Neverwinter Forest Hostile Takeover
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Private 
She did not expect this. Kjalarr, of all people, was stepping down. Maude was bewildered by his actions, further realizing how much she really didn't know him. More confusing was the sudden ascension of his mate, the bitch @Ondine . Why her? Why not one of the family that made up most of the pack? Why not someone who had been there longer? Even she wouldn't put herself up to the task, having limited interaction with the pack. She didn't fancy being swarmed by a bunch of landlubbers and their problems.

The pirate sought the water witch out, hopefully to also find out what Kjalarr had in mind with promoting such a woman. She didn't think this would end well, and as much as she wanted this pack to continue on, she enjoyed the thought of Ondine's ruin too much to not threaten the new Alpha.
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Strolling around the forest, Ondine tried to make a map of the place in her mind. She was sure she could find her way and know where everything was already, but she needed to know every corner of the forest she now ruled. She took mental notes on large rocks and interesting roots of trees that would perhaps make nice dens in the future. She had wanted to collect some herbs as well, but she knew to wait for late spring to gather to her heart's content.

It was not long before she scented the smell of the pirate and turned to see what was up. She approached with a slightly raised tail and a soft, meant smile. She was willing to put everything behind them, but knew it would not be so simple. Ondine had taken his man, his place and now even the pack. It was a punishment for trying to kill her on numerous occasions though, and Ondine did not feel bad for taking what was offered.

Goodmorning, Maude. She greeted with a nod.
"I simply... Don't remember."
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude bared her crooked, yellowed teeth in a smile that was neither pleasant or malicious. Her tail wagged in greeting, but that was all the pleasantries she gave the woman. She was interested in what the others thought of her especially. Maude had no love for the woman, and was eager to see what would happen to her as the days went by and it became apparent to the other Neverwinter wolves that they were being led by an outsider. Top o' t'mornin' t'ye, She greeted back. Enjoyin' bein' in charge?

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
So far, most of the wolves she actually knew here approved of her soft handed ruling title and she felt great comfort in that. She loved the feeling of being needed - not only by her son, but now also by young Rian. Even Maude seemed... less aggressive than usual, giving Ondine the idea that maybe she had gotten over her grudges and hatred. If this continued, and Maude was not out to murder or embarrass the siren, perhaps she'd allow Maude to just live a peaceful life here in Neverwinter Forest.

Oh - I have not been in charge for all that long yet. Quoth she, hoping the pirate was not jealous of her sudden promotion. Though I do realize that I have a lot to live up to - I want the wolves of Neverwinter to be comfortable under my ruling. She announced, giving the pirate a suspicious look. Ondine meant every word she said; an uprising or a forced leadership was nothing for the rather peaceful singer.

Can I do anything for you? She asked, not quite sure why they had gathered at all but then realizing she had been the one to sniff her out. Must be tripping balls or something.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude was a lot smarter than most took her for. She was impulsive, reckless, obsessive, but not stupid (completely). She figured that with her mellower approach that Ondine would be caught off-guard, but the hatred Maude felt for her was still there, only blossoming with her rise to power. Maude thought herself a terrible leader, but she had seen many leaders, both great and terrible, and knew what traits were best in a seat of power. Ondine had yet to show any of them. Can't I just say hi fer once? She asked, her head tilted as Ondine asked for her needs.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
While it was true she had had little time to prove her strengths as a possible leader with her having given birth and all, one could not deny the air of royalty Ondine brought along with her everywhere. Tall, broad - physically, she was everything a leader could dream of being, though perhaps mentally she was too soft. She blinked her bi-colored eyes at the pirate; unsure of what to think. She had wanted to kill her - take the children from within her womb - and now just wanted to say "hi"? Ondine was sceptical.

It's just not something I expected coming from you. She explained, as nicely as possible.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Ondine's confused look was priceless; it took all of Maude's willpower to keep her from bursting out into laughter, but she stayed looking innocent and earnest, cocking her head slightly at Ondine's remark. Ye should 'pect more from me, den She said with a shrug.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Her slightly confused expression wavered - making place for squinting eyes and a slight, angry bend to her brows. You tried to kill me - kill the child I carried. She cleared up for the pirate, as if she were some mindless pup needing a stern talk-to. I don't think my expectations were wrongly placed. She made sure to only say what she thought, so that Maude could not prove her wrong. After all; she could not look inside her head.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Again, Maude shrugged. She was not completely playing this nonchalant nature. Years of living in the hellhole she longed for, Tortuga, made her numb to such attempted atrocities. She had seen worse crimes be committed between future friends and allies. But I didn't? So, yer welcome, eh? Yer little tyke's alive an' well, ain't 'e? She hadn't seen the child since his birth, but she could only assume such, given what little fuss there was over him.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Her mouth slightly curved in a frown and brows angrily laying in a disinterested manner above her bi-coloured orbs did Ondine look down upon Maude. She found the lack of care quite offensive and not even close to acceptable. That is besides the point. She replied sternly. I will allow you to stay here and live your life, but please; show some more respect for me and my family. Ondine tried her best to not sound too angry but the pirate had hit quite the spot with her comments on her and her son's matters.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was getting to her now. Ondine's uncomfortability was growing, she saw it as she looked down at her, Ondine's brows furrowed. She remained as cool as could be, though she snorted at the black-eyed woman's next demand. Oh? But lass, Oi'm givin' ye as much respect as ye deserve, Her glare became dangerous then, goading the witch on now, wondering how much longer it would take to break her.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
You are not. Ondine let out coolly, calming herself down by thinking of little Arrille and his puppy blue eyes that shimmered so cutely. She rolled her stiff, broad shoulders and then resumed her walk through the territory without saying another thing. She did not know what made her think Maude would ever change - she was a bitter pirate; never satisfied and hunting for anyone who came as close as just talking to the man she wanted to claim. Some were just doomed to always be unhappy, and Ondine felt sorry for Maude.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
With a simple snap, Ondine ended their conversation, stalking away from Maude with arrogance in every step. Maude sniffed, watching her rival go. She shrugged, knowing that if this was as civilized as they could get with each other, it was for the best. She had tried to be nice, hadn't she? Maude shrugged, going on her own way.