how strictly the pack defended borders, her heart began to race. Si ils l'ont blessent, ainsi Dieu me soit aider!

The smell of 3 wolves, Madame Jinx, the peculiar Mademoiselle Tyrande, and an unknown male, pervaded her nostrils. Suddenly she saw Macawi burst into a run, yelling for the wolves to stop harassing her. Erika growled softly and ran up to the three wolves. "Arrêter! Stop! Do not 'urt ze coyote! Madame Jinx! Please stop!"
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Sorry if it seems like I'm disregarding anyone's posts! Keeping track of multiple chars is hard for me without writing way too much!

The flurry of activity was chaotic enough to keep Jinx from speaking, but she would have had choice words if she had been able to speak. While Sitri responded appropriately and bolted after the coyote,Tyrande tried to reason that the coyote had done nothing wrong. If the heat of chase hadn't forced her feet to follow the fleeing Macawi, she would have sharply reminded Tyrande that borders were not physical walls that could be so easily defined by “in” or “out”, at least not in her mind.

Instead, she shot the female a pointed glare before heading off after the coyote. Sitri was already hot on the speedy female's heels, but Jinx's delay had cost her the opportunity to truly join the chase. Nevertheless she sped along on Sitri's trail and eventually, where the trees of the mountain began to thin and open toward the flatlands, she caught sight of them. Macawi could outspeed both of them, she knew... But she had no intention of harming the hybrid.

She had complied.

It was sheer coincidence that Erika emerged in her path just before she was about to call Sitri off. The result was an alarmed snarl as she veered suddenly to the left to avoid colliding with the dark-furred lone wolf. Her momentum broken, the warrior Alpha ground to a halt and bellowed, “Sitri, enough!” Assuming the obedient chocolate male returned to her side, she would rub her nose along his cheek appreciatively.

Glancing briefly at Erika, the female pursed her lips before stepping forward a step or two and raising her tail stiffly. Macawi had done as Jinx “asked” with her actions, and so it was only fair that Jinx give her what she wanted. An approval for an appropriate action taken. She was not as completely heartless and heedless as she sometimes let on. “Macawi,” she called across the distance (assuming of course that the coy-wolf hadn't kept on running), “Your name, I presume? What is your business with Silvertip? You must know to come so close to a claimed land is suicide for your breed.”
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande flinched at the glare she was given. After the chase had died down, she tentatively crawled over there, preparing herself for whatever punishment she would be given. She had done wrong, and almost everyone there knew it. She whined apologetically as she approached Jinx and the others, looking down at the earth, tail between her legs.
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OOC: Pardon Macawi's language in this post. Originally I didn't intend for her to be so angry, but it seems Jinx's "your breed" comment was the last straw…

IC: Macawi skidded to a halt as quickly as her paws would let her the moment she realized that she was not being chased anymore. As she turned herself around so that she could have a proper conversation with her pursuers, the alpha female's words came to her.

"You must know to come so close to a claimed land is suicide for your breed.”

Your breed.

Macawi let out an uncharacteristic growl, and for the first time in a long time she felt true anger well up inside her. She marched right up to the female and stopped two feet away. "Listen here, you puffed up, arrogant wolf!" she snarled, feeling something instinctual and black consuming her senses. "Macawi has been tried and tested time and time again by your breed!" She spat the last two words out; they tasted bitter on her tongue. Some little voice in her head shouted at her to stop right there, but she didn't listen.

"Macawi is a quarter wolf on her father's side! But for the first time in her life, she wished she wasn't! Wolves are the most ignorant, racist, pompous creatures that Coyote has ever met in her life! Wolves are worse than humans! You go around, chasing Macawi without even listening! Macawi was perfectly willing to follow your rules - your laws. But she is not so sure now. Why the fuck would Macawi want to join a bunch of racist wolves who hate her kind when she would be better off in the woods, fighting bears and barely surviving! She would rather die than listen to one more comment about her being of lesser value than her Cousin the Wolf!"

By this point, the coyote was screaming in rage. "Too long has Macawi put up with this shit from creatures like YOU!" Here, she put her snout right up to the alpha female's. "This alpha thinks she knows who is better, does she? DOES SHE? FIGHT MACAWI THEN. Macawi will beat this one down for her sneering comments!"
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri skidded to a stop at his alpha's call and retreated to her side once again he accepted the skim and licked her under the chin before he stood at her side ready for more orders.

Sitri growled once in warning and when the abuse of words continued and then the coy wolf stepped towards his alpha he stepped forward a low menacing growl on his lips and his teeth pulled back in a feral snarl. Macawi back up. Queen wants fight you fine, but for now you back up or Sitri have to help you back up. he may not know many things and he may be just a drone, but he did know how meaningful a name could be and thus was why he chose to use the coy/wolfs name. He was not trying to attack her now or upset her, but she was too close to his alpha nad queen and she needed to back up. If Queen wanted to fight her very well he would back down, but for now he was not going too.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika gave a relieved sigh knowing that Macawi was no longer in danger. The chocolate brown male, Sitri, responded quickly to his alpha's command and ceased to chase after the coyote. Madame Jinx shot a glare at Mademoiselle Tyrande, who submissively ground herself on the dirt. She had disobeyed Jinx's orders somehow and if it wasn't for the situation at hand, she might have gotten cuffed or worse.

The black wolf intended to run to Macawi and see how her friend was doing. She was intercepted by the Alpha however. Jinx approached the coyote and questioned her, as was customary to intruders (but not to coyotes). Macawi's response was not as she expected.

Erika expected the hybrid to respond in a soft, purring voice. She expected something along the lines of "Macawi was interested in joining this one's pack. We are cousins, did you not know? Macawi is a quarter wolf on her father's side....." But no. Macawi was offended by Jinx's tone of voice and began yelling, then screaming. It astonished her, so much so that her ears folded flat on her head.

The brutish wolf Sitri stepped forward and threatened the little coyote. The size difference was huge. If Macawi fought back, Erika thought there was no chance for her friend to even survive.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tyrande crawled up alongside the other three wolves. Jinx glanced at her, swaying her tail as if to tell her it was okay. Soon, Jinx would rally the pack together and explain the nature of their laws in more detail and the inspiration for them, so that situations like this could be avoided in the future. Tyrande's gentle nature conflicted with the pack's base laws, but that was no fault of the dark-furred woman's. The threat of a canine competitor had been removed for now and there was no harm done. It was naught but a subtle reminder that it was not proper conduct.

Thankfully, nobody attacked Erika. The woman wasn't yet an initiated member of Silvertip Mountain but she was nonetheless under Jinx's protection until such a time as she pledged to another leader. She hadn't explained this to the mountain wolves, having had precious little time to do so since their last encounter, but thankfully they seemed to take cues from her. The half-faced wolf didn't say anything further, though she didn't forget the plea to spare the coy-wolf's life.

That was exactly what she intended to do... Initially.

Unfortunately, Macawi chose that exact moment, having already earned the ire of the Silvertip Mountain Alpha, to begin spouting out nonsense. It was really just luck that had Jinx use the word “breed”, a result of her insensitive and dense brain and upbringing. She wasn't the smartest wolf and she definitely wasn't the most considerate. Nevertheless, she did not feel apologetic for having said it, for everything the coyote spouted out assumed she was racist, when her actions said otherwise.

Her muscles tightened and she quivered on the spot, willing herself to hear out this absolutely foolish speech, if only because Erika had asked her to stay her hand. But when Macawi began to approach her boldly, as if they were somehow equals, it was more than enough to override any care she had for the other wolves. Blood pounded hotly in her ears, drowning out Sitri's warning for the coyote and the tail end of Macawi's monologue. Brusquely, the wolf's snout wrinkled furiously and, whiskers aquiver, she snapped at the other canine's snout, pushing forward to crowd her and force her away.

“You will get the fuck away from me,” she hissed, ”or I will rip off your entire face and wear it for my husband's amusement, and pin up your body in the position of a dog fucking a hare on my border, do you understand?” Snarling, the Alpha female snapped at the woman's face again, heated breath pouring from her muzzle. “If another shit word comes out of your fat little mouth I will break your jaw. You no longer have the opportunity to plead your case. Get out of my sight, now.”
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OOC: Well, so much for Macawi joining this pack!

IC: It took everything in Macawi's power to not slap this alpha female across the face. She allowed herself to be pushed backwards, but her body stayed erect, muscles coiled in defiance. She ignored the female's words about not speaking.

"Erika," she called, not taking her eyes off of the angry, snarling alpha, "I am sorry I said such words in front of you. Forgive me, my friend. You and this… Jinx, did you call her? - seem to know each other. If this causes any ill will between the two of you, I am sorry."

With a last snort in the white female's direction, she turned tail and fled. She ran far, far away from the mountain, with no intention of ever returning. And this, she almost regretted, for she was tired of being without a pack. Without a family.

With a sigh, she thought, Where does Macawi go now?
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
aaeeeiiii . Tyrande's first time with a pack wasn't too great either.. I SHANT GIVE UP ON YOU. Let's see if Tyrandes 'gentle nature' can fix this problem

She watched the coy-wolf flee, sighing... She remembered the first time she had joined at pack ... Unlike the coy-wolf, she wasn't given the option of running.

There is hope yet, she thought. Neither wolf meant to inflict such damage... She stood up at Jinx's okay to leave. She turned as if to walk towards the border, but she flanked past the other group when she was out of sight. She was unsure how Jinx would react to her actions, but at this point in time, she didn't care.

She followed the coy-wolf's scent, until she came upon the coy-wolf herself. She stayed behind her, her footfalls matching Macawi's, waiting to be noticed by the tracked coyote.
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi growled softly. She was in no mood to be followed, especially not by a member of the Silvertip Mountain Pack. Had it been Erika, she would not have minded. She would have enjoyed the company. But no. It was the little black she-wolf, the only one who had not chased her. Macawi sighed. She supposed that this fact held the wolf in a better light than the others.

She slowed her pace to a stop, trying to think of what to say to her newest chaser, and finally, she turned and settled on the words, "What does this wolf want with Macawi?" Her usually light, laughter-filled voice now sounded only tired and worn. Her step held no bounce and her eyes held no cheer. She was - if only for the moment - broken.
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
considering what the PM said, I'm GOING to assume that I can post, considering you guys needn't worry about the posting order much longer??? Correct me if I'm wrong!

The shade stopped in front of Macawi, and tilted her head in a somewhat friendly manner.

"I am here in hopes of mending what has been broken, and in hopes that you would understand what I am about to say."

She tilted her head the other way. "First off, I should start introductions. I am Tyrande, one who has earned the title of Nightshade. Tyrande Nightshade, but Tyrande is fine. And you are Macawi, quarter-blood wolf, three-quarters coyote, no?"
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
You guys are free to post, just make sure Erika and Sitri make their exit posts before the thread is archived!

The coyote was not complicit with her direct command, and this riled Jinx even further. She was about to lunge for the creature, but it spoke only to Erika before whirling and fleeing. She padded after it for about ten paces just to make sure it didn't get any funny ideas, then halted and turned back to her pack mates.

By now, Tyrande had turned and began heading back to the mountain. Jinx paid her little heed at this point, keen to let her go home in peace. They would all need to ruminate on what had happened here, and take measures to prevent it in the future; the Alpha female didn't doubt it was difficult for the black-furred Nightshade to accept the outcome, but she never suspected anything else.

Her eyes held on Sitri for a moment, then flicked to Erika. Without a further word, she gestured for them to walk with her, eager to quit the scene of the coy-wolf's outburst.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika watched sullenly as her friend Macawi walked away after apologizing to her. The black wolf felt a depressing mix of emotions: sadness, regret, anxiety, as the coyote diminished into the distance. The dark shade of a wolf, Tyrandre, followed her. The maimed wolf did not worry, for Tyrandre would not attack her friend. Erika was only worried that she may not see Macawi again.

The white alpha Jinx trotted after the coyote for a few paces before turning back, satisfied that an intruder had left her borders. The tangerine eyes flicked to Sitri, then her before Jinx gestured them to follow her. Erika looked at where her friend was heading and then back at Jinx, who was walking away. With a sigh, the black wolf followed her, hopefully, new alpha.
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Despite being very tired and wanting to go lay down somewhere, Macawi dropped her guard a little once she established that the black wolf was not going to harm her.

"And you are Macawi, quarter-blood wolf, three-quarters coyote, no?" the she-wolf asked.

"No," Macawi replied dryly, cracking a bit of a grin. She laughed. "Yes, this is true. Macawi is Macawi, a quarter wolf on her grandfather's side, and coyote otherwise. What does Wolf want with her? Come to sling insults like your ignorant alpha, or is this one perhaps a bit more intelligent, less racist? Hmm?"
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande closed her eyes quickly, so as Macawi could not see the anger that could shoot sparks out of her eyes. "I understand why you are upset with Jinx, Macawi," she said firmly, "But I would greatly appreciate it if you woul not, as you say, sling insults at her. Although she was inconsiderate, this is true, she is still my alpha and it would be my duty to defend her. Not only me and Sitri, but several others, including Erika, are under her as an alpha... Sitri just... Goes a little overboard. Her voice softened as she opened her eyes, practically glowing violet in her calm. "But I wasn't her to chastise you... I came here hoping that, if I am able to help you rest on good terms with the alpha, you would find the home you came looking for in the first place. My alpha most likely didn't mean to be rude. She's just to-the-point, for the lack of a better word. She never meant to insult you in any way shape or form. In fact, the fact that she stopped chasing you and spoke so warmly to you-yes, warmly- meant she would have listened. But, unfortunately, you were a little too quick to defend your honor... However, if you let me help you, I will make sure to put in a good word for you... And Erika shall, as well, I'd imagine."

Tyrande was unsure if Erika really was in the pack yet or not, but all signs pointed yes, and Jinx seemed to like Erika, and vice versa. So she felt that the situation would help Macawi understand that her friend-or, as it seemed to be her friend- would also be there. She wouldn't be completely alone.