Ravensblood Forest Mr.Mysterious
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Chaska felt in no mood to talk with anyone of the pack they had recently joined just yet. He just didn't feel like meeting any new just yet. And yet he felt like conversation. So he sought out @Evelyn after a little walk he took to explore the territory. There were some things to be said, some things he had withheld from her in the short time they knew each other. And no doubt she had things to say as well.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn had been noting the difference between corpses and live prey in and around the territory when Chaska called. The numbers were alarming and she knew that she would eventually have to speak with Arturo about what she'd discovered, but it would have to wait. She finished dragging one of the larger bodies — at one point, it might've been an elk, but it seemed like nothing more than splayed flesh by the time she'd found it — to the cache, then trotted over to her lover's call. 

Chaska, she called out. Evelyn approached and rubbed her chin against his, leaving a soft lick on his cheek as she circled him. What is it, love? It sounded like there were things to be said from the tone of his call, and she hoped that whatever it was, it was something that she could handle.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Evelyn came to him as he hoped. He sat down, and signalled for her to also sit down before he started speaking. "Evelyn, before we go any further, I thought you would want to know more about me." He made a deep sigh. She had told him about her pack. So she deserved to know about his. Then went on. "You know about my mother. And I know about your pack. Well, it's time I told you about my pack...They were killed by another pack, one we were in truce with."

He lifted his eyes to stare right at hers. "I was rather sad, rarely happy till I got to Silvertip, the pack that is now Easthollow. But still that past caught up with me. And even after I sorted it out, there was just something..missing. But now that I have met you, I don't feel like that is missing anymore." He smiled at her, cocking his head a little so one of his ears flopped down toward the earth. "And I just want to thank you for that."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Oh God. Chaska sat, and with his beckoning for her to do the same, Evelyn fell back onto her haunches with concern written on her face. That is, until he got nearer to the end of his speech, at which point she couldn't help her but release her inward joy in the form of a full-maw smile, teeth and all. And his ear! It was in that moment that Evelyn decided that the little ear thing he'd just done would remain her favorite part of him for the duration of their relationship. Awe, she cooed, moving forward to plant a kiss on his cheek, that might be the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Is that all you wanted to tell me? She grinned and cocked her own head to match Chaska's gaze.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska couldn't help but feel all bashful at her response. He couldn't give his own kiss back to her, as he strated laughing when she did the same. He would have tried, but it was just too perfect. "Well, I could go on. Maybe say the first thing I fell for was your eyes..." He kept on smiling, but it slowly went. "You're my first, you know." It was as if he suddenly realised what this all was for the first time. It felt like a new world had opened up for him. And yet it felt right to him, no matter how many bonds he broke to get here.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn blinked playfully as her mate mentioned her eyes, key-lime and bright. Chaska told her that she was in first, and in truth, he was her first as well. Maybe he wasn't her first lay, but he was her first love, and that's what mattered the most. You're my first, too, y'know. It still feels weird to say that I'm in love. Her maw twisted into a look of mock disgust as the word rolled from her tongue. This spectrum of emotion that Chaska had unlocked within in her left a strange taste in her mouth, but it was sweet all the same. I think I want to spend my life like this. Just you and I, together. Chaska made Evelyn feel whole; something she'd never known before falling into his embrace.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's tail swayed slowly behind him as he leaned in to nudge her cheek, take in her scent for only a moment. It was a smell he would be getting used to, a lot. Her reaction after saying love caught him a bit. Was it disgust? He mentally shook his head, thinking it as something else. 

And then he was caught by surprise again. "R-Really?" He had wanted that, but to hear the words, it was life changing. "Evelyn, that's great! I want that too" he added after his heart calmed down after beating like it was going to explode. "I knew I was right about you."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Really, really. Evelyn continued her awe-filled stare at Chaska, her tail thumping happily behind her. It would just be the two of them, growing old together and watching their legacy live on in the hearts they touched. Thank God they were on the same page about this all; Evelyn didn't know what she would do if...

Wait. 

Chaska, she said quietly, do you want...children? What would she do if his answer was yes? She couldn't just run away; she'd fallen in love with the dopey brute. But she also didn't want to be charged with the responsibility of motherhood anytime soon, or anytime at all for that matter. Her heart began to race, and unbeknownst to her, she gave Chaska a look of expectation, possibly interpreted as her wanting the pests herself.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska was glad of that. Then, a question he never expected anytime soon was asked. His heart froze, he caught his breath. That was something he did not expect. And yet, ever since he began telling the pups of Silvertip, a small part of him wanted his own to tell stories to. But the trouble they would cause, how hard it would be. He had never done parenting. The only ones he knew were at the pack they came from.

"I...I'm not sure." And that answer was as honest as it could get, despite the look she had on her face. "I mean, I would enjoy telling them my own stories, but...No, we could work through it. Together we could, I know we can...Can't we?"
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
His answer wasn't quite a yes or a no, which didn't satisfy Evelyn one bit. I actually don't want kids, she told him, plain as day. It was better that they talk about these things now, rather than later. Besides, if she knew her body well, then she would soon be in heat, and things were hard to properly analyze when hormones were at their height. I don't mean to be so bold; I just think this is one of the things we should talk about. We're both adults here after all. I'm sure we can each handle some real talk, right?
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Her answer to his answer was a bit shocking. "Evelyn...All right." He couldn't help but feel his ears flop down a bit. But it was her decision. And he would follow that decision like a sheep follows a shepherd. "If you don't want any, then we don't have to." The was only a little disappointment in his voice, he chose to hide that with a big smile. "We're in this together after all. So if one of us makes a choice, we both agree."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn liked that he agreed with her, though she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt seeing his ears flop and his joy fade. No, she sighed, I suppose it's something we can talk about. I don't want you to give up something you want. For a moment, and just for that moment, Evelyn felt...sympathy? She could tell that her words caused disappointment in her mate, and she hated seeing him in any state other than rejoicing, so Evelyn decided that she would put her pride aside to help cheer him up once again. A small kiss was also offered, just in case.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska shook his head. "If you don't want any, then we don't have to have any." That was his final say in the matter. And Evelyn's small kiss helped him cheer up. He was doing this to make her happy. And to make her happy, he was determined to do anything for her. Even if it meant disappointing himself. But it was all for grand happiness later. All for her, and their happiness together. "Besides, I can always tell you stories" he said with the hint of a grin.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Wrap it up?

He said his final word with a certain firmness which Evelyn couldn't help but find the least bit sexy. She grinned in a coquetteish manner, and stood, arching her back with her rump in the air and her tail swaying playfully. Is that all you can do, Mr. Mysterious? If they did decide to have children one day, they wouldn't have much time to do some of the other things which they found pleasure in. Sure, stories were great, but as Evelyn said before, they were both adults, and adults sometimes needed other enrichment.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Evelyn got playful all of a sudden, and he couldn't help himself. He did the same, his tail wagging in the air behind him. "I can do many other things" he said in a forced mysterious voice to go along with the new title. His eyebrows wriggled on his face. The last time he acted like this was over a year ago, and he had been embarassed. Now, it came rather naturally. He playfully pounced toward her, trying to get her to run to engage in a chase.

Sure!
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn enjoyed his playful attitude, although it wasn't quite what she'd been hoping for. She engaged Chaska in his game of chase, leading the pair on a love-feuled adventure through the clearing.