Firestone Hot Springs Cause you gotta guilty, filthy soul
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
[Image: CaohSey.png]
@Aeronwyn i hope this works for you!

The smell of this area didn't phase the man in earthen tones. If anything, it had a feel-like-home sense to it. The steam was thick as it pooled around the ponds, white tendrils wrapping themselves around his muscular frame while he searched for something. The heat from the rocks could be felt even through his calloused pads, while his mouth remained ajar to help cool his body and take in as much oxygen in the steam filled air.

Stopping at a wide pool, he lowered his head just enough to assess the water and take an educated guess on what its depth might be. Slipping in one foot at a time, not a splash was made as the brute lowered himself into the naturally heated water, instantly feeling his tense muscles relax and the debris freeing itself from his flesh and coat. He hadn't taken a bath in a long time - and despite not believing in their necessity, the warm water gave him enough reason to soak his body for a moment before moving on.

Lowering himself onto his belly, the water rose up over his back and up to his chin.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
it surprised her that, in all her wanderings, all her time in Teekon, she had never found this place. she stepped soundlessly between the pools, maw agape and drawing the thick, humid air into her lungs. in the gathering coolness of evening, the stream from the pools wreathed around her tightly, tendrils of smoke reaching out to her, begging her to let them pull her into the mist. but there was another scent here, one that reeked of carrion, but too of life. 

the woman followed it, moving like a wraith through the mists, until she stood at the brink of a pool, larger than the rest. but it was not the pool that stole her gaze, but the male that lumbered within it, and the gaze of burning coals that burned from a filthy skull. submerged as he was, she could not guess his size, but he hardly seemed the type to be small and scrawny. 

she was still, made no effort to speak, as she regarded the male, the monster, within the pool. mist danced between them, but it was thin, vapid, and the gaze of the beast was glowering within the ghostliness of the pools.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

While he soaked in the pool, the brute's mind went blank as to allow himself to completely relax and allow the warmth to do its work. His moment of relaxation was cut short as the sound of claws hitting the rock echoed in the silence of the pools. It was soft, but audible none the less. He had company and they were approaching. Glaring up from his position from where the sound came from, he watched as the form of a phantom with glacial eyes appeared from the mist.

She was silent as they made eye contact, despite not having the appearance of someone who would willingly cause him grief and the calming effect of the water, his eyes hardened as his short temper began to tick away. Out of all the pools you have come to mine. He began, a low tone as he aimed every word to her. What is it you seek?

He took this moment to look her over, the steam hid most of the woman from his gaze, but he judged from what he could see. She was of average height, and not too big. Judging by how she carried herself, she was not a caregiver like most females. She was a fighter. He could tell - gladiators all had a tell, and it was that fire behind those glacial eyes of hers.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
there was a hardening of the coals that lay within the skull of the other, and instantly she was aware of the minute threat made by such an action. yet she made no move to alter her stance, or to leave, or to do anything. his question had her pause; briefly, she had been searching for the scent of living-carrion, yet such a remark ought to have consequences. 

" What is it you offer?" her tone rang cool, indifferent, offering a different form of directness than his low words offered. the words were delivered as part of the game of speech she intended to play, yet behind them, there was, too, interest. for they eyes through the mist radiated a sort of power, something different than all the had seen before.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

She didn't move. Not a muscle out of place. The gears were figuratively visible as they turned while she came up with an answer to his question. But as the words came from her maw, his gaze did not soften. Dark brows furrowed while darkened lips tightened; the man shifted his position in the water while pushing himself up to a stand, remaining in the water while met met her gaze with a more appropriate level.

The water slicked down his fur, exposing his musculature that was normally hidden under the thick fur that graced his frame. A body fit for power and ambush, speed and delicacy clearly lacking in his physique - but for one like him, those were unnecessary. I'm tired of these games you all play. An audible growl rolled from his tongue while he spoke, despite his words being directed to her, the aggression was more or less directed to a third party.

You've come to me, with that he began to approach, without hesitation in his gate, he pushed through the water with ease, muscles rippling with every step until he stopped about a wolf-length away from the female. So I ask again. What the hell do you want, woman.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
face hardened all the more, and finally, did he rise. gaze fell on a form built for power and for the attack and the kill. the male truly was a monster, and yet, she did not baulk, stance firm as her gaze betrayed little of her thoughts, of the stirrings of interest in the beast. words rolled from his tongue then, a growl leaked from betwixt his jaws. his form moved into motion, then, approaching, and despite herself, her stance shifted in the slightest, to better be prepared for conflict, if that was what the male sought. 

his question rang again, and this time, her words fell hollow and true. "I wanted to find out what reeks of carrion, yet lives. And I have found you."  came her words, blunt and simple, adding a moment later, "Now, I wish to know what the beast with a gaze of hell calls himself."  she continued, intentions, while simple, laid clear.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Finally she moved, it may have been the slightest of movements - but there was a shift in her position as he approached. It was the only opening he needed to feel a mild leverage in this meeting.

A rush of air blew from his nostrils, forcing the smokey fingers of the heated pools to move under his command. Like a dragon breathing out smoke, it cleared his face and vision for a moment before the steam rose again, claiming its place between them.

Finally an answer came from the woman, one of which that did not frustrate the man. His scent is what summoned her, it wasn't all too unusual. Normally it kept the curious soul at bay, but there was always some who were brave enough to come and see what was at the other end of the trail. Vengeance. His answer was simple. And who are you.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior

vengeance. she tested out the name in her mind, whispering it soundlessly. it reminded her quickly of Nemesis, who held a similar name. but they were different, these too. Nemesis was wraith and shadow and manipulative leader. Vengeance, on the other hand, was a beast made flesh, and seemed to radiate a sort of primordial power. his question did not go long unanswered. 

"Aeronwyn"  she answered simply as he had, for there was nothing more to add to it. she had no more allegiances, no more titles, at least not in this land. Warlord whispered at the back of her mind, but she did utter it, for that pack and that title was gone, now. " Who are you, Vengeance?" she knew his name, but that was not what she asked. she sought to know who, what, this beast was, her interest piped in someone for the first time in a while.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Quick to reply in turn, giving her name as he did with his. Molten eyes soften, the irritation had past for now and he returned to a more, relaxed state. In an action based on faith - faith in his own ability to defend if she were to attack, and faith that she was not stupid enough to engage - the man lowered himself back into the warm water, engulphing himself in the embrace of the pool once more, his back semi-turned to her. 

I am what you see. A simple answer. A nobody. Within the recess of his mind, he continued with a for now, determined to make a name for himself in these virgin lands he had yet to mark. What I am is perhaps the right question. A smirk crawled across his mug, head turning just enough to see the woman again. What, do you think am I?
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
there came a release of the intention that gathered, that dissipated as soon as the male sunk back into the pool. the woman found herself dimly acknowledging the awesome power of the male, who with a simple act was able to shift the tides of what transpired around them. his words, though simply, spoke of something greater, some brutal intellect. a nobody, he claimed himself to be. a nobody here, perhaps, but it was easy to sense that he possessed a primal power that ought to make him somebody, someday. 

gaze remained cold, distant, stance still. even though she stood, and he lay within the pool, she felt a sort of dominance radiated from him that she could not match. it frustrated her, this silent power that he had, but all the more intrigued her. " In a pack I once ran with, they praised a Sithis. He was said to be primordial, chaos, darkness incarnate."  There was little she remembered about Blackfeather, but whispers of one of their gods had stuck with her. "If their myth ever came close to being made flesh, you are the closest I have seen."  she answered, truthfully.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

There wasn't much to her, in a sense, she was a blank canvas, in a way, it was relaxing. Normally one would feel the need to either test their strength against the titan, to butt heads and gain bragging rights if they were to defeat him in combat. Others would fear him and run, or try a battle of wits. The later was always irritating. She on the other hand, did none of those. It allowed him to be at ease instead of constantly preparing himself for combat.

At her words, his maw split into a toothy grin, the dirty yellow of his teeth oddly fitting for the filth of a man he was - and soon enough, a laugh boomed fourth. Water rippled with his laughter, only to come a slow chuckle before he took his own turn to speak. There is indeed a first time for everything, isn't there. With a heavy sigh, he calmed his laughter finally. Monster, demon, bastard, he had been called everything under the sun - but nothing close to being similar to a diety of sorts. Nothing worshiped. May I inquire as to why you no longer have an alliegence with this pack?
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
his maw split into a toothy grin, the beast that was him momentarily shattered by the mundane action, the laughter. her maw pulled into wry grin, gaze sparking at the mirth he emanated. when he spoke, understanding came; for surely he had been called, likened to things before; his presence demanded it. but, unlikely, had it ever been to some deity like the one called Sithis. his question had her shift, moving to sit lightly upon her haunches, feeling that no threat came from the male, nor that she ought to present one. sure, it was evident that should a threat be integrated, it would be quick to come, but that was not her plan. 

"While formidable, their worship and religion I could not conform to. When their leadership came to clash, I chose, in hindsight, the wrong side.  Balckfeather, they were called; when I left, they were led newly by an assassin, Nemesis." a shortened, clipped version of what had come to pass. "And now, after a series of rather unfortunate events, I find myself here. Nobody, with no allegiance." She had been Tyro, once. And then Warlord, next Gamma, and then she had been alone. And finally, shortly after the absence of titles came the absence of all those she had known. And she had been left with the moral that to chose less than power, to change, to thaw, led to this; led to being nobody, queen of nothing.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

He kept a wayward glance on the new companion, watching as she too had taken a more comfortable seat than to stand there. What is normally a mistake, he had let slip. Contrary to many meetings, he was indeed, enjoying himself for the time being. The more she spoke, the more he engaged in their conversation. She knew more about these lands than he did, and so he would listen carefully and log away any names and possible important key information in his mind for later use.

Silence followed her explanation while he digested what was said. I see. A pack of religious bafoons. Being one to mock those of religious beliefs, he couldn't take this Blackfeather pack all too seriously despite her tone and words. Is a life of solitude not one you take pleasure in? From your story, you are hardly a nobody. If you were to return, I'm certain they won't treat you like one. A fallen soldier perhaps. Similar to a religious story he had heard of so many times before. The fallen soldiers of a same heaven, the losers cast out.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
wry grin split her muzzle once more. "You are right on two counts. The solitary life I take no pleasure in. Perhaps, once, I was somebody - but what good is a title when all else is fallen to dust? The packs that had my loyalties are gone, now."  the thought of returning to Blackfeather had crossed her mind, on occasion. but how could she, when they considered her an enemy, when they swore a feud with her? when the choice to leave one day had resulted in being attacked on sight?

"Blackfeather is quick to take offence, quick to start lasting grudges. They do not take back those who seek to return. And the other places, they are no more. Following is something I have grown tired of. There is no place for me here, unless I seek to make my own, perhaps. she said, the last sentence almost thoughtful. so long had she stood with Burke and Malice, so long had she followed. For months she had toiled, worked, served. And she had risen, yet slowly, and never did come the promises that had been made for her toil.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Strange were the words that followed. To Vengeance, the life of solitude was dull, yes, but he enjoyed it. To follow another meant to be at their beck and call, rare did he ever find a leader who was willing to see their followers are equals as opposed to tools. Many leaders he had crossed were weak - from age, weak minded, or had a pack of cowards, all were none of his taste; and so, he had taken pleasure in serving himself, and he alone. 

You should watch your words; you seem strong, and yet you come off as weak. The only words of advice he had uttered for a long, long time. Yearning companionship will only put you in the company of the wrong individuals. Even I know wolves are stronger in a pack, but powerful individuals working together is a force to be reckoned with. As he was coming to conclusion, he shrugged lazily. Otherwise the weaker individuals will slow down the group. Shrug off your loses. It's a waste for someone like you.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
his words, despite herself, had a flicker of irritation stir in her gut, undetected, hardly acted on. but it was there, and she knew why, as he continued. she had allowed herself to become weak, to become attached and to change her ways. and that had hardly ended well for her, while she knew the Blackfeather pack still stood, still stood through all the changes and failings in her own life this past year. she would no longer be weak, would not allow it. 

"You speak wisely," she admitted shamelessly, knowing his words to be true. Yearning for companionship, for a pack to run with, was perhaps what had led to her following for so very long with nought to offer for it. "I have followed the wrong individuals for far too long, perhaps as a cost of my own folly." She would not repeat that mistake, realising slowly that Vengeance's words might have been the precise cause of all the failings in the past.

she considered a moment, asking then, "What of you, Vengeance? Do you take pleasure in the solitary life, or simply bear it?" Obviously he would not be actively seeking a pack, as his ideals had just spoken against. But she wondered if the life of a loner was something he admired. Even for her, the woman often refered to as "cold" and "heartless", could not honestly say that she wished to remain a loner.  
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Call it a lack of good conversations - but Vengeance half expected the woman to lash out with a tongue of fire at what he had said. Not that he cared if he had hit a nerve neither; he was simply ready for what he believed was to come. Yet, instead of a sharp and angry retort, Aeronwyn agreed, called him wise even. Shit, he chuckled inwardly to himself, he'd better be careful otherwise he'd wind up as an old "wise" man preaching as opposed to a warlord.

The questioned turned on him finally, she asked a similar question that he had posed her a while ago and silence hovered in the air as he chose his words. Pack life doesn't suit me. Their leaders aren't of my taste and I cannot behave accordingly to their laws. Instead of becoming someone that I am not; I've grown to find comfort in living as a loner. You'd be surprised how many lone wolves are willing to work together for a short time to stave off starvation and packs. He had spoken now more than he has had in years, since the time with his family; as short lived as that was.

If I was to find a leader I can follow, who will not chain my actions or tongue, perhaps I will follow them; if others decide to see me as a leader, then I will lead. Otherwise, I'm where I belong.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior

becoming someone one was not resonated with the woman, reminded her of the time she had come to change, when she had anchored herself to Nico. really, the change had started when she had followed Burke and his family from Blackfeather, but had accelerated with Nico. and then, as things which accelerate without thought often do, she crashed. Nico was gone, Arthendal was gone, and now to the Fen. but like an elastic stretched too far, she had snapped back; back into the woman she had been, or an altered version of that person, when Blackfeather had been her home. 

" You are no follower, Vengeance. You are most definitely one to forge their own path, to lead. The wise choose power and wisdom and wraith to bind their loyalties too, the foolish seek out sheep to run alongside. If you could find here the former, beyond a shadow of doubt would you lead them." her words were not flattery, nor an attempt to gain favour, but truth, and her tone echoed this. Vengeance simply had something about him others did not, some part of him which enabled him the feel of poweress and the innate desire to follow this beast. If only, to not be consumed by it.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Once again he listened intently as the woman spoke. Call it a mutual respect that was born between them, but the man was careful to ingest her words and take them in despite their message. Once she finished, he rose once again. Blackfeather are fools to disown you, the dribbling of water cascading down the curves of his frame, splashing nearly covering his words as he spoke in the background only to fade into drips, sleeking down the fur once more while he stepped up out of the heated pool, finally turning to face the woman once again. There was no need to keep his back turned after he had found some semblance of respect in the female.

Aeronwyn, hypothetically speaking - he began, the usual roll and rumble of his words smoothed to a calm tone as he spoke. Would you follow a creature such as myself. Despite her answer holding little ground on his future decisions, he desired to hear her answer. If she so thought he was a leader then her oppinion was valid. If not she, than whom would. Ruby eyes holding Aeronwyn in a steady gaze, seeking truth no matter the answer.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior

he rose, water streaming from his pelt as if fearful of the beast that had suddenly dislodged it from the pool. she displayed no such fear, watching with something akin to hidden admiration the might of the male as he rose from the waters a second time. his words brought a wry grin to her muzzle, the comment heard as a compliment not going ignored. he rose from the pool fully, and it was only then the woman understood the full semblance of his size and might, and decided that it had been a good decision not to aggravate the male. 

as he rose, so did she, catlike, from her perch atop her haunches, stance once raised at ease, no dominance of submissiveness in her stance, but a quiet dignity. His question was not the words she had expected to hear, but after a brief pause, she answered truthfully, calmly, all the same. "I would."  Aeronwyn knew that this would extend out of hypothesis, and should the brute call together a pack, she would very likely find herself in its ranks. "There are others, who would answer much the same."  she stated, knowing this to be wholly true as she looked to the beast before her. An alpha, in stance, in power and in wisdom, she knew from their first encounter.
facilis descensus averno
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Where he lacked of grace, she excelled. Her movements were as smooth as a river's course through a valley. She was dignified and elegant, but he sense no challenge for superiority - which he didn't feel the need to fill. They were equals after all in such a place, in their current states.

He took her words silently, there was no need for him to reply to the answer she had given other than to give a simple nod as to indicate he had heard what she said. Very well. Turning his shoulder to her, he looked off into the steam, vision blurred by the white whisps. I'll be accepting followers, then. Of course, you are welcome to join me on this journey, I won't hold you to those words however, you and those others you speak of. If you chose to follow, consider yourself my captain for that band of yours. If we don't meet in two moon cycles from now, find me in the snowy North.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
her words were not long in coming, her mind made up shortly after that had uttered her first few words. "I will join you."  she answered with finality, resolute in her decision. her gaze too drifted into the steam, before falling to rest on Vengeance once more. "There is something I must do here. But I will find you, Vengeance, if not here than the North." Captain was a title she had not born before, a wolf like Vengeance one she had not followed before. But this was right, she knew it to be so. 

the woman shifted, tail lashing at her ankles in the slightest. " I leave you now, but know that my allegiances lie with you,"  she added, voice cool yet firm in her decision. she was not one to make decisions especially lightly, yet once she did, she was firm in them. her muzzle dipped, nodding in a gesture of farewell. proving that he raised no qualms to her departure, she would turn tail and slip soundlessly and seamlessly into the fog, no longer an aimless loner, but one with purpose.
facilis descensus averno