Redhawk Caldera Let's not fight
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 

Sebastian needed to talk with his daughter. He had something to make up. He had not treated her fairly and needed to apologize. Nova also wasn't aware of the full story about her brother. He had told him that he could always go to Moonspear or the Redhawks if he needed help. They were at the Caldera pack at the moment, meaning that Mato might come here to ask for help. It was a hope Sebastian had.

He also wanted to suggest to Nova that they would go and look for Mato together. He hoped that would give them time to bond again and, hopefully, settle their differences. Sebastian hated to disappoint her, hence why he wanted to settle this matter. He tried to track her down and see she was willing to talk to him.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
[table width=80%][tr][td] 

In contrast to her father's thoughts it wasn't that Nova was mad at him. None of her feelings were directed towards anyone - her father included. She was bitterly upset about losing her home, about not finding why they had to move, or why it had to be the Caldera with it's contemptuous children who clearly didn't want them there. If those were the kids behaviors, what about the adults? Sure, Finley and Elwood seemed nice enough but it was difficult and brought up several emotions in her about the behavior of the wolves smaller and younger than she was. It was her first taste of interacting with anyone outside her litter who might be seen as a rival or a peer and so far she wasn't impressed. 

More importantly though was the matter of her brother. Her brother, who wouldn't know where to find them when he got to wherever was oh so important that he left his family behind for. Maybe that hurt more than any of it - that he hadn't stayed, and she didn't know why he had to leave. Nova hadn't the energy to walk the lands or explore at all, nor had she the desire. Everything felt wrong her. It wasn't her Fen, none of her items were there either; even the majestic antlers she'd found had to be left behind. Nova was just dismayed - watching the world go by with her head resting on her paws, she didn't even care if the new Alpha's thought she was weak and chased her out.

Everything seemed wrong.

[/td][/tr][/table]
You're picture perfect blue
Sunbathing on the moon
Stars shining as your bones illuminate
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian eventually found his daughter. She was laying down with her head on her paws. It hurt him to see her like that. He let out a soft woof to signal his approach. He stepped closer, close enough to nudge her cheek. "Nova," he spoke softly and then decided to go for the friendly nudge. The father really believed she was mad at him. He felt terrible. He didn't them to be mad at him, he was trying to be the best father for them.

"I told Mato that if he needed help he could go to Moonspear and Redhawk. Hopefully, when he can't find us, he will come to the caldera and find us here," he tried to soothe her worries. But perhaps that was not enough? Sebastian went to lie down too. "Or, if you think it would be better, we can go look for him," he offered as a token of peace.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
[table width=80%][tr][td]

When Sebastian approached her Nova drew in a deep breath, lifting her head up to look at him. It was rude to continue to wallow, after all, but then, she struggled between being a good kid and just not caring right then. She swallowed back the eruption of emotion threatening to spill out of her, a little hiccup leaving her though she didn't say anything, didn't cry, didn't shake. She tried to just push it all down like she could forget about it but that didn't work so well even on her best of days.

"What happens if he doesn't want to find us?" Nova asked after a long pause, another fear coming to the surface in the behavior of her brother. "H-he left for other puppies didn't stay for me, or Ivy, or Benny." God she sounded smaller than the one that had come with their welcome party, and she hated it. "Daddy, I'm just....I'm sad." Even his offer to go hunting didn't make her feel much better - they didn't know where to even begin looking for Mato. 

[/td][/tr][/table]
You're picture perfect blue
Sunbathing on the moon
Stars shining as your bones illuminate
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched his daughter and in that moment he realized he had been wrong. The girl seemed more upset than mad at him. He tipped his head gently seeing her so sad. Her ears flopped back as well when she spoke. Mato made it clear that he still wanted to visit them and saw them as his family. "Oh Nova," he spoke softly and then settled next to her so she could snuggle against him for comfort if she needed to.

"I miss him too, terribly," he spoke to her. "I didn't want to let him go, Sweety. I really didn't but if I would have forbidden him to go he would only resent me or perhaps his whole family. I didn't want that," he explained and reached to Nova to give her a comforting lick. "Mato didn't leave because he didn't want to be with you and your siblings. He left because he wanted to learn more from the world and learn the culture of other wolf packs. Perhaps you would want that too, one day. It wouldn't mean that you would forget about us, right?," he explained. "I think he will come looking for us and otherwise, we can always go look for him. Tell him that we miss him."