Blackwater Islands welcome home
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Private 

Kalika was atop her perch, watching the waves of the Sea and tracking the strange calm that She seemed to hold. It brought a similar wash of tranquility over the blanched yearling who longed for nothing more than to have the same peace as her Mother. With things changing so often in this new home, it was rare for her to be able to relish in the small things, such as this.

A breeze drifted past the young Siren, carrying with it an unfamiliar scent. Knowing that there were no other wolves on the islands than Nereides, she became a bit anxious and decided to track the mystery trail. Though her bones ached with longing to feel the water beneath her paws once more, Kalika knew that there were other important things at hand which the Mother would understand.

As she neared the rocky coast, a pale slyph came into view, thus making Kalika lift her tail to a slightly dominant position (not nearly as high as a Matriarch's, but high enough to signify her importance and dedication to the pack). As the distance between them closed, she could tell that Akantha had recently been near this femme, which doused a bit of her worry. She barked a greeting before putting on her signature smile and cooing a proper greeting, Hello. You must be a new recruit, yes?
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
another approached her, and galateia noted their posture. already laying and prone, galateia flattened her ears atop her crown and made herself appear smaller for the others comfort and to show due respect. the others accented words, sweet and lilting, were met in kind with a warm tone from the recently named nereid: yesterday, Akantha found me, after Mother Sea bore me upon Her shores—I am Galateia, and she spoke with the very same conviction Akantha had when speaking her name, for that was who she was! before the others arrival, Galateia had been testing the use of her muscles. this day she would not be able to walk independently, but knew she must apply pressure to her limbs so as to regain their strength. she grimaced, and the emerald-eyed pearl admitted, The Sea has carried me for a long time—I truly feel as though I am born again! I cannot yet rise alone to greet you, she admitted. but she did not doubt that she would, in time, do just this. and who are you, sister?
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Galateia.

A name as sweet as honey for a woman even sweeter. She had been named for her coloring; a perfectly crafted blanket of white. Kalika nodded her head upon hearing the mention of Akantha's name, and lowered herself to show that this advancement put them on an equal field. Born upon the shores? Kalika inquired. Perhaps that was why the femme was so well-bred; she was the direct daughter of the Sea. This realization made the ambassador lower herself even more, perhaps below Galateia. 

It's fine if you cannot stand, Kalika said with a pitiful tsk, The Mother's power often takes away one's strength so that we may learn to depend on Her and the blessings She gives us, her undeserving servants. To believe in something bigger than one's self was truly humbling, which Kalika was slowly growing to learn. Rather than pressuring the woman to force her way to her feet, she lowered herself to her own four paws with her tail wagging joyfully in the air behind her. Should she ask her to assist her into a stance, Kalika would gladly oblige.

I am Kalika, the ambassador of this pack and the hopeful advisor to Akantha. I came to give you a tour, but seeing your current state... She offered a sheepish smile and tilted her head in a sympathetic fashion. Is there anything else I can offer you?
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
yes, she responded breathlessly—though as for the details, she was not certain as she had stirred only when expelled from The Mothers womb, a fathomless thing so deep that one was left with more questions than answers when it came to discovering things it carried. her own dark lashes fluttered as the other adjusted their posture, and she smiled warmly at the others disposition. it was easy for galateia to feel taken with the other—her sweet voice, her beauty, her warmth and her immediate receptiveness to her upon the news she shared in earnest! she imagined there was so much more to love about her newfound sister, and her emerald eyes held to the beautiful navy of her companion. 

her heart throbbed at the others kindness, her understanding! although Galateia had been born to The Mother, she had only come to be yesterday and had much to learn! Akantha had already told her much, and would continue to teach her directly whilst she recovered—she would not deny the insights any other could give to her, nor information she could glean from them if they were willing to share with her. she could only nod to the words spoken by the pewter beauty, agreeing wholeheartedly. now was her time to learn! the pale woman move to lay with her, and Galateia worked her muscles in an attempt to draw slightly nearer, her tail thumping against the earth gently. 

as she spoke again, Galateia smiled warmly. once the other had finished, she spoke gayly: you are so kind! when I am well, I should love to receive a tour from you, Kalika, and after a beat, she continued, in answer to the final question: I would be happy simply to have your company, to hear your voice, she admitted, and continued in a soft voice, there is much I do not yet know of my sisters, and of our ways, and The Sea has brought me here to learn; I follow Her will, devotedly, for this was the path she had set upon! A heavy gale surrounded them as she spoke as though to rally her, and she was invigorated by her purpose.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika inhaled Galateia's buttery voice with a look of great pleasure on her face, as if simply being in the same space as the femme was enough to qualm her internal struggles. She smiled as she listened to the other speak, occasionally chirping excitedly in response. It was rare to find such grace upon their land, but even more rare for the women to want to adapt to the ways of the Nereides.

I can teach you some things, Sister. Do know that I am still learning myself. This was the culture which she had been born into and lived in for the first months of her life but she had been stolen away at such a young age that it seemed she had to learn everything all over again. Thankfully she was a fast learner and Kalika found it easy to adjust. You can only speak the common tongue, correct? Kalika didn't mind teaching the pale sylph Greek, though she would rather know her responsibilites from the beginning.

As women of the Sea, we are the direct descendants of our Mothers. Of course, some of us are more lucky than others to be chosen, such as yourself. She smiled and gently padded at the other's nose before continuing, We are the powerhouses of this land, placed down to continue the legacy through the raising of strong, healthy daughters. It is our duty to serve Her in whatever way we can for as long as we can.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
she was rapt as Kalika spoke, and nodded first in understanding to the other. although Kalika was the more educated on the matters of her new family than she, it warmed her further to know she had a kindred spirit—that they were both in this together, learning alongside one another. willing pupils of The Mothers testament. the next question Galateia answered in what she herself believed was the truth: yes, that is correct. Galateia, when spoken to in French or Gaelic, would know those tongues too, and could speak them as well as she could understand them. this was something she was unaware of, and would think it but another gift from The Sea. the truth of it would never be known to her, though she would not think it to be a shadow of anything else as she had not the reason to. 

when the other pawed gently at her face, Galateia grinned but she did not boast. she counted herself fortunate for many reasons—of all to find her that fateful day, it was Akantha, a Sister to her. the raven Matriarch filled the voids that otherwise might have always been left gaping, and she was saved for it. with much difficulty, Galateia stretched a foreleg and attempted to drape it over the other. she would work them this way now and again, though did not grimace or emit sounds of the pain she endured. she breathed, knowing this was the first of many tests. she survived, and soon would thrive for it, and her eyes sparkled. I am eager to serve Her, she admitted. in time, her purpose might be revealed by The Mothers, but there was no question that her purpose was here and alongside Kalika, Akantha, and with the others that resided with them! her eyes glowed with great interest, and her ears perked forward. they were all daughters, were they not? daughters of The Sea, and Sisters to one another! yes, indeed, she was eager to serve and help in any ways that she could!
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
With Galateia's arm placed atop her shoulder, Kalika leaned into the embrace with a welcoming whine. Are there any questions that you have for me? she asked, wondering if all of the new femme's questions had been asked. She examined the silent cried of her companion as she moved, though they were miniscule enough to make the thought of bringing them to conversation a bit rude to Kalika. Instead, she decided that this was only one side effect of having been with Her for so long.

Do you have any trades? Any interests? The conversation was quickly dying and Kalika felt that small talk (while grimace worthy) could keep them afloat.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the others inquiry brought forth a thoughtful look. I am afraid I do not know the proper questions to ask, she admitted, her cheeks growing warm with embarrassment from the truth of this. I suppose that I would like to know anything that you might be able to share with me, she offered at length; Galateia, too, wanted this conversation to continue... but to learn from Kalika, and her fellow Sisters, was a great wish of hers at present. she had been Chosen, but she had much to learn—she was a willing initiate, however. born to the Sea, she would heed those who knew Her decree and who could teach her the ways in which to properly abide by Her edict and code. 

the others next question was also thought on for a moment. to aid others, she hummed, her tail waving. Galateia was unaware that she was a brilliant healer, and a naturalist as well—though when the time presented itself, it would appear she was simply a natural at the tasks she knew best. in her previous life, a life unknown to her, she had been a protege—these skills would carry over, and would be inexplicable to her and others who would now come to know her. I am sorry that I cannot tell you more—in coming to be, I am still learning of my own strengths and weaknesses. the Sea must mean for me to discover these things as I heal, she tilted her head, wondering if Kalila might be able to provide her own insight. and then, after a moment, she inquired: what of you, Kalika! I should like to know all of you and your passions as well, she lilted, her ears leaning ever so slightly in the direction of her newfound Sister, whom her heart already plainly adored.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Well, there's plenty for you to learn. You'll catch on quickly, I'm sure. Kalika winked at Galateia with a slight glint to her eye and a glow to her frame. I enjoy politics and business. I'm an ambassador, though I hope to also one day become an advisor. She sighed and thought about how long the climb to the top might be, though she knew that it would be worth it. To be a High Priestess would be an honor, though she was more than happy to learn from Akantha until then.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
oh, I do hope so, she said with a small, worried smile—though fortunately, her wits and her ability to retain knowledge had not escaped her. Kalika had, unbeknownst to either of them, read her properly. when Kalika spoke of her interests, she appeared rapt. although the response was not lengthy, it was succinct and well-spoken. we do not know one another well, yet I feel as though this would suit you well, dear Sister! you speak beautifully, and you are quite easy to talk with—I would love to see you doing your hearts passion, Galateia closed her eyes and imagined Kalika like this, but it was hardly any different than seeing her now—she was wholly brilliant, and Galateia saw, already, the best in her.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
hoping to wrap this up w your post; it's her final trade thread for scout! <3

Thank you, Kalika said with polite acceptance of the compliments. If there is nothing else that you need, I should think that an advisor is needed with the Matriarch. There were many things that Akantha and Kalika needed to speak on, and the sooner she could get to her leader, the better.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
of course, she said with a polite dip of her head, excusing Kalika as she had requested, I hope to see you again soon, Kalika—thank you, for speaking with me, it would not be forgotten! the pearl, only after Kalika made her departure, rested her head gingerly beside her forelegs, smiling contentedly.